Competitor Profile: Bank of America Wealth Management
This competitor profile provides a comprehensive analysis of Bank of America’s private banking and wealth management operations. It offers insights into the company’s strategy and financial performance, including key data on assets under management (AUM). Customer targeting and service propositions are covered, as are product innovation and marketing activities.
Bank of America operates through four business segments: Consumer Banking, Global Wealth & Investment Management (GWIM), Global Banking, and Global Markets. The Merrill (formerly Merrill Lynch Wealth Management) and Bank of America Private Bank (formerly US Trust) wealth management units sit within the GWIM division. Its corporate headquarters are in Charlotte, North Carolina.
– Bank of America restructured its business units in 2019 to align its divisions more closely. Through the Merrill, Bank of America Private Bank, and Merrill Edge brands, Bank of America serves all customer segments, from HNW and UHNW investors and wealthy families to the mass affluent and retail markets.
– Bank of America’s growing focus on digitalization and investment into technology will substantially strengthen its wealth offering worldwide. Since the onset of COVID-19-induced digitalization, Bank of America has witnessed a sharp growth in its clients’ preference for digital tools. As of December 2020, approximately 39.3 million of its clients use digital services – a 3% increase compared to 2019. Furthermore, in the GWIM division, 77% of Merrill Lynch households and Private Bank clients used online or mobile banking as of December 2020. Additionally, as of June 2021, more than 52 million of the group’s 66 million customers had registered for such services.
– Environmental, social, and governance issues remain a key focus area for the group in terms of product offering. In 2020, Bank of America helped to launch the world’s first sustainability-linked bond and led the first green convertible bond in the US with a designated green use of proceeds. The bond is the first sustainable finance tool to cross over into the equity-linked market.
Reasons to Buy
– Examine the financial performance, key ratios, and AUM growth of both Bank of America and Bank of America GWIM and benchmark this competitor against other global wealth managers.
– Understand Bank of America’s current strategic objectives and their impact on its financial performance.
– Discover Bank of America’s key products and client targeting strategies and examine whether these have been successful.
– Learn more about Bank of America’s marketing strategy, social media presence, and digital innovations.
Bank of America Private Bank
Table of Contents
Table of Contents
Customers and Products
Marketing and Advertising
Get in touch to find out about our multi-purchase discounts
Tel +44 (0) 20 7947 2960
Every customer’s requirement is unique. We understand that and can customize the report basis your exact research requirements pertaining to market insights, innovation insights, strategy and planning, and competitive intelligence. You can also avail the option of purchasing stand-alone sections of the report or request for a country specific report.
Still undecided about purchasing this report?
“The GlobalData platform is our go-to tool for intelligence services. GlobalData provides an easy way to access comprehensive intelligence data around multiple sectors, which essentially makes it a one-for-all intelligence platform, for tendering and approaching customers.
GlobalData is very customer orientated, with a high degree of personalised services, which benefits everyday use. The highly detailed project intelligence and forecast reports can be utilised across multiple departments and workflow scopes, from operational to strategic level, and often support strategic decisions. GlobalData Analytics and visualisation solutions has contributed positively when preparing management presentations and strategic papers.”
“COVID-19 has caused significant interference to our business and the COVID-19 intelligence from GlobalData has helped us reach better decisions around strategy. These two highlights have helped enormously to understand the projections into the future concerning our business units, we also utilise the project database to source new projects for Liebherr-Werk to use as an additional source to pitch for new business.”
Your daily news has saved me a lot of time and keeps me up-to-date with what is happening in the market, I like that you almost always have a link to the source origin. We also use your market data in our Strategic Business Process to support our business decisions. By having everything in one place on the Intelligence Center it has saved me a lot of time versus looking on different sources, the alert function also helps with this.
Having used several other market research companies, I find that GlobalData manages to provide that ‘difficult-to-get’ market data that others can’t, as well as very diverse and complete consumer surveys.