Egypt Defense Market Size and Trends, Budget Allocation, Regulations, Key Acquisitions, Competitive Landscape and Forecast, 2023-2028
Egypt Defense Market Report Overview
The Egypt defense market budget is worth $9 billion in 2023 and is expected to achieve a CAGR of more than 3% during 2024-2028. The Egypt defense market research report provides the market size forecast and the projected growth rate for the next five years. The report covers industry analysis including the key market drivers, emerging technology trends, and major challenges faced by market participants. It also offers insights regarding key factors and government programs that are expected to influence the demand for military platforms over the forecast period.
Egypt Defense Market Outlook
To gain more information about the Egypt defense market forecast, download a free report sample
Egypt Defense Market Drivers
Egypt has planned and signed numerous military procurement contracts during the last few years because of the escalation of threats in the region. Apart from the procurement of modern defense equipment, Egypt’s Ministry of Defense and Military Production has allocated $450.0 million (EGP7.3 billion) to develop facilities for the manufacture of weapons and ammunition.
Egypt Military Doctrines and Defense Strategies
During Egypt’s modern history, Israel has been the country’s most important adversary. Egypt has been engaged in four wars against Israel before and finally signed a US-sponsored peace treaty with Tel Aviv, which was considered the first step towards the transformation of Egypt’s military doctrine.
During the last decade, rising regional unrest, coupled with the ongoing conflict with neighboring countries, has compelled Egypt to make radical changes to its naval and air defense capabilities and strategies. In spite of numerous training programs and exercises over the years, conducted both in Egypt and the US, Egyptian doctrine and organization have, until recently, remained largely focused on large-scale conventional operations.
Egypt Defense Market Segmentation by Sectors
The key sectors in the Egypt defense market are military fixed-wing, missiles and missile defense systems, military land vehicles, military rotorcraft, artillery, military radar, military ammunitions, EOIR systems, military UAV, and military simulation and training, among others. Between 2023 and 2028, the military fixed wing is expected to be the leading sector in the Egypt defense market, followed by missiles and missile defense systems.
Egypt Defense Market Analysis by Sectors
For more sector insights into the Egypt defense market, download a free report sample
Egypt Defense Market - Competitive Landscape
Some of the leading defense companies in Egypt are Uralvagonzavod, ThyssenKrupp Marine Systems (TKMS), United Aircraft Corp, Fincantieri S.p.A, Dassault Aviation SA, Leonardo Helicopters, Alexandria Shipyard, The Boeing Co, Kamov, and Diehl Defence GmbH & Co. KG.
Egypt Defense Market Report Overview
|Market Size (2023)||$9 billion|
|Key Sectors||Military Fixed-Wing, Missiles and Missile Defense Systems, Military Land Vehicles, Military Rotorcraft, Artillery, Military Radar, Military Ammunitions, EOIR Systems, Military UAV, and Military Simulation and Training|
|Leading Companies||Uralvagonzavod, ThyssenKrupp Marine Systems (TKMS), United Aircraft Corp, Fincantieri S.p.A, Dassault Aviation SA, Leonardo Helicopters, Alexandria Shipyard, The Boeing Co, Kamov, and Diehl Defence GmbH & Co. KG|
The report provides an in-depth analysis of the following –
- Egypt defense budget: detailed analysis of the Egypt 2023 defense budget broken down into market size and market share. This is coupled with an examination of key current and future acquisitions.
- Regulation: the procurement policy and the process is explained. This is coupled with an analysis of the Egypt military doctrine and strategy to provide a comprehensive overview of Egypt military procurement regulation.
- Security Environment: political alliances and perceived security threats to Egypt are examined; there help to explain trends in spending and modernization.
- Import and Export Dynamics: analysis of prevalent trends in the country’s imports and exports over the last five years
- Competitive landscape and strategic insights: analysis of the competitive landscape of Egypt’s defense industry.
Reasons to Buy
- Determine prospective investment areas based on a detailed trend analysis of the Egypt defense market over the next five years.
- Gain an in-depth understanding of the underlying factors driving demand for different defense and internal security segments in the Egypt market and identify the opportunities offered.
