Consumer and Market Insights: Confectionery in Canada
All the vital news, analysis, and commentary curated by our industry experts.
Canada’s Confectionery market is forecast to register growth in value as well as volume terms during 2015-2020. The Chocolate category has the largest volume share in 2015 as well as projected to witness fastest growth during 2015-2020. Health conscious Canadian consumers are seeking out confectionery products with “natural” attributes and “free from additives” claims. Of all the products focused on the Health and Wellness attribute, majority of Chocolate sales in Canada is driven by Food Minus attributes such as reduced-fat and reduced sugar. Additionally, greater purchasing power and a willingness to spend on exclusive products will drive the growth of “Bean to Bar” and craft chocolates in the coming years.
• Of the three categories analyzed, Chocolate will be the fastest growing value category, registering a CAGR of 3.1% during 2015-2020
• Hypermarkets & Supermarkets is the leading distribution channel of the overall Confectionery distribution in Canada
• The use of Flexible Packaging is forecast to register the fastest growth among packaging material during 2015-2020
• Nestle and Lindt have a strong focus on health and wellness attributes in the Chocolate category
• Wal-Mart is offering Confectionery products at lower prices than Loblaw's.
Reasons to Buy
Identify high potential categories and explore further market opportunities based on detailed value and volume analysis
Existing and new players can analyze key distribution channels to identify and evaluate trends and opportunities
Gain an understanding of the total competitive landscape based on detailed brand share analysis to plan effective market positioning
Access the key and most influential consumer trends driving Confectionery products consumption, and how they influence consumer behavior in the market which will help determine the best audiences to target
Access to analysis on products launched in the market
Our team of analysts have placed a significant emphasis on changes expected in the market that will provide a clear picture of the opportunities that can be tapped over the next five years, resulting in revenue expansion
Kraft Foods Group Inc.
Lindt & Sprüngli Ag
Lotte Co. Ltd.
Mondelez International Inc
The Hershey Company
Yildiz Holding A.S
GFA Brands Inc.
Skor Food Service Ltd
Alfred Ritter Gmbh & co. kg.
August Storck Kg
The Allan Candy Company Limited
Marukawa Confectionery Co. Ltd.
Tootsie Roll Industries Inc
Dare Foods Limited
Darrell Lea Chocolate Shop Pty Ltd
Kerr Bros. Limited
Lofthouse Of Fleetwood Ltd.
Perfetti Van Melle SpA
Pez International Gmbh
Procter & Gamble Co.
Purity Life Health Products LP
Regal Confections Inc.
The Topps Company Inc.
Torie & Howard LLC
Table of Contents
• Report Scope
• Macroeconomic indicators –GDP Per Capita, Population, Consumer Price Index and Age Profile
• Retail and foodservice figures –Key Takeaways
• Value and volume analysis for Argentina's Confectionery market
• Impact of exchange rate fluctuations on Confectionery market
• Historic and forecast value analysis by category
• Winners and losers by categories with change in market share
• Segment share in a category (value terms) and change in market share
Retail Landscape and Key Distribution Channels
• Leading retailers in Argentina's Food market
• Leading distribution channels (value terms) in Argentina's Confectionery market
• Leading distribution channels ((value terms) by category
• Market share of leading brands (in value and volume terms) by category and segment
Health and Wellness analysis
• Key Health & Wellness product attributes driving sales
• Key Health & Wellness consumer benefits driving sales
• Key Health & Wellness companies and market share
• Confectionery market by type of packaging material/container (in volume terms)
• Confectionery market by type of packaging closure (in volume terms)
• Confectionery market by type of packaging, forecast(in volume terms)
Consumer trend analysis
• Canadean’s consumer trend framework and explanation of the sub-trends
• For key trends in Argentina's Confectionery market:
• How the trend is influencing consumption in Argentina's Confectionery market
• How to target the trend in Argentina's Confectionery market
• How the trend will evolve in Argentina's Confectionery market
• Key target demographic and the rate and which the trend will evolve
• What are the key drivers that will influence growth of confectionery market in the future
• New products launched in Argentina's Confectionery market
• Country context
• Category value and volume data
• Sector Overview
• Segment data
• Health & Wellness data
• Packaging data
• Category definitions
• Segment definitions
• Health & Wellness definitions
• Channel definitions
• Explanation of sub-trends
• About Canadean
Frequently asked questions
Undecided about purchasing this report?Enquire Before Buying
Tel +44 20 7947 2745
Every customer’s requirement is unique. With over 220,000 construction projects tracked, we can create a tailored dataset for you based on the types of projects you are looking for. Please get in touch with your specific requirements and we can send you a quote.
