Consumer and Market Insights: Personal Hygiene Market in Brazil
All the vital news, analysis, and commentary curated by our industry experts.
Of the three categories analyzed, Anti-Perspirants & Deodorants will be the largest as well as fastest growing value category, registering a CAGR of 17.4% during 2015-2020 Soaps witnessed higher consumption amongst Kids Hypermarkets & Supermarkets is the leading distribution channel accounting for more than half of distribution share in the Personal Hygiene market The Personal Hygiene market in Brazil is competitive and is led by market players such as Unilever PLC and Colgate-Palmolive GmbH
Canadean’s Consumer and Market Insights report on the Personal Hygiene market in Brazil provides insights on high growth categories to target, trends in the usage of packaging materials, types and closures category level distribution data and brands market shares.
What else is contained
• Market data: Overall market value and volume data with growth analysis for 2015-2020
• Category coverage: Value and growth analysis for Anti-Perspirants & Deodorants, Bath & Shower Products, and Soap, with inputs on individual segment share within each category and the change in their market share forecast for 2015-2020
• Leading players: Market share of brands and private labels, including private label growth analysis from 2012-2015
• Distribution data: Percentage of sales within each category through channels such as Hypermarkets & Supermarkets, Convenience Stores, Health & Beauty Stores and others in 2015
• Packaging data: consumption breakdown for packaging materials and containers in each category, in terms of percentage share of number of units sold. Packaging material data for flexible packaging, rigid plastics, rigid metal and others; container data for: Bottles, Box, Aerosol and others
Reasons to Buy
Identify high potential categories and explore further market opportunities based on detailed value and volume analysis
Existing and new players can analyze key distribution channels to identify and evaluate trends and opportunities
Gain an understanding of the total competitive landscape based on detailed brand share analysis to plan effective market positioning
Our team of analysts have placed a significant emphasis on changes expected in the market that will provide a clear picture of the opportunities that can be tapped over the next five years, resulting in revenue expansion
O Boticário Ltd.
Helen of Troy Limited
The Procter & Gamble Company
Dirk Rossmann GmbH
Avon Products Inc.
Reckitt Benckiser plc
L'Occitane - En Provence
Grupo Silvio Santos
Casa Granado Laboratorios
Cria Sim Products de Higiene Ltd
Companhia Brasileira de Distribuição (Grupo Pão de Açúcar)
Wal-Mart Brasil Ltda
Carrefour Comércio e Indústria Ltda
Natura Cosmeticos S.A and Botica Commercial Farmaceutica
Table of Contents
• Report Scope
• Macroeconomic indicators – Population and age structure, GDP and Consumer Price Index
Market Overview and Consumer Demographics
• Value and volume analysis for the Brazilian Personal Hygiene market
• Historic and forecast consumption in the Brazilian Personal Hygiene market
• Category volume consumption analysis by gender, age, education and urbanization
• Degree of trade up/down in the Brazilian Personal Hygiene market
• Volume analysis by category
• Historic and forecast value analysis by category
• Winners and losers by categories with change in market share
• Average category level pricing
• Segment share in a category (value terms) and change in market share
Retail Landscape and Key Distribution Channels
• Leading retailers in the Brazilian Cosmetics & Toiletries market
• Leading distribution channels (value terms) in the Brazilian Personal Hygiene market
• Leading distribution channels ((value terms) by category
• Personal Hygiene market by type of packaging material/container (in volume terms)
• Personal Hygiene market by type of packaging closure/outer (in volume terms)
• Personal Hygiene market by type of packaging, forecast (in volume terms)
Brand and Private Label Share
• Penetration of private label by categories in the Brazilian Personal Hygiene market
• Private label growth (in value terms) compared to national brands
• Market share of leading brands (in value terms) by category
• New products launched in the Brazilian Personal Hygiene market
• Country context
• Category value and volume data
• Consumer Demographics data
• Sector Overview
• Segment data
• Packaging data
• Category definitions
• Segment definitions
• Channel definitions
• About Canadean
Frequently asked questions
Undecided about purchasing this report?Enquire Before Buying
Tel +44 20 7947 2745
Every customer’s requirement is unique. With over 220,000 construction projects tracked, we can create a tailored dataset for you based on the types of projects you are looking for. Please get in touch with your specific requirements and we can send you a quote.
