In banking, AI use cases range from enhancing client interactions through chatbots to providing better loan terms through data-driven risk assessments, and the automation of laborious back-end processes. Banks can realize the benefits of AI in cost savings, quality improvements, an expansion of their services, and increased personalization in these product offerings. AI can galvanize waning banks and provide them with new income sources while increasing the value they derive from current sources.
The AI in banking thematic research report highlights the impact of AI in the banking industry and discusses banking challenges, case studies, AI timelines, and value chains.
AI in Banking – Industry Analysis
The AI platform revenue in the retail banking industry was worth $1.8 billion in 2019 and is expected to achieve a CAGR of more than 21% during 2019-2024. The digital revolution in banking is driving incumbent banks to defensively adopt leading technologies to combat the nascent threat posed by disruptive fintech firms. Many of these technologies are complementary and reinforce one another. Therefore, spending across the board will increase.
The AI in the banking industry analysis also covers:
- Mergers and acquisitions
- AI Timeline
AI Platform Revenue in Retail Banking Industry, 2019-2024
To gain more information about AI platform revenue in the banking industry, download a free report sample
AI in Banking - Value Chain Analysis
GlobalData’s AI value chain consists of four segments: data inputs, big data management, AI technology, and AI use cases. It provides an overview of seven main AI technologies such as machine learning (ML), data science, conversational platforms, computer vision, AI chips, smart robots, and context-aware computing.
Machine Learning: Many companies use ML as part of predictive data models or software platforms that analyze behavioral data. Businesses have also taken ML and applied it to specific industry use cases, such as detecting bank fraud, assessing a person’s creditworthiness, preventing cyberattacks, and delivering personalized ads to consumers.
AI Value Chain Analysis
For more insights into the AI value chain, download a free report sample
Leading AI Adopters in the Banking Industry
Some of the leading banking companies that are currently deploying AI:
- Ant Group
- Bank of America
Leading AI Vendors in the Banking Industry
Some of the leading vendors associated with the AI theme:
Specialist AI Vendors in the Banking Industry
Some of the specialist AI vendors in the banking industry:
To know more about the leading AI adopters, vendors and specialist AI vendors in the banking industry, download a free report sample
Banking Sector Scorecard
At GlobalData, we use a scorecard approach to predict tomorrow’s leading companies within each sector. Our banking sector scorecard has two screens: a thematic screen and a valuation screen.
- The thematic screen ranks companies based on overall leadership in the 10 themes that matter most to their industry, generating a leading indicator of future performance.
- The valuation screen ranks our universe of companies within a sector based on selected valuation metrics.
Banking Sector Scorecard – Thematic Screen
To know more about the banking sector scorecards, download a free report sample
AI in Banking Market Overview
|Market Size (2019)||$1.8 billion|
|Value Chains||Data Inputs, Big Data Management, AI Technology, and AI Use Cases|
|Leading AI Adopters||Ant Group, Bank of America, and BBVA|
|Leading AI Vendors||Alibaba, Alphabet, and Amazon|
|Specialist AI Vendors||Fiserv, FiVerity, and Kasisto|
This report provides:
- Forecast data of the estimated evolution in banking spend on AI services globally.
- A breakdown of the AI value chain and its intersection with the banking stack, including investment recommendations for each technology in each section of the banking value chain.
- An explanation of how AI can help to solve each of the challenges faced by the banking industry including cybersecurity risks, the threat posed by digitally native fintechs, and falling profitability driven by macroeconomic conditions such as perennially low-interest rates and COVID-19.
- Analysis of the key AI technology vendors in banking, including their specialisms, their location in the AI value chain, and details of some existing partnerships.
- Summaries of the incumbent and disruptive banks adopting AI and transforming their businesses. These detail the specific AI technologies they use, the partnerships they have, as well as placing them in the context of the AI value chain.
- Key best practice case studies of AI adoption in banking, supported by executive interviews with the companies involved.
- GlobalData’s thematic sector scorecard for retail banking ranks the leadership of 37 banking companies in AI and other themes disrupting their industry. This is informed by GlobalData’s comprehensive tracking of AI-related deals, job openings, patents ownership, company news, and financial and marketing statements.
Reasons to Buy
- Identify leading artificial intelligence vendors in banking and shortlist potential partners based on their areas of expertise and historic partnerships.
- Benchmark your company against 37 other banks in terms of how prepared each business is for AI disruption. Use this as a roadmap for where to target your AI investment and to focus on areas of the market that are underserved.
- Develop marketing messages and value propositions for your AI services that will resonate with prospective clients in the banking industry, by uncovering the business challenges they face in areas such as falling profitability, cybersecurity, and COVID-19. Pick the right areas to invest in AI-based on our value chain recommendations, paired with case study insight.
- As a technology vendor, identify the areas where banks are most in need of your services and uncover the areas that are lacking specific AI vendors that might prove profitable areas for expansion.
- Support investment cases for AI in banking, both as a vendor and as a bank, by accessing our proprietary market sizing and growth forecast data, specific to AI in financial services.
Bank of America
Table of Contents
AI value chain
The impact of AI on banking
Market size and growth forecasts
Mergers and acquisitions
| Our thematic research methodology
| About GlobalData
| Contact Us
Frequently Asked Questions
The AI platform revenue in the retail banking industry was worth $1.8 billion in 2019.
AI in the retail banking industry is expected to achieve a CAGR of more than 21% during 2019-2024.
GlobalData’s AI value chain consists of four segments which are data inputs, big data management, AI technology, and AI use cases.
Some of the leading AI adopters in the banking industry are Ant Group, Bank of America, and BBVA.
Some of the leading vendors associated with the AI theme are Alibaba, Alphabet, and Amazon.
Some of the specialist AI vendors in the banking industry are Fiserv, FiVerity, and Kasisto.
Tel +44 (0) 20 7947 2960
Every customer’s requirement is unique. We understand that and can customize the report basis your exact research requirements pertaining to market insights, innovation insights, strategy and planning, and competitive intelligence. You can also avail the option of purchasing stand-alone sections of the report or request for a country specific report.
Personal and transaction information are kept safe from unauthorised use.
“The GlobalData platform is our go-to tool for intelligence services. GlobalData provides an easy way to access comprehensive intelligence data around multiple sectors, which essentially makes it a one-for-all intelligence platform, for tendering and approaching customers.
GlobalData is very customer orientated, with a high degree of personalised services, which benefits everyday use. The highly detailed project intelligence and forecast reports can be utilised across multiple departments and workflow scopes, from operational to strategic level, and often support strategic decisions. GlobalData Analytics and visualisation solutions has contributed positively when preparing management presentations and strategic papers.”
“COVID-19 has caused significant interference to our business and the COVID-19 intelligence from GlobalData has helped us reach better decisions around strategy. These two highlights have helped enormously to understand the projections into the future concerning our business units, we also utilise the project database to source new projects for Liebherr-Werk to use as an additional source to pitch for new business.”
Your daily news has saved me a lot of time and keeps me up-to-date with what is happening in the market, I like that you almost always have a link to the source origin. We also use your market data in our Strategic Business Process to support our business decisions. By having everything in one place on the Intelligence Center it has saved me a lot of time versus looking on different sources, the alert function also helps with this.
Having used several other market research companies, I find that GlobalData manages to provide that ‘difficult-to-get’ market data that others can’t, as well as very diverse and complete consumer surveys.