Enterprise Tech Ecosystem Series: Toyota Motor Corporation
All the vital news, analysis, and commentary curated by our industry experts.
Launched in 2018, Toyota Research Institute-Advanced Development (TRI-AD) is a software and technology company aimed at developing fully-integrated software for automated driving.
Launched in 2017, Toyota Next is an open innovation program that promotes development of new products and services in collaboration with companies participating in the program.
In April 2019, Toyota along with Toyota Financial Services Corporation launched a virtual organization named, Toyota Blockchain Lab. The unit aims to explore, verify and test the potential use cases of blockchain technology in collaborations with group businesses.
Founded in 2016, TRI is exploring advances in artificial intelligence, automated driving, robotics, and materials science to develop technologies that help Toyota in developing more safe, accessible, and environment friendly cars.
The report provides information and insights into Toyota's tech activities, including –
– Insights of its digital transformation strategies and innovation programs
– Overview of technology initiatives covering partnerships, product launches and investments
– Insights on each technology initiative including technology theme, objective, and benefits
– Details of estimated ICT budgets and major ICT contracts
– Toyota is tapping key disruptive technologies to enhance its operational and service capabilities. AI, machine learning, big data, blockchain, cloud, robotics, 3D printing, IoT, cybersecurity, electric vehicles, alternative reality, and quantum computing are the key technologies under focus.
– Toyota leverages several digital technologies to implement its digital transformation strategies. It is majorly focused on autonomous vehicles and has produced a range of advanced electric vehicles. Over the years, Toyota has been using a wide range of digital solutions to transform its business operations. It also established strategic partnerships with several technology firms to drive innovation.
– Since the 1980s, Toyota is driving innovation and technology developments through a dedicated R&D team including scientists, researchers, and engineers around the globe. The unit focuses on research in the field of automated driving technologies, and it has implemented self-driving technologies to facilitate convenience to passengers and reduce the cases of accidents.
– Toyota AI Ventures along with Toyota Research Institute (TRI) launched The Call for Innovation initiative to promote innovations around robotics technology. It made a significant amount of investment in startups working on mobile technologies for assistive robots.
– Toyota has signed strategic partnerships with many technology companies, including Microsoft, IBM, Discovery Communications, Amazon, and niche solution providers, for developing or gaining access to advanced technologies.
Reasons to Buy
– Gain insights into Toyota's tech operations.
– Gain insights into its tech strategies and innovation initiatives.
– Gain insights into its technology themes under focus.
– Gain insights into various product launches, partnerships and investment strategies of Toyota.
The Weather Company
Drone Delivery Canada
Third Wave Automation
Blackmore Sensors and Analytics
SEA MACHINES Robotics
Table of Contents
Table of Contents
Digital Transformation Strategy
Toyota AI Ventures
Partner Network Map
ICT Budget & Contracts
Frequently asked questions
Undecided about purchasing this report?Enquire Before Buying
Tel +44 20 7947 2745
Every customer’s requirement is unique. With over 220,000 construction projects tracked, we can create a tailored dataset for you based on the types of projects you are looking for. Please get in touch with your specific requirements and we can send you a quote.
Business Intelligence & Marketing Manager, SAL Heavy Lift
“The GlobalData platform is our go-to tool for intelligence services. GlobalData provides an easy way to access comprehensive intelligence data around multiple sectors, which essentially makes it a one-for-all intelligence platform, for tendering and approaching customers.
GlobalData is very customer orientated, with a high degree of personalised services, which benefits everyday use. The highly detailed project intelligence and forecast reports can be utilised across multiple departments and workflow scopes, from operational to strategic level, and often support strategic decisions. GlobalData Analytics and visualisation solutions has contributed positively when preparing management presentations and strategic papers.”
Market Analyst & Management, Liebherr-Werk
“COVID-19 has caused significant interference to our business and the COVID-19 intelligence from GlobalData has helped us reach better decisions around strategy. These two highlights have helped enormously to understand the projections into the future concerning our business units, we also utilise the project database to source new projects for Liebherr-Werk to use as an additional source to pitch for new business.”
Head of Key Accounts, Saab AB
Your daily news has saved me a lot of time and keeps me up-to-date with what is happening in the market, I like that you almost always have a link to the source origin. We also use your market data in our Strategic Business Process to support our business decisions. By having everything in one place on the Intelligence Center it has saved me a lot of time versus looking on different sources, the alert function also helps with this.
Marketing Intelligence Manager, Portugal Foods
Having used several other market research companies, I find that GlobalData manages to provide that ‘difficult-to-get’ market data that others can’t, as well as very diverse and complete consumer surveys.
Head of Customer Insight and Research, Standard Chartered
Our experience with GlobalData has been very good, from the platform itself to the people. I find that the analysts and the account team have a high level of customer focus and responsiveness and therefore I can always rely on. The platform is more holistic than other providers. It is convenient and almost like a one stop shop. The pricing suite is highly competitive and value for our organisation.
I like reports that inform new segments such as the analysis on generation Z, millennials, the impact of COVID 19 to our banking customers and their new channel habits. Secondly the specialist insight on affluent sector significantly increases our understanding about this group of customers. The combination of those give us depth and breadth of the evolving market.
I’m in the business of answering and helping people make decisions so with the intelligence center I can do that, effectively and efficiently. I can share quickly key insights that answer and satisfy our country stakeholders by giving them many quality studies and primary research about competitive landscape beyond the outlook of our bank. It helps me be seen as an advisory partner and that makes a big difference. A big benefit of our subscription