- Strengthen your understanding of the market in terms of demand drivers, market trends, and the latest technological developments, among others.
- Identify the major threats that are driving the Egypt defense market providing a clear picture of future opportunities that can be tapped, resulting in revenue expansion.
- Channel resources by focusing on the ongoing programs that are being undertaken by the Egypt government.
- Make correct business decisions based on an in-depth analysis of the competitive landscape consisting of detailed profiles of the top defense equipment providers in the country. The company profiles also include information about the key products, alliances, recent contracts awarded, and financial analysis, wherever available.
ThyssenKrupp Marine Systems
Table of Contents
Table of Contents
- Executive Summary
- Defense Budget Assessment
- Budgeting Process
- Defense Market Size Historic And Forecast
- Drivers Of Defense Expenditure
- Analysis of Defense Expenditure Allocation
- Analysis Of Defense Budget Allocation
- Military Doctrine And Security Environment
- Military Doctrine And Strategy
- Strategic Alliances and Geopolitics
- Political, Social and Economic Scenario
- Market Entry Strategy And Regulations
- Procurement Policy and Market Regulations
- Market Entry Routes
- Key Challenges
- Major Deals and M&A
- Market Attractiveness And Emerging Opportunities
- Market Attractiveness, 2023–28
- Top Defense Segments By Value
- Defense Platform Acquisitions
- Defense Platform Acquisitions By Value
- Eurofighter Typhoon
- Panthera T6
- Fleet Size
- Competitive Landscape
- Defense Companies Operating In Egypt
- Main Defense Companies
- About This Report
- About Us
- Contact Us
Frequently Asked Questions
The defense market size in Egypt is valued at $9 billion in 2023.
The defense market in the Egypt is expected to achieve a CAGR of more than 3% during 2024-2028.
The key sectors in the Egypt defense market are military fixed-wing, missiles and missile defense systems, military land vehicles, military rotorcraft, artillery, military radar, military ammunitions, EOIR systems, military UAV, and military simulation and training, among others.
Some of the leading companies in the Egypt defense market are Uralvagonzavod, ThyssenKrupp Marine Systems (TKMS), United Aircraft Corp, Fincantieri S.p.A, Dassault Aviation SA, Leonardo Helicopters, Alexandria Shipyard, The Boeing Co, Kamov, and Diehl Defence GmbH & Co. KG.
Get in touch to find out about our multi-purchase discounts
Tel +44 (0) 20 7947 2960
Every customer’s requirement is unique. We understand that and can customize the report basis your exact research requirements pertaining to market insights, innovation insights, strategy and planning, and competitive intelligence. You can also avail the option of purchasing stand-alone sections of the report or request for a country specific report.
Still undecided about purchasing this report?
“The GlobalData platform is our go-to tool for intelligence services. GlobalData provides an easy way to access comprehensive intelligence data around multiple sectors, which essentially makes it a one-for-all intelligence platform, for tendering and approaching customers.
GlobalData is very customer orientated, with a high degree of personalised services, which benefits everyday use. The highly detailed project intelligence and forecast reports can be utilised across multiple departments and workflow scopes, from operational to strategic level, and often support strategic decisions. GlobalData Analytics and visualisation solutions has contributed positively when preparing management presentations and strategic papers.”
“COVID-19 has caused significant interference to our business and the COVID-19 intelligence from GlobalData has helped us reach better decisions around strategy. These two highlights have helped enormously to understand the projections into the future concerning our business units, we also utilise the project database to source new projects for Liebherr-Werk to use as an additional source to pitch for new business.”
Your daily news has saved me a lot of time and keeps me up-to-date with what is happening in the market, I like that you almost always have a link to the source origin. We also use your market data in our Strategic Business Process to support our business decisions. By having everything in one place on the Intelligence Center it has saved me a lot of time versus looking on different sources, the alert function also helps with this.
Having used several other market research companies, I find that GlobalData manages to provide that ‘difficult-to-get’ market data that others can’t, as well as very diverse and complete consumer surveys.