Enterprise Tech Ecosystem Series: Toyota Motor Corporation
Launched in 2018, Toyota Research Institute-Advanced Development (TRI-AD) is a software and technology company aimed at developing fully-integrated software for automated driving.
Launched in 2017, Toyota Next is an open innovation program that promotes development of new products and services in collaboration with companies participating in the program.
In April 2019, Toyota along with Toyota Financial Services Corporation launched a virtual organization named, Toyota Blockchain Lab. The unit aims to explore, verify and test the potential use cases of blockchain technology in collaborations with group businesses.
Founded in 2016, TRI is exploring advances in artificial intelligence, automated driving, robotics, and materials science to develop technologies that help Toyota in developing more safe, accessible, and environment friendly cars.
The report provides information and insights into Toyota's tech activities, including –
– Insights of its digital transformation strategies and innovation programs
– Overview of technology initiatives covering partnerships, product launches and investments
– Insights on each technology initiative including technology theme, objective, and benefits
– Details of estimated ICT budgets and major ICT contracts
– Toyota is tapping key disruptive technologies to enhance its operational and service capabilities. AI, machine learning, big data, blockchain, cloud, robotics, 3D printing, IoT, cybersecurity, electric vehicles, alternative reality, and quantum computing are the key technologies under focus.
– Toyota leverages several digital technologies to implement its digital transformation strategies. It is majorly focused on autonomous vehicles and has produced a range of advanced electric vehicles. Over the years, Toyota has been using a wide range of digital solutions to transform its business operations. It also established strategic partnerships with several technology firms to drive innovation.
– Since the 1980s, Toyota is driving innovation and technology developments through a dedicated R&D team including scientists, researchers, and engineers around the globe. The unit focuses on research in the field of automated driving technologies, and it has implemented self-driving technologies to facilitate convenience to passengers and reduce the cases of accidents.
– Toyota AI Ventures along with Toyota Research Institute (TRI) launched The Call for Innovation initiative to promote innovations around robotics technology. It made a significant amount of investment in startups working on mobile technologies for assistive robots.
– Toyota has signed strategic partnerships with many technology companies, including Microsoft, IBM, Discovery Communications, Amazon, and niche solution providers, for developing or gaining access to advanced technologies.
Reasons to Buy
– Gain insights into Toyota's tech operations.
– Gain insights into its tech strategies and innovation initiatives.
– Gain insights into its technology themes under focus.
– Gain insights into various product launches, partnerships and investment strategies of Toyota.
The Weather Company
Drone Delivery Canada
Third Wave Automation
Blackmore Sensors and Analytics
SEA MACHINES Robotics
Table of Contents
Table of Contents
Digital Transformation Strategy
Toyota AI Ventures
Partner Network Map
ICT Budget & Contracts
Get in touch to find out about our multi-purchase discounts
Tel +44 (0) 20 7947 2960
Every customer’s requirement is unique. We understand that and can customize the report basis your exact research requirements pertaining to market insights, innovation insights, strategy and planning, and competitive intelligence. You can also avail the option of purchasing stand-alone sections of the report or request for a country specific report.
Still undecided about purchasing this report?
“The GlobalData platform is our go-to tool for intelligence services. GlobalData provides an easy way to access comprehensive intelligence data around multiple sectors, which essentially makes it a one-for-all intelligence platform, for tendering and approaching customers.
GlobalData is very customer orientated, with a high degree of personalised services, which benefits everyday use. The highly detailed project intelligence and forecast reports can be utilised across multiple departments and workflow scopes, from operational to strategic level, and often support strategic decisions. GlobalData Analytics and visualisation solutions has contributed positively when preparing management presentations and strategic papers.”
“COVID-19 has caused significant interference to our business and the COVID-19 intelligence from GlobalData has helped us reach better decisions around strategy. These two highlights have helped enormously to understand the projections into the future concerning our business units, we also utilise the project database to source new projects for Liebherr-Werk to use as an additional source to pitch for new business.”
Your daily news has saved me a lot of time and keeps me up-to-date with what is happening in the market, I like that you almost always have a link to the source origin. We also use your market data in our Strategic Business Process to support our business decisions. By having everything in one place on the Intelligence Center it has saved me a lot of time versus looking on different sources, the alert function also helps with this.
Having used several other market research companies, I find that GlobalData manages to provide that ‘difficult-to-get’ market data that others can’t, as well as very diverse and complete consumer surveys.