Business Intelligence & Marketing Manager, SAL Heavy Lift
“The GlobalData platform is our go-to tool for intelligence services. GlobalData provides an easy way to access comprehensive intelligence data around multiple sectors, which essentially makes it a one-for-all intelligence platform, for tendering and approaching customers.
GlobalData is very customer orientated, with a high degree of personalised services, which benefits everyday use. The highly detailed project intelligence and forecast reports can be utilised across multiple departments and workflow scopes, from operational to strategic level, and often support strategic decisions. GlobalData Analytics and visualisation solutions has contributed positively when preparing management presentations and strategic papers.”
Market Analyst & Management, Liebherr-Werk
“COVID-19 has caused significant interference to our business and the COVID-19 intelligence from GlobalData has helped us reach better decisions around strategy. These two highlights have helped enormously to understand the projections into the future concerning our business units, we also utilise the project database to source new projects for Liebherr-Werk to use as an additional source to pitch for new business.”
Head of Key Accounts, Saab AB
Your daily news has saved me a lot of time and keeps me up-to-date with what is happening in the market, I like that you almost always have a link to the source origin. We also use your market data in our Strategic Business Process to support our business decisions. By having everything in one place on the Intelligence Center it has saved me a lot of time versus looking on different sources, the alert function also helps with this.
Marketing Intelligence Manager, Portugal Foods
Having used several other market research companies, I find that GlobalData manages to provide that ‘difficult-to-get’ market data that others can’t, as well as very diverse and complete consumer surveys.
Head of Customer Insight and Research, Standard Chartered
Our experience with GlobalData has been very good, from the platform itself to the people. I find that the analysts and the account team have a high level of customer focus and responsiveness and therefore I can always rely on. The platform is more holistic than other providers. It is convenient and almost like a one stop shop. The pricing suite is highly competitive and value for our organisation.
I like reports that inform new segments such as the analysis on generation Z, millennials, the impact of COVID 19 to our banking customers and their new channel habits. Secondly the specialist insight on affluent sector significantly increases our understanding about this group of customers. The combination of those give us depth and breadth of the evolving market.
I’m in the business of answering and helping people make decisions so with the intelligence center I can do that, effectively and efficiently. I can share quickly key insights that answer and satisfy our country stakeholders by giving them many quality studies and primary research about competitive landscape beyond the outlook of our bank. It helps me be seen as an advisory partner and that makes a big difference. A big benefit of our subscription is that no one holds the whole data and because it allows so many people, so many different parts of our organisation have access, it enables all teams to have the same level of knowledge and decision support.
Head of Consumer Sensory Insights, Givaudan
“I know that I can always rely on Globaldata’s work when I’m searching for the right consumer and market insights. I use Globaldata insights to understand the changing market & consumer landscape and help create better taste & wellbeing solutions for our customers in food, beverage and healthcare industries.
Globaldata has the right data and the reports are of very high quality compared to your competitors. Globaldata not only has overall market sizes & consumer insights on food & beverages but also provides insights at the ingredient & flavour level. That is key for B2B companies like Givaudan. This way we understand our customers’ business and also gain insight to our unique industry”
Senior Account Manager, TSYS
GlobalData provides a great range of information and reports on various sectors that is highly relevant, timely, easy to access and utilise. The reports and data dashboards help engagement with clients; they provide valuable industry and market insights that can enrich client conversations and can help in the shaping of value propositions. Moreover, using GlobalData products has helped increase my knowledge of the finance sector, the players within it, and the general threats and opportunities.
I find the consumer surveys that are carried out to be extremely beneficial and not something I have seen anywhere else. They provided an insightful view of why and which consumers take (or don’t) particular financial products. This can help shape conversations with clients to ensure they make the right strategic decisions for their business.
One of the challenges I have found is that data in the payments space is often piecemeal. With GD all of the data I need is in one place, but it also comes with additional market reports that provide useful extra context and information. Having the ability to set-up alerts on relevant movements in the industry, be it competitors or customers, and have them emailed directly to me, ensures I get early sight of industry activity and don’t have to search for news.