Likelihood of Approval and Phase Transition Success Rate Model – COVID/Influenza Combination Vaccine
Unlock hidden opportunities in the LoA industry
How likely is it that a drug will get approved? Will the drug transition to the next phase of its clinical pathway? This report provides you with the data to allow you to track and predict specific likelihood of approval (LOA) and phase transition success rate (PTSR) of a drug using a combination of machine learning and proprietary models.
Likelihood of Approval (LoA) – Industry
COVID/Influenza Combination Vaccine Drug Details
ICC vaccine is under development for the prevention of seasonal influenza virus infections and coronavirus disease (COVID-19) caused by the severe acute respiratory syndrome virus 2 (SARS-CoV-2). It is a quadrivalent hemagglutinin nanoparticle influenza and SARS-CoV-2 rs nanoparticle combination vaccine, administered through intramuscular route along with a saponin-based Matrix-M1 adjuvant.
The data is segmented by drug name and intervention type and shows the current likelihood of approval for the drug compared to both the indication benchmark and the industry benchmark so you can:
- Get information on LOA and PTSR for competitors’ drugs to plan your clinical development, commercialization and marketing strategies
- Track event-driven changes in LOA and PTSR benchmarked against indication LOA/PTSR
- Use PTSR and LOA information and event-driven changes for your investment decisions to generate alpha
Additionally, this data is updated regularly based on events that take place which impact the clinical development process. GlobalData uses its proprietary machine learning models to track event-driven changes in LOA and PTSR and provides the quantitative changes to the likelihood of success along with the qualitative reasoning why the likelihood of approval has changed.
|Quick View – LOA Data|
|Drug Development Status||
Reasons to Buy
- Allows clients to track and predict specific likelihood of approval and phase transition success rates of a drug using a combination of machine learning and proprietary models
- Obtain information on LOA and PTSR for competitors’ drugs to plan your clinical development, commercialization and marketing strategies
- Track event-driven changes in LOA and PTSR benchmarked against indication and industry values
- Use PTSR and LOA information and event driven changes for your investment decisions to generate alpha
This is an on-demand report that will be delivered upon request. The report will be delivered within 2 business days of the purchase, excluding weekends and holidays. Certain sections of the report may be removed or altered based on data availability and relevance.
Frequently asked questions
- Drugs which have been approved in the past 10 years
- Drugs which have failed during clinical development in the past 18 years
- Drugs which are currently in development
- Phase I, Phase II, Phase III, and Pre-Registration development stage
- Drugs must meet one of the following criteria to be included in the model:
- The developer has specified the US as an intended market for approval.
- The developer has not specified any country as an intended market for approval, i.e. the “Drug Geography” is listed as “Global”
- Innovator drugs and biosimilars
- Diagnostics, Imaging Agents, Biomarkers, stents and other drug delivery devices (covered in GlobalData’s Medical Intelligence Center).
- Nutraceuticals, dietary supplements, alternative medicines, imaging agents, radio emitter, transplants, transfusions, fillers, cosmetics, probiotics, antiseptics, antacids, mobilizing agents, veterinary drugs and drugs not seeking approval.
- Generic drugs
- Innovative drugs in Preclinical or Discovery Stage.
- Pipeline drugs sponsored by a Government or Institution.
- Drugs with a specific Drug Geography not the United States.
The probability of a drug ultimately receiving market authorization
The probability of a drug’s advancement to the next stage of clinical development
GlobalData’s Drug-Specific Likelihood of Approval (LoA) calculates the Phase Transition Success Rate (PTSR) and Likelihood of Approval (LoA) customized to individual drug. The model uses a combination of Machine Learning (ML) and a GlobalData proprietary algorithm to process data points from the Drugs, Clinical Trials, Regulatory Milestones, Company, and Financial databases.
Drug Phase Scope:
Drug Geography Scope:
Drug Type Scope:
Entity Type Scope:
Only drugs in development by companies are included in the model.
Methodology – Machine Learning
- GlobalData’s Drug-Specific Likelihood of Approval (LoA) models utilizes many attributes from Drugs, Clinical Trials, Review Designations and Company. The proprietary, machine learning algorithm is developed based on the impact of a specific attribute on PTSR and LoA.
|Drug attributes||Trial attributes||Company attributes||Regulatory attributes|
- The attributes with substantial impact on PTSR and LoA have the maximum weightage in the model, while the less impactful attributes have intermediate or low weightage.
- PTSR and LoA scores are dynamic and are modified automatically with dynamic updates in drug, trials and company records. Time dependent variation is largely witnessed in the Clinical Trial attributes and influences the scores in positive or negative direction depending on its implication. This offers the user to examine the real time trajectory of clinical phase transition probability for a drug.
Methodology – Proprietary Model
- GlobalData’s ML algorithm utilizes historical data to determine the probability of successful progression and market authorization for pipeline drugs from their current development stage. The historical data set is prepared to train the ML classifier. Once the algorithm is trained and recognizes a specific pattern, it is applied to the test data. The key learning are further tuned for hyperparameters to derive the optimum model.
