Afterpay – Competitor Profile
Afterpay offers buy now pay later (BNPL) services, enabling consumers to pay for purchases in installments. Initially an online payment solution, it is now available for in-store purchases in select countries.
Founded in October 2014, it subsequently expanded to New Zealand (in September 2017), the US (May 2018), the UK (August 2018), and Canada (August 2020). It offers its services in the UK under the Clearpay brand, which it expanded to Spain, France, and Italy in March 2021. With 16.2 million customers and 100,000 merchants, it is becoming a strong alternative to credit cards as well as a key payment solution among people with limited access to traditional credit.
Afterpay entered the banking services space with the launch of Money by Afterpay, a money management app in Australia offering current accounts, savings accounts, and debit cards in collaboration with Westpac.
IIn July 2017 Afterpay merged with technology provider Touchcorp to form Afterpay Touch Group. In November 2019, the group changed its name to Afterpay Limited. In January 2022, Block (formerly known as Square) acquired Afterpay.
The report provides information and insights into Afterpay including –
– Detailed insight into its business
– Comprehensive coverage of its products and services
– Comparative assessment with key alternative payment solutions
– Information on its performance, including its revenue model
– The company's important events and milestones
– Afterpay was founded in Australia as a payment option for online shopping.
– In May 2018, Afterpay launched in the US in collaboration with fashion and lifestyle retailer Urban Outfitters.
– In August 2020, Afterpay acquired Spain-based BNPL solutions provider Pagantis, ensuring Afterpay had the necessary regulatory license and means to expand in Southern Europe.
– In January 2022, Block (formerly known as Square) acquired Afterpay.
Reasons to Buy
– Gain insights into Afterpay's business operations and key events.
– Gain insights into its product portfolio and revenue model.
– Assess the competitive dynamics in the alternative payments industry by comparing its performance against competitors.
Table of Contents
Table of Contents
Products and Services
Get in touch to find out about our multi-purchase discounts
Tel +44 (0) 20 7947 2960
Every customer’s requirement is unique. We understand that and can customize the report basis your exact research requirements pertaining to market insights, innovation insights, strategy and planning, and competitive intelligence. You can also avail the option of purchasing stand-alone sections of the report or request for a country specific report.
Still undecided about purchasing this report?
“The GlobalData platform is our go-to tool for intelligence services. GlobalData provides an easy way to access comprehensive intelligence data around multiple sectors, which essentially makes it a one-for-all intelligence platform, for tendering and approaching customers.
GlobalData is very customer orientated, with a high degree of personalised services, which benefits everyday use. The highly detailed project intelligence and forecast reports can be utilised across multiple departments and workflow scopes, from operational to strategic level, and often support strategic decisions. GlobalData Analytics and visualisation solutions has contributed positively when preparing management presentations and strategic papers.”
“COVID-19 has caused significant interference to our business and the COVID-19 intelligence from GlobalData has helped us reach better decisions around strategy. These two highlights have helped enormously to understand the projections into the future concerning our business units, we also utilise the project database to source new projects for Liebherr-Werk to use as an additional source to pitch for new business.”
Your daily news has saved me a lot of time and keeps me up-to-date with what is happening in the market, I like that you almost always have a link to the source origin. We also use your market data in our Strategic Business Process to support our business decisions. By having everything in one place on the Intelligence Center it has saved me a lot of time versus looking on different sources, the alert function also helps with this.
Having used several other market research companies, I find that GlobalData manages to provide that ‘difficult-to-get’ market data that others can’t, as well as very diverse and complete consumer surveys.