Artificial Intelligence (AI) – Thematic Intelligence
Accessing in-depth insights from the ‘Artificial Intelligence’ report will give you:
- An understanding of key trends impacting the growth of the theme over the next 12 to 24 months.
- A comprehensive industry analysis, including market size and growth forecasts for AI hardware, AI platforms, AI consulting and support services, and specialized AI applications.
- Detailed value chain breaks down artificial intelligence into five segments: hardware, data management, foundational AI, advanced AI capabilities, and delivery.
How is the ‘Artificial Intelligence’ report different from other reports in the market?
- From self-driving vehicles to fraud detection, AI plays a role virtually in every industry, putting pressure on incumbents to adapt and innovate or face stagnation and possible elimination. This report is an invaluable guide to this highly disruptive theme, including an analysis of the key AI technologies and an assessment of the leading providers.
We recommend this valuable source of information to anyone involved in:
- AI Hardware Manufacturers
- AI Application Development Company
- AI Services Company
- AI Chips Manufacturers
- Smart Robots Manufacturers
- Machine Learning Vendors
- Conversational Platform Vendors
- Start-ups and Seed Companies
- Investment Banks and Venture Capitalists
To get a snapshot of the artificial intelligence report, download a free report sample
AI Thematic Report Overview
For decades artificial intelligence (AI) has primarily been the territory of the university and corporate R&D labs. Recent progress in machine learning (ML) on the back of improved algorithms (e.g., Google’s AlphaGo, OpenAI’s GPT-3, Tesla’s AutoPilot) and increasing computing power have made it possible for AI to solve real-life problems. In the coming decade, the country that emerges on top in AI will lead the Fourth Industrial Revolution
The AI thematic intelligence report identifies the key trends impacting the growth of the theme over the next 12 to 24 months. It also includes a comprehensive industry analysis, including market size and growth forecasts for AI hardware, AI platforms, AI consulting and support services, and specialized AI applications.
AI – Industry Analysis
The AI industry was worth $81.3 billion in 2022. The market is expected to achieve a CAGR of more than 21% between 2022 and 2030. The specialized applications category in the AI market is currently the largest market segment, but AI platforms are the fastest-growing. That said, it is important to understand that a significant proportion of AI hardware revenues and sales of consulting and support services are driven by the sale of specialized AI applications, such as CV and conversational platforms.
The AI industry analysis also covers:
- Mergers and acquisitions
- Venture Financing
- Patent Trends
- Company filings trends
- Hiring trends
- Social media trends
AI Revenue by Product 2019-2030
For more insights into the AI revenue forecast, download a free report sample
AI - Trends
The AI trends consist of technology trends, macroeconomic trends, and regulatory trends.
Technology Trends: The main technology trends shaping the AI theme are AI accelerators, the AGI debate, quantum neural networks, and neuromorphic computing among others.
Macroeconomic Trends: The main macroeconomic trends shaping the AI theme are AI talent, the tech war between China and the US, and trade wars among big powers among others.
Regulatory Trends: The main regulatory trends shaping the AI theme are regulatory divergence to monitor the usage of AI, the resurgence in industrial protectionism, and concerns regarding AI ethics among others.
AI – Value Chain
The value chain for artificial intelligence (AI) is split into five segments: hardware, data management, foundational AI, advanced AI capabilities, and delivery.
Delivery: AI delivery models are like any IT system, although the AI specificities lead to a preference for either AI as a service (AIaaS) or hardware appliances. The key layers of delivery are hardware appliances, licensed software, and AIaaS.
AI Value Chain
To know more about the value chain in AI, download a free report sample
AI – Competitive Landscape
Some of the leading public companies making their mark within the AI theme are:
- Alphabet (parent company of Google, Waymo, and DeepMind)
Some of the leading private companies making their mark within the AI theme are:
- Brain Corp
- Cerebras Systems
To know more about the leading companies working on AI themes, download a free report sample
Application Software Sector Scorecard
At GlobalData, we use a scorecard approach to predict tomorrow’s leading companies within each sector. Our Retail and apparel sector scorecard has three screens: a thematic screen, a valuation screen, and a risk screen.
- The thematic screen ranks companies based on overall leadership in the 10 themes that matter most to their industry, generating a leading indicator of future performance.
- The valuation screen ranks our universe of companies within a sector based on selected valuation metrics.
- The risk screen ranks companies within a particular sector based on overall investment risk.