Business Intelligence & Marketing Manager, SAL Heavy Lift
“The GlobalData platform is our go-to tool for intelligence services. GlobalData provides an easy way to access comprehensive intelligence data around multiple sectors, which essentially makes it a one-for-all intelligence platform, for tendering and approaching customers.
GlobalData is very customer orientated, with a high degree of personalised services, which benefits everyday use. The highly detailed project intelligence and forecast reports can be utilised across multiple departments and workflow scopes, from operational to strategic level, and often support strategic decisions. GlobalData Analytics and visualisation solutions has contributed positively when preparing management presentations and strategic papers.”
Market Analyst & Management, Liebherr-Werk
“COVID-19 has caused significant interference to our business and the COVID-19 intelligence from GlobalData has helped us reach better decisions around strategy. These two highlights have helped enormously to understand the projections into the future concerning our business units, we also utilise the project database to source new projects for Liebherr-Werk to use as an additional source to pitch for new business.”
Head of Key Accounts, Saab AB
Your daily news has saved me a lot of time and keeps me up-to-date with what is happening in the market, I like that you almost always have a link to the source origin. We also use your market data in our Strategic Business Process to support our business decisions. By having everything in one place on the Intelligence Center it has saved me a lot of time versus looking on different sources, the alert function also helps with this.
Marketing Intelligence Manager, Portugal Foods
Having used several other market research companies, I find that GlobalData manages to provide that ‘difficult-to-get’ market data that others can’t, as well as very diverse and complete consumer surveys.
Head of Customer Insight and Research, Standard Chartered
Our experience with GlobalData has been very good, from the platform itself to the people. I find that the analysts and the account team have a high level of customer focus and responsiveness and therefore I can always rely on. The platform is more holistic than other providers. It is convenient and almost like a one stop shop. The pricing suite is highly competitive and value for our organisation.
I like reports that inform new segments such as the analysis on generation Z, millennials, the impact of COVID 19 to our banking customers and their new channel habits. Secondly the specialist insight on affluent sector significantly increases our understanding about this group of customers. The combination of those give us depth and breadth of the evolving market.
I’m in the business of answering and helping people make decisions so with the intelligence center I can do that, effectively and efficiently. I can share quickly key insights that answer and satisfy our country stakeholders by giving them many quality studies and primary research about competitive landscape beyond the outlook of our bank. It helps me be seen as an advisory partner and that makes a big difference. A big benefit of our subscription is that no one holds the whole data and because it allows so many people, so many different parts of our organisation have access, it enables all teams to have the same level of knowledge and decision support.
Head of Consumer Sensory Insights, Givaudan
“I know that I can always rely on Globaldata’s work when I’m searching for the right consumer and market insights. I use Globaldata insights to understand the changing market & consumer landscape and help create better taste & wellbeing solutions for our customers in food, beverage and healthcare industries.
Globaldata has the right data and the reports are of very high quality compared to your competitors. Globaldata not only has overall market sizes & consumer insights on food & beverages but also provides insights at the ingredient & flavour level. That is key for B2B companies like Givaudan. This way we understand our customers’ business and also gain insight to our unique industry”
Senior Account Manager, TSYS
GlobalData provides a great range of information and reports on various sectors that is highly relevant, timely, easy to access and utilise. The reports and data dashboards help engagement with clients; they provide valuable industry and market insights that can enrich client conversations and can help in the shaping of value propositions. Moreover, using GlobalData products has helped increase my knowledge of the finance sector, the players within it, and the general threats and opportunities.
I find the consumer surveys that are carried out to be extremely beneficial and not something I have seen anywhere else. They provided an insightful view of why and which consumers take (or don’t) particular financial products. This can help shape conversations with clients to ensure they make the right strategic decisions for their business.
One of the challenges I have found is that data in the payments space is often piecemeal. With GD all of the data I need is in one place, but it also comes with additional market reports that provide useful extra context and information. Having the ability to set-up alerts on relevant movements in the industry, be it competitors or customers, and have them emailed directly to me, ensures I get early sight of industry activity and don’t have to search for news.