ML Model Development
- The ML model is further supplemented with an additional algorithm proprietary to GlobalData to predict PTSR and LoA. Each of the data attributes are assigned a weighted average score based on its direct impact on a drug’s clinical transition. The weighted average score represents a scale between a minimum to a maximum value based on the Raw Scores. The final score of an attribute is achieved by multiplying the Raw Score with the Weighted Score for each data attribute. All scores are added to determine the PTSR value.
- LoA is calculated by compounding the PTSR at each stage the drug is yet to progress through. For example, to calculate the LoA for a drug in Phase I, the following formula is used: PTSR % Phase Ix PTSR % Phase II x PTSR % Phase III x PTSR % Pre-Registration.
Undecided about purchasing this report?Enquire Before Buying
Tel +44 20 7947 2745
Every customer’s requirement is unique. With over 220,000 construction projects tracked, we can create a tailored dataset for you based on the types of projects you are looking for. Please get in touch with your specific requirements and we can send you a quote.
Business Intelligence & Marketing Manager, SAL Heavy Lift
“The GlobalData platform is our go-to tool for intelligence services. GlobalData provides an easy way to access comprehensive intelligence data around multiple sectors, which essentially makes it a one-for-all intelligence platform, for tendering and approaching customers.
GlobalData is very customer orientated, with a high degree of personalised services, which benefits everyday use. The highly detailed project intelligence and forecast reports can be utilised across multiple departments and workflow scopes, from operational to strategic level, and often support strategic decisions. GlobalData Analytics and visualisation solutions has contributed positively when preparing management presentations and strategic papers.”
Market Analyst & Management, Liebherr-Werk
“COVID-19 has caused significant interference to our business and the COVID-19 intelligence from GlobalData has helped us reach better decisions around strategy. These two highlights have helped enormously to understand the projections into the future concerning our business units, we also utilise the project database to source new projects for Liebherr-Werk to use as an additional source to pitch for new business.”
Head of Key Accounts, Saab AB
Your daily news has saved me a lot of time and keeps me up-to-date with what is happening in the market, I like that you almost always have a link to the source origin. We also use your market data in our Strategic Business Process to support our business decisions. By having everything in one place on the Intelligence Center it has saved me a lot of time versus looking on different sources, the alert function also helps with this.
Marketing Intelligence Manager, Portugal Foods
Having used several other market research companies, I find that GlobalData manages to provide that ‘difficult-to-get’ market data that others can’t, as well as very diverse and complete consumer surveys.
Head of Customer Insight and Research, Standard Chartered
Our experience with GlobalData has been very good, from the platform itself to the people. I find that the analysts and the account team have a high level of customer focus and responsiveness and therefore I can always rely on. The platform is more holistic than other providers. It is convenient and almost like a one stop shop. The pricing suite is highly competitive and value for our organisation.
I like reports that inform new segments such as the analysis on generation Z, millennials, the impact of COVID 19 to our banking customers and their new channel habits. Secondly the specialist insight on affluent sector significantly increases our understanding about this group of customers. The combination of those give us depth and breadth of the evolving market.
I’m in the business of answering and helping people make decisions so with the intelligence center I can do that, effectively and efficiently. I can share quickly key insights that answer and satisfy our country stakeholders by giving them many quality studies and primary research about competitive landscape beyond the outlook of our bank. It helps me be seen as an advisory partner and that makes a big difference. A big benefit of our subscription is that no one holds the whole data and because it allows so many people, so many different parts of our organisation have access, it enables all teams to have the same level of knowledge and decision support.
Head of Consumer Sensory Insights, Givaudan
“I know that I can always rely on Globaldata’s work when I’m searching for the right consumer and market insights. I use Globaldata insights to understand the changing market & consumer landscape and help create better taste & wellbeing solutions for our customers in food, beverage and healthcare industries.
Globaldata has the right data and the reports are of very high quality compared to your competitors. Globaldata not only has overall market sizes & consumer insights on food & beverages but also provides insights at the ingredient & flavour level. That is key for B2B companies like Givaudan. This way we understand our customers’ business and also gain insight to our unique industry”
Senior Account Manager, TSYS
GlobalData provides a great range of information and reports on various sectors that is highly relevant, timely, easy to access and utilise. The reports and data dashboards help engagement with clients; they provide valuable industry and market insights that can enrich client conversations and can help in the shaping of value propositions. Moreover, using GlobalData products has helped increase my knowledge of the finance sector, the players within it, and the general threats and opportunities.
I find the consumer surveys that are carried out to be extremely beneficial and not something I have seen anywhere else. They provided an insightful view of why and which consumers take (or don’t) particular financial products. This can help shape conversations with clients to ensure they make the right strategic decisions for their business.
One of the challenges I have found is that data in the payments space is often piecemeal. With GD all of the data I need is in one place, but it also comes with additional market reports that provide useful extra context and information. Having the ability to set-up alerts on relevant movements in the industry, be it competitors or customers, and have them emailed directly to me, ensures I get early sight of industry activity and don’t have to search for news.