Automotive Engine Technologies Market Trends and Analysis by Technology, Companies and Forecast to 2028
All the vital news, analysis, and commentary curated by our industry experts.
Automotive Engine Technologies Market Report Overview
The automotive engine technologies market size is estimated at 487.9 million units in 2023. Over the forecast period, the engine technologies market is anticipated to register a negative CAGR of more than 1%.
However, factors such as focus on light-footed drivers and effective driving will propel the market growth. Automakers are looking for ways to teach drivers how to drive more effectively. The engine can spend more time at optimal levels of efficiency by alerting drivers when they are driving effectively. For example, the dashboards of the 2011 Honda Odyssey and the 2011 Kia Forte both contain green LEDs that flash when the vehicle is actually being driven.
Automotive Engine Technologies Market Outlook 2023-2028 (Million Units)
Buy The Full Report for Additional Automotive Engine Technologies Market Forecast Insights or Download the Free Sample Report
The automotive engine technologies market research report offers a comprehensive analysis of the trends & drivers, technological developments, PESTER outlook, sector forecast, and competitive landscape. The report brings together multiple data sources to provide a detailed overview of the global Engine Technologies sector during the projected period.
|Market Size (2023)||487.9 million units|
|Key Segments||· Fuel Injection – Gasoline Fuel Direct
· Petrol Systems
· Petrol Powertrain
· Fuel Injection- Petrol Port
|Key Regions||· Asia-Pacific
· North America
· South America
|Key Companies||· Fiat
· Ashok Leyland
· TATA Motors
|Enquire & decide||Discover the perfect solution for your business needs. Enquire now and let us help you make an informed decision before making a purchase.|
Automotive Engine Technologies Market – Technologies and Innovations
Scania’s new inline engine platform: Scania introduced a new inline engine platform. Scania’s next-generation inline engine platform establishes a new bar for fuel economy in power solutions, with high power density, considerably longer lifespan, and significant CO2-emission reduction. Scania’s new engine platform is complete after a decade of research and engineering. This represents a 7% improvement in fuel economy over the current generation at the same power output for the 13-litre engine. At full load, this equates to four liters of diesel saved each engine hour. The platform provides the performance and dependability that Scania customers have come to expect but with further CO2-emission savings.
Allison Transmission receives certification from CARB: The California Air Resources Board (CARB) has granted Allison Transmission certification for the model year 2022 eGen Flex electric hybrid powertrain system. The diesel-electric hybrid Cummins B6.7 and L9 engines utilize tried-and-true internal-developed technology. Up to 10 miles or 50 minutes can be covered by the system in electric-only mode. Compared to a regular diesel bus, it reduces fuel consumption by up to 25%.
Buy the Full Report for More Insights on the Key Automotive Engine Technologies Market Technologies and Innovations
Automotive Engine Technologies Market Segmentation by Sectors
The key sectors in the automotive engine technologies market are fuel injection – gasoline fuel direct, petrol systems, petrol powertrain, fuel injection- petrol port, and others. In 2023, Fuel injection – gasoline fuel direct garnered the largest share.
Automotive Engine Technologies Market Analysis by Sectors, 2023 (%)
Buy The Full Report for More Insights on the Sectors in Automotive Engine Technologies Market Outlook Download the Free Sample Report
Automotive Engine Technologies Market Segmentation by Region
In 2023, Asia-Pacific emerged as the largest regional segment of the engine technologies market.
The key regions in the engine technologies market are Asia-Pacific, Europe, North America, South America, and MEA. Asia-Pacific was followed by North America. However, MEA is forecast to be the fastest-growing region for the sector over the forecast period of 2023–28.
Automotive Engine Technologies Market Analysis by Region, 2023 (%)
Buy The Full Report for the Regional Automotive Engine Technologies Market Outlook or Download the Free Sample Report
Automotive Engine Technologies Market – Competitive Landscape
In 2021, Fiat was the market leader in the diesel injection systems supply market.
The leading companies in the engine technologies market are:
- TATA Motors
- Ashok Leyland
In order to streamline operations and reduce emissions, BMW has unveiled its new production strategy, dubbed iFACTORY, which will apply digital tools including virtualization and digital twins as well as real-time data collection.
