Success Case Study: Lenor Honkaku Shoshu – High-impact Relaunch Of Functional Fabric Conditioner
- Pages: 20
- Published: April 2017
- Report Code: CS1715SF
"Success Case Study: Lenor Honkaku Shoshu – High-impact relaunch of functional fabric conditioner" is part of GlobalData's Successes and Failures research. It examines the details of and reasons behind Procter & Gamble's new functional fabric conditioner, which has been highly successful in Japan. It delivers the critical "what?", "why?", and "so what?" analysis to teach you crucial lessons that increase your chances of launching successful products.
Japan's fabric conditioner market is growing, with increasing competition. Combining functionality featuring hygiene benefits and experimenting with perfume-like scents in fabric conditioners are tactics used by many brands to differentiate themselves from the competition. The value of the market has been growing steadily in the past few years, being worth JPY64.4bn ($590m) in 2016.
– Lenor Honkaku Shoshu is a fabric conditioner specializing in odor neutralization. It features a technology claimed to use a chemical reaction that neutralizes odor when clothes are slightly rubbed or tapped.
– Japanese consumers are notably influenced by product performance claims, and Lenor Honkaku Shoshu's functionality claims are appealing to them.
– Lenor's brand communication is clear to consumers, which helps consumers to identify what to buy.
– Japan's laundry market shows that laundry products can be developed to be more like personal care products to cater to consumers' various needs.
Reasons to buy
– Reduce the risk of failure by learning from brands/products that have under-performed: failed innovation can severely impact profit and reputation.
– Understand the relevant consumer trends and attitudes that drive and support innovation success so you can tap into what is really impacting the industry.
– Gain a broader appreciation of the fast-moving consumer goods industry by gaining insights from both within and outside of your sector.
– Access valuable strategic take-outs to help direct future decision-making and inform new product development.
Procter & Gamble
Table of Contents
Table of Contents
About Successes & Failures Case Studies
Summary: Lenor Honkaku Shoshu