Banking Competitor Profile: HSBC
"Banking Competitor Profile: HSBC", benchmarks HSBC’s performance across current accounts, savings accounts, mortgages, and personal loans against the overall market.
HSBC is one of the UK’s largest retail banks, and has improved its competitiveness in the savings and personal loans markets in recent years. However, it also suffers from lower-than-average performance with respect to Net Promoter Score and customer satisfaction across a number of its key products.
The report offers insight into –
– How HSBC’s customers choose and apply for their key financial products, and how their behavior differs from customers of other banks.
– The extent to which HSBC’s customers will recommend their bank, how satisfied they are with the service they receive, and how loyal they are relative to other consumers.
– How HSBC is faring in terms of market share across the main product areas.
– HSBC had the third-largest net inflow of current account switchers of any bank in Q1 2017, although customers claim to be slightly more inclined to switch to another provider over the next 12 months.
– HSBC’s share of the savings market, as measured by total retail deposits, has steadily increased in recent years, reaching 8.5% by 2016. HSBC savers are more likely than average to rely on personal recommendations when choosing their account.
– For several years, HSBC has had a broadly consistent 6% share of the mortgage market with respect to balances outstanding. HSBC’s reliance on direct distribution means its own branch and website channels play a much greater role as information sources than they do for other banks.
Reasons to Buy
– Gain insight into how HSBC acquires new customers in comparison to other providers.
– Build your understanding of how favorably HSBC’s customers view the bank and how likely they are to switch.
– Understand how well HSBC is performing financially compared to the rest of the market.
Table of Contents
Table of Contents
Strategy and innovation
Get in touch to find out about our multi-purchase discounts
Tel +44 (0) 20 7947 2960
Every customer’s requirement is unique. We understand that and can customize the report basis your exact research requirements pertaining to market insights, innovation insights, strategy and planning, and competitive intelligence. You can also avail the option of purchasing stand-alone sections of the report or request for a country specific report.
Still undecided about purchasing this report?
“The GlobalData platform is our go-to tool for intelligence services. GlobalData provides an easy way to access comprehensive intelligence data around multiple sectors, which essentially makes it a one-for-all intelligence platform, for tendering and approaching customers.
GlobalData is very customer orientated, with a high degree of personalised services, which benefits everyday use. The highly detailed project intelligence and forecast reports can be utilised across multiple departments and workflow scopes, from operational to strategic level, and often support strategic decisions. GlobalData Analytics and visualisation solutions has contributed positively when preparing management presentations and strategic papers.”
“COVID-19 has caused significant interference to our business and the COVID-19 intelligence from GlobalData has helped us reach better decisions around strategy. These two highlights have helped enormously to understand the projections into the future concerning our business units, we also utilise the project database to source new projects for Liebherr-Werk to use as an additional source to pitch for new business.”
Your daily news has saved me a lot of time and keeps me up-to-date with what is happening in the market, I like that you almost always have a link to the source origin. We also use your market data in our Strategic Business Process to support our business decisions. By having everything in one place on the Intelligence Center it has saved me a lot of time versus looking on different sources, the alert function also helps with this.
Having used several other market research companies, I find that GlobalData manages to provide that ‘difficult-to-get’ market data that others can’t, as well as very diverse and complete consumer surveys.