Diesel Engine Systems Market Analysis by Companies, 2021 (%)
Buy The Full Report for More Information on the Automotive Engine Technologies Market Players
Automotive Engine Technologies Market – Latest Developments
- Fiat announced the removal of all non-electrified vehicles from sale in the UK. This was in effect from 1st July 2022 with the whole Fiat range now coming in electrified forms, from hybrids to fully electric.
- Cummins unveils new technology for zero-emissions power solutions. Cummins Inc. is demonstrating its zero-emissions technology platform at the IAA Transportation exhibition in Hannover, Germany, the world’s largest mobility show. For the first time, a suite of innovative Cummins technologies and the newly acquired Meritor powertrain innovations are offered to the public.
Key Segments Covered in this Report.
Automotive Engine Technologies Sector Outlook (Volume, Million Units, 2018-2028)
- Fuel Injection – Gasoline Fuel Direct
- Petrol Systems
- Petrol Powertrain
- Fuel Injection- Petrol Port
Automotive Engine Technologies Regional Outlook (Volume, Million Units, 2018-2028)
- North America
- South America
It includes an analysis of the following –
- Trends & Drivers: Provides an overview of the current sector scenario regarding the future outlook in terms of key trends and drivers of the sector.
- Technological Developments: Provides a detailed overview of technological developments and innovations in the sector.
- PESTER Analysis: Provides a detailed understanding of various factors such as political, economic, social, technological, environmental, and regulatory impacting the sector.
- Sector Forecast: Provides deep-dive analysis of the global market covering volume growth during 2017–2026, and spot estimates for 2030 and 2036. The analysis also covers a regional overview across -Asia-Pacific, Europe, MEA, North America, and South America-highlighting sector size, and growth drivers for the region.
- Competitive Landscape: Provides an overview of leading component suppliers at a global and regional level, besides analyzing the recent product innovations and key strategic initiatives taken by the companies.
- Patent Analysis: Provides an overview of patent filings in the sector across regions, countries, and top applicants.
Reasons to Buy
- This report has been created to provide its readers with up-to-date information and analysis to uncover emerging opportunities for growth within the sector in the region.
- The report provides a detailed analysis of the regions and competitive landscape that can help companies gain insight into the region-specific nuances.
- The analysts have also placed a significant emphasis on the key trends that drive customer choice and the future opportunities that can be explored in the region, which can help companies in revenue expansion.
- To gain competitive intelligence about leading component suppliers in the sector in the region with information about their market share and growth rates.
Table of Contents
- 1. Executive Summary
- 2. Main Trends and Drivers
- 2.1 Trends
- 2.2 Drivers
- 3 Technologies and Innovations
- 4 PESTER Analysis
- 5 Sector Forecast
- 5.1 Sector Forecast – Global Engine Technologies Volumes
- 5.2 Diesel Systems and Fuel Injection – Diesel Systems – Global Volumes & Penetration
- 5.3 Gasoline Fuel Direct Systems and Petrol Port Systems – Global Volumes & Penetration
- 5.4 Hybrid Fuel Injection Systems and LPG/CNG Systems – Global Volumes & Penetration
- 5.5 LPG/CNG Fuel Injection Systems and Petrol Systems – Global Volumes & Penetration
- 5.6 Asia-Pacific Market Growth Analysis
- 5.7 European Market Growth Analysis
- 5.8 North American Market Growth Analysis
- 5.9 Mercosur Market Growth Analysis
- 6 Latest Developments
- 7 Key Companies
- 7.1 Top companies by Market Share – Diesel Injection Systems
- 7.2 Top companies by Market Share – Gasoline Fuel Injection Systems
- 7.3 Top companies by Market Share – LPG/CNG
- 8 Patent Analysis
- 9 Appendix
Frequently asked questions
What is the automotive engine technologies market size in 2023?
The automotive engine technologies market size is estimated at 487.9 million units in 2023.
What will be the CAGR in the automotive engine technologies market during 2023-2028?
The automotive engine technologies market to register a negative CAGR of more than 1% during 2023-2028.
Which is the region garnering the highest engine technologies market share?
Asia-Pacific is the region garnering the highest automotive engine technologies market share.
Who are the leading engine technologies market players?
Fiat, BMW, BAIC, TATA Motors, BYD, and Ashok Leyland among others are some of the leading Engine Technologies market players.
