Banking Competitor Profile: Santander
Santander is a leading UK provider, and has achieved notable success in recent years with its 123 Current Account, which has attracted substantial numbers of new customers. It also recently acquired a specialist provider of motor finance, which has boosted its market share in lending. Although Santander’s costs relative to income are in line with those of other banks, price competition has hit its net interest margins, and consequently its return on assets.
This report benchmarks Santander’s performance across current accounts, savings accounts, mortgages, and personal loans against the market.
The report offers insight into –
– How Santander’s customers choose and apply for their key financial products, and how their behavior differs from customers of other banks .
– The extent to which Santander’s customers will recommend their bank, how satisfied they are with service, and how loyal they are relative to other consumers.
– How Santander is faring in terms of market share across the main product areas.
– Santander has seen a substantial increase in retail deposits, fueled by high interest rates on its 123 account. Savers chose the bank due to its interest rates and having an existing relationship. Online onboarding is now as popular as in-branch application, but still lags behind the rest of the market.
– Santander’s share with respect to mortgage balances outstanding has gradually fallen over the analysis period, and balances are lower in absolute terms than at the start of the period. Santander is the only mortgage provider to have a negative NPS, but it is introducing video and chatbot servicing.
– Around one in four customers use online banking every day, more than the market average. However, mobile use is slightly below average. User satisfaction is high across all channels, and Santander has introduced NeoCRM, an advanced omnichannel customer management system.
Reasons to Buy
– Gain insight into how Santander acquires new customers in comparison to other providers.
– Build your understanding of how favorably Santander’s customers view their bank and how likely they are to switch.
– Understand how well Santander is performing financially compared to the market.
Table of Contents
Table of Contents
Get in touch to find out about our multi-purchase discounts
Tel +44 (0) 20 7947 2960
Every customer’s requirement is unique. We understand that and can customize the report basis your exact research requirements pertaining to market insights, innovation insights, strategy and planning, and competitive intelligence. You can also avail the option of purchasing stand-alone sections of the report or request for a country specific report.
Still undecided about purchasing this report?
“The GlobalData platform is our go-to tool for intelligence services. GlobalData provides an easy way to access comprehensive intelligence data around multiple sectors, which essentially makes it a one-for-all intelligence platform, for tendering and approaching customers.
GlobalData is very customer orientated, with a high degree of personalised services, which benefits everyday use. The highly detailed project intelligence and forecast reports can be utilised across multiple departments and workflow scopes, from operational to strategic level, and often support strategic decisions. GlobalData Analytics and visualisation solutions has contributed positively when preparing management presentations and strategic papers.”
“COVID-19 has caused significant interference to our business and the COVID-19 intelligence from GlobalData has helped us reach better decisions around strategy. These two highlights have helped enormously to understand the projections into the future concerning our business units, we also utilise the project database to source new projects for Liebherr-Werk to use as an additional source to pitch for new business.”
Your daily news has saved me a lot of time and keeps me up-to-date with what is happening in the market, I like that you almost always have a link to the source origin. We also use your market data in our Strategic Business Process to support our business decisions. By having everything in one place on the Intelligence Center it has saved me a lot of time versus looking on different sources, the alert function also helps with this.
Having used several other market research companies, I find that GlobalData manages to provide that ‘difficult-to-get’ market data that others can’t, as well as very diverse and complete consumer surveys.