Performance Meets Sustainability – Can Advanced Batteries Facilitate Energy Transition?
Advanced batteries are the sophisticated versions of batteries to improve the performance and economics of energy storage and conversion devices. They demonstrate unique battery chemistries to enable the effective use of renewable energy sources without compromising performance. These batteries are touted to store more energy per unit volume and weight, as well as consist of sustainable electrode-electrolyte materials that could potentially withstand multiple charge-discharge cycles.
The advanced batteries market report highlights the current state of play and the future potential of advanced batteries (secondary batteries) in empowering a wide range of outcome-oriented use cases across industries such as electronics, energy & utilities, manufacturing, and transportation.
As the world targets emissions-free energy, advanced batteries gain momentum to integrate performance with sustainability. They are becoming critical to creating renewably powered products that can help the world meet net-zero goals. Their novel chemistries and unique designs push forward new industry applications.
The Road Ahead
Battery technologies will advance backed by a growing shift toward digitalization in battery manufacturing, clean energy requirements, and increasing demand for lighter EVs. The scarcity of raw materials like lithium will drive the development of alternative battery chemistries.
Patent activity sees a boom for higher performance and more sustainable batteries. China leads the pack followed by Japan and South Korea. LG, Samsung, and Toyota are the top filers innovating around new charging systems for EVs, lithium battery chemistries, and non-flammable electrolytes.
Media & Trend Analysis
Business leaders laud advanced batteries for their potential to significantly contribute to a low-carbon economy. Public companies increasingly mention new battery materials for electric vehicles (EVs) and portable electronics in their filings. Active jobs rise in number for new product development and supply chain planning.
VC investments are more inclined towards lithium-based chemistries such as lithium nickel manganate, lithium-ion, and lithium-metal. China dominates the global VC funding to build cobalt-free batteries. Big corporations target startups with fast charging battery solutions.
Companies explore novel battery chemistries and designs to offer superior energy storage, enhanced safety, maximum reliability, and sustainability. Big companies collaborate with battery vendors and research organizations to accelerate new battery development.
For more insights on advanced batteries, download a free report sample
- Technology Decoding: presents key drivers in the advancement of batteries, an overview of advanced batteries, innovative features, and applications, chemistries considered in the scope of the report, key players in the battery ecosystem, major industries, and relevant use cases, and prominent enterprises across these industries
- Media & Trend Analysis: highlights the presentation of advanced batteries from the media perspective – major news and lauds from social media promoting the technology. It also includes mentions of advanced batteries in company annual filings and hiring trends.
- Investment Radar: outlines the total investment trends, venture capital investment trends, leading investors, corporate investors, and investees, and prominent acquisition initiatives
- Innovation Explorer: introduces game-changing company innovations with a spotlight on mid-sized companies and startups. Select corporate-startup partnerships and notable research initiatives inclined at future product developments are presented.
- IP Landscaping: provides a broad-level analysis of the trends in patent filings and grants, technology leaders, filing trends by technology and industry, priority countries, and some interesting patents of advanced batteries from corporations and startups.
- The Road Ahead: summarizes the drivers and challenges, strategies to address challenges, digitalization impact on battery manufacturing, regulatory landscape, future business scopes and models, new concepts emerging as a result, and outlook
Advanced batteries overview and high impact industries, major players across the battery ecosystem providing innovative solutions in each industry, the noise created in the media, VC investment trends, examples related to the novel chemistries, and unique designs of advanced batteries in electronics, energy & utilities, manufacturing, transportation, and others, trends in patent filings and grants, factors driving and challenging the adoption of advanced batteries, regulatory bottlenecks, the impact of digitalization in battery manufacturing, and the future potential of advanced batteries in the next few years.
Reasons to Buy
GlobalData’s FutureTech Series Reports are aimed at capturing futuristic technologies which have the potential to disrupt tomorrow. These technologies are constantly changing, adapting, and progressing to enable a paradigm shift in our daily lives. The awareness, knowledge, and expertise of these topics help transform business models and strategic thinking with an in-depth understanding of megatrends that can directly influence patenting, collaboration, acquisition, and investment decisions.
Briggs & Stratton
Chubu Electric Power
Global Battery Solutions
Gotion High Tech
Hui Neng Technology
Indian Oil Corporation
Log 9 Materials
Semiconductor Energy Lab
The Metals Company
The Western Electric
Thermo Fischer Scientific
Titan Advanced Energy Solutions
ZAF Energy Systems
Table of Contents
Table of Contents
1. Technology Decoding: the combination of performance and sustainability to drive advancement in batteries, definition, key features, and applications, prominent companies across the battery value chain, industry segmentation, prominent use cases, and select major enterprises
2. Media & Trend Analysis: popular news trends and publications, thought leadership, social media traction, mentions in company filings, and key hiring trends
3. Investment Radar: total investment trends, VC investment trends, leading investors, corporate investors and investees, and prominent acquisition initiatives
4. Innovation Explorer: interesting innovations, strategic corporate partnerships, and key research coalitions to accelerate the development of advanced batteries
5. IP Landscaping: trends in patent filings & grants, top patent filers, key filing trends by industries, and noteworthy patents
6. The Road Ahead: drivers and challenges, strategies to address challenges, digitalization in battery manufacturing, regulatory landscape, the impact of advanced batteries on future business models, new concepts emerging as a result, and outlook
Get in touch to find out about our multi-purchase discounts
Tel +44 (0) 20 7947 2960
Every customer’s requirement is unique. We understand that and can customize the report basis your exact research requirements pertaining to market insights, innovation insights, strategy and planning, and competitive intelligence. You can also avail the option of purchasing stand-alone sections of the report or request for a country specific report.
Still undecided about purchasing this report?
“The GlobalData platform is our go-to tool for intelligence services. GlobalData provides an easy way to access comprehensive intelligence data around multiple sectors, which essentially makes it a one-for-all intelligence platform, for tendering and approaching customers.
GlobalData is very customer orientated, with a high degree of personalised services, which benefits everyday use. The highly detailed project intelligence and forecast reports can be utilised across multiple departments and workflow scopes, from operational to strategic level, and often support strategic decisions. GlobalData Analytics and visualisation solutions has contributed positively when preparing management presentations and strategic papers.”
“COVID-19 has caused significant interference to our business and the COVID-19 intelligence from GlobalData has helped us reach better decisions around strategy. These two highlights have helped enormously to understand the projections into the future concerning our business units, we also utilise the project database to source new projects for Liebherr-Werk to use as an additional source to pitch for new business.”
Your daily news has saved me a lot of time and keeps me up-to-date with what is happening in the market, I like that you almost always have a link to the source origin. We also use your market data in our Strategic Business Process to support our business decisions. By having everything in one place on the Intelligence Center it has saved me a lot of time versus looking on different sources, the alert function also helps with this.
Having used several other market research companies, I find that GlobalData manages to provide that ‘difficult-to-get’ market data that others can’t, as well as very diverse and complete consumer surveys.