Tel +44 20 7947 2745
Every customer’s requirement is unique. With over 220,000 construction projects tracked, we can create a tailored dataset for you based on the types of projects you are looking for. Please get in touch with your specific requirements and we can send you a quote.
Business Intelligence & Marketing Manager, SAL Heavy Lift
“The GlobalData platform is our go-to tool for intelligence services. GlobalData provides an easy way to access comprehensive intelligence data around multiple sectors, which essentially makes it a one-for-all intelligence platform, for tendering and approaching customers.
GlobalData is very customer orientated, with a high degree of personalised services, which benefits everyday use. The highly detailed project intelligence and forecast reports can be utilised across multiple departments and workflow scopes, from operational to strategic level, and often support strategic decisions. GlobalData Analytics and visualisation solutions has contributed positively when preparing management presentations and strategic papers.”
Market Analyst & Management, Liebherr-Werk
“COVID-19 has caused significant interference to our business and the COVID-19 intelligence from GlobalData has helped us reach better decisions around strategy. These two highlights have helped enormously to understand the projections into the future concerning our business units, we also utilise the project database to source new projects for Liebherr-Werk to use as an additional source to pitch for new business.”
Head of Key Accounts, Saab AB
Your daily news has saved me a lot of time and keeps me up-to-date with what is happening in the market, I like that you almost always have a link to the source origin. We also use your market data in our Strategic Business Process to support our business decisions. By having everything in one place on the Intelligence Center it has saved me a lot of time versus looking on different sources, the alert function also helps with this.
Marketing Intelligence Manager, Portugal Foods
Having used several other market research companies, I find that GlobalData manages to provide that ‘difficult-to-get’ market data that others can’t, as well as very diverse and complete consumer surveys.
Head of Customer Insight and Research, Standard Chartered
Our experience with GlobalData has been very good, from the platform itself to the people. I find that the analysts and the account team have a high level of customer focus and responsiveness and therefore I can always rely on. The platform is more holistic than other providers. It is convenient and almost like a one stop shop. The pricing suite is highly competitive and value for our organisation.
I like reports that inform new segments such as the analysis on generation Z, millennials, the impact of COVID 19 to our banking customers and their new channel habits. Secondly the specialist insight on affluent sector significantly increases our understanding about this group of customers. The combination of those give us depth and breadth of the evolving market.
I’m in the business of answering and helping people make decisions so with the intelligence center I can do that, effectively and efficiently. I can share quickly key insights that answer and satisfy our country stakeholders by giving them many quality studies and primary research about competitive landscape beyond the outlook of our bank. It helps me be seen as an advisory partner and that makes a big difference. A big benefit of our subscription is that no one holds the whole data and because it allows so many people, so many different parts of our organisation have access, it enables all teams to have the same level of knowledge and decision support.
Head of Consumer Sensory Insights, Givaudan
“I know that I can always rely on Globaldata’s work when I’m searching for the right consumer and market insights. I use Globaldata insights to understand the changing market & consumer landscape and help create better taste & wellbeing solutions for our customers in food, beverage and healthcare industries.
Globaldata has the right data and the reports are of very high quality compared to your competitors. Globaldata not only has overall market sizes & consumer insights on food & beverages but also provides insights at the ingredient & flavour level. That is key for B2B companies like Givaudan. This way we understand our customers’ business and also gain insight to our unique industry”
Senior Account Manager, TSYS
GlobalData provides a great range of information and reports on various sectors that is highly relevant, timely, easy to access and utilise. The reports and data dashboards help engagement with clients; they provide valuable industry and market insights that can enrich client conversations and can help in the shaping of value propositions. Moreover, using GlobalData products has helped increase my knowledge of the finance sector, the players within it, and the general threats and opportunities.
I find the consumer surveys that are carried out to be extremely beneficial and not something I have seen anywhere else. They provided an insightful view of why and which consumers take (or don’t) particular financial products. This can help shape conversations with clients to ensure they make the right strategic decisions for their business.
One of the challenges I have found is that data in the payments space is often piecemeal. With GD all of the data I need is in one place, but it also comes with additional market reports that provide useful extra context and information. Having the ability to set-up alerts on relevant movements in the industry, be it competitors or customers, and have them emailed directly to me, ensures I get early sight of industry activity and don’t have to search for news.