Application Software Sector Scorecard – Thematic Screen
To know more about the application software sector scorecards, download a free report sample
AI Market Report Overview
|Market Size (2022)||$81.3 billion|
|Key Trends||Technology Trends, Macroeconomic Trends, and Regulatory Trends|
|Key Public Companies||Alibaba, Alphabet (parent company of Google, Waymo, and DeepMind), Amazon, and AMD|
|Key Private Companies||Brain Corp, Cerebras Systems, Graphcore, H2O.ai, and Hive|
- Despite the hype, artificial general intelligence (AGI), or the ability of machines to do anything that a human can and possess consciousness, is still decades away. However, ‘good enough’ AI is already here, capable of interacting with humans, motion, and making decisions. For example, OpenAI’s GPT-3 and ChatGPT models can write original prose and chat with human fluency, DeepMind’s algorithms can beat the best human chess players, and Boston Dynamics’ Atlas robots can somersault. If this evolution continues, it could upend the labor-based capitalist economic model.
- Driven by ethical and political concerns, using AI for facial recognition will lead to conflict in standards and regulatory approaches. This will lead to the break-up of the global supply chain in the AI segment, as is already underway in semiconductors. Ultimately stricter ethical regulation will break the global AI market into geopolitical silos, in isolation from one another.
Beijing Academy of Artificial Intelligence (Wu Dao)
Cloud Software Group
Hahn Group (Rethink Robotics)
Hyundai (Boston Dynamics)
Khronos Group (OpenCL)
World Wide Web Consortium (Semantic Web)
Table of Contents
- 1. Executive Summary
- 2. Players
- 3. Technology Briefing
- 3.1. What is AI?
- 3.2. Branches of AI
- 3.3. The AI roadmap
- 3.4. Advanced AI capabilities
- 4. Trends
- 4.1. Technology trends
- 4.2. Macroeconomic trends
- 4.3. Regulatory trends
- 5. Industry Analysis
- 5.1. Market size and growth forecasts
- 5.2. Mergers and acquisitions
- 5.3. Venture financing
- 5.4. Patent trends
- 5.5. Company filings trends
- 5.6. Hiring trends
- 5.7. Social media trends
- 5.8. Use cases
- 5.9. Timeline
- 6. Value Chain
- 6.1. Hardware
- 6.2. Data management
- 6.3. Foundational AI
- 6.4. Advanced AI capabilities
- 6.5. Delivery
- 7. Companies
- 7.1. Public companies
- 7.2. Private companies
- 8. Sector Scorecards
- 8.1. Application software sector scorecard
- 8.2. Semiconductor sector scorecard
- 8.3. Consumer electronics sector scorecard
- 9. Glossary
- 10. Further Reading
- 11. Our Thematic Research Methodology
- 12. About GlobalData
- 13. Contact Us
Frequently Asked Questions
The AI industry was worth $81.3 billion in 2022.
AI is expected to achieve a CAGR of more than 21% between 2022 and 2030.
The AI trends consist of technology trends, macroeconomic trends, and regulatory trends.
The key public companies making their mark in the AI theme are Alibaba, Alphabet (parent company of Google, Waymo, and DeepMind), Amazon, and AMD.
The key private companies making their mark in the AI theme are Brain Corp, Cerebras Systems, Graphcore, H2O.ai, and Hive.
Get in touch to find out about our multi-purchase discounts
Tel +44 (0) 20 7947 2960
Every customer’s requirement is unique. We understand that and can customize the report basis your exact research requirements pertaining to market insights, innovation insights, strategy and planning, and competitive intelligence. You can also avail the option of purchasing stand-alone sections of the report or request for a country specific report.
Still undecided about purchasing this report?
“The GlobalData platform is our go-to tool for intelligence services. GlobalData provides an easy way to access comprehensive intelligence data around multiple sectors, which essentially makes it a one-for-all intelligence platform, for tendering and approaching customers.
GlobalData is very customer orientated, with a high degree of personalised services, which benefits everyday use. The highly detailed project intelligence and forecast reports can be utilised across multiple departments and workflow scopes, from operational to strategic level, and often support strategic decisions. GlobalData Analytics and visualisation solutions has contributed positively when preparing management presentations and strategic papers.”
“COVID-19 has caused significant interference to our business and the COVID-19 intelligence from GlobalData has helped us reach better decisions around strategy. These two highlights have helped enormously to understand the projections into the future concerning our business units, we also utilise the project database to source new projects for Liebherr-Werk to use as an additional source to pitch for new business.”
Your daily news has saved me a lot of time and keeps me up-to-date with what is happening in the market, I like that you almost always have a link to the source origin. We also use your market data in our Strategic Business Process to support our business decisions. By having everything in one place on the Intelligence Center it has saved me a lot of time versus looking on different sources, the alert function also helps with this.
Having used several other market research companies, I find that GlobalData manages to provide that ‘difficult-to-get’ market data that others can’t, as well as very diverse and complete consumer surveys.