The cardiac marker tests market size was valued at $2.40 billion in 2021. Cardiac marker testing is used to determine whether levels of specific cardiac markers such as troponin, brain natriuretic peptide (BNP), or creatine kinase – myocardial band (CK-MB) have risen or fallen in suspected and/or existing ACS and HF patients. The advantage of feeding tubes is that they can provide life-saving nutrition in a way that bypasses blockages or other impediments to digestion.
The cardiac marker tests market model report discusses the effect of COVID -19 on the cardiac marker tests market for the year 2020 and beyond. Moreover, the model discusses each segment in-depth to understand the market trends in the historic, current, and future years.
Cardiac marker tests market overview
For more insights on this report, download a free report sample
What are the market dynamics of the cardiac marker tests industry?
In the last decade, cardiac marker testing volumes have grown substantially. This growth has been driven by the increasing popularity of natriuretic peptide biomarkers in the management of HF patients, the development of ultra-sensitive troponin assays, improvements in POC testing, and an emerging trend of using cardiac marker tests to screen for HF in patient populations.
The market for cardiac marker tests will grow during the forecast period across all regions, with the strongest growth being observed in APAC and South America. Conversely, minimal growth is expected to occur in the European region due to market saturation, although some increases in BNP test sales are expected to occur. In North America, sales of laboratory-based, troponin tests are expected to be driven by the recent regulatory approval of high-sensitivity assays. Finally, global sales of CK-MB laboratory tests are expected to decrease.
What is the regional level outlook of the cardiac marker tests market?
The key regions in the cardiac marker tests market are North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, South America, and Middle East & Africa.
Cardiac marker tests market in North America
In both the US and Canada, primary participants confirm that troponin is the preferred cardiac marker for diagnosis and management of ACS patients. However, participants indicate that CK-MB tests are also frequently ordered even though this contradicts current guidelines.
Cardiac marker tests market in Europe
European Society of Cardiology (ECS) guidelines state that troponin is the preferred cardiac marker for diagnosis and management of ACS patients. Additionally, ECS recommends that high-sensitivity troponin assays be used rather than conventional assays and/or POC tests.
Cardiac marker tests market in Asia Pacific
Similarly, in Europe, high-sensitivity troponin assays are widely used in the APAC region and are generally considered to be the preferred test for the diagnosis and management of ACS patients. The APAC markets for cardiac marker tests have experienced relatively strong growth historically and are predicted to continue to grow during the forecast period.
Cardiac marker tests market in South America
In Latin America, HF is often caused by Chagas disease. Despite decreases in Chagas parasitic infections, the prevalence of HF in Latin America continues to rise possibly due to an increase in western lifestyle and associated diseases such as diabetes. Similarly, to certain countries in the APAC region, the South American market for cardiac marker tests has a much stronger potential for growth than North America or Europe.
Cardiac marker tests market in Middle East & Africa
The market for cardiac marker tests in the Middle East & Africa is limited by several socioeconomic and healthcare infrastructure issues.
Cardiac marker tests market, by regions
For more regional insights, download a free report sample
What are the key segments in the cardiac marker tests market?
The key segments in the cardiac marker tests market are brain natriuretic peptide (BNP) laboratory tests, brain natriuretic peptide (BNP) point of care (POC) tests, creatine kinase – myocardial band (CK-MB) laboratory tests, other cardiac marker point of care (POC) tests, troponin laboratory tests, and troponin point of care (POC) tests.
Cardiac marker tests market, by segments
For more segment insights, download a free report sample
Which are the key companies in the cardiac marker tests market?
Some of the key companies in the cardiac marker tests market are Abbott Laboratories, Quidel Corp, Beckman Coulter Inc, F. Hoffmann-La Roche Ltd, Siemens AG, bioMerieux SA, Ortho Clinical Diagnostics Holdings Plc, and Radiometer Medical ApS.
Cardiac marker tests market, by companies
To know more about key companies, download a free report sample
Market Report Scope
|Market size (Year – 2021)||$2.40 billion|
|Key regions||North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, South America, and Middle East & Africa|
|Key segments||Brain Natriuretic Peptide (BNP) Laboratory Tests, Brain Natriuretic Peptide (BNP) Point of Care (POC) Tests, Creatine Kinase – Myocardial Band (CK-MB) Laboratory Tests, Other Cardiac Marker Point of Care (POC) Tests, Troponin Laboratory Tests, and Troponin Point of Care (POC) Tests.|
|Key companies||Abbott Laboratories, Quidel Corp, Beckman Coulter Inc, F. Hoffmann-La Roche Ltd, Siemens AG, bioMerieux SA, Ortho Clinical Diagnostics Holdings Plc, and Radiometer Medical ApS|
This market model gives important, expert insight you won’t find in any other source. The model illustrates qualitative and quantitative trends within the specified market. This model is required reading for –
- CMO executives must have a deep understanding of the cardiac marker tests marketplace to make strategic planning and investment decisions.
- Sourcing and procurement executives must understand crucial components of the supply base to make decisions about supplier selection and management.
- Private equity investors need a deeper understanding of the market to identify and value potential investment targets.
Reasons to Buy
- Understand the impact of COVID-19 on the cardiac marker tests market.
- Develop and design your in-licensing and out-licensing strategies through a review of pipeline products and technologies, and by identifying the companies with the most robust pipeline.
- Develop business strategies by understanding the trends shaping and driving the cardiac marker tests market.
- Drive revenues by understanding the key trends, innovative products and technologies, market segments, and companies likely to impact the cardiac marker tests market in the future.
- Formulate effective sales and marketing strategies by understanding the competitive landscape and by analyzing the company’s share of market leaders.
- Identify emerging players with potentially strong product portfolios and create effective counterstrategies to gain a competitive advantage.
- Track device sales in the global and country-specific cardiac marker tests market from 2015-to 2030.
- Organize your sales and marketing efforts by identifying the market categories and segments that present maximum opportunities for consolidations, investments, and strategic partnerships.
Beckman Coulter Inc
F. Hoffmann-La Roche Ltd
Ortho Clinical Diagnostics Holdings Plc
Radiometer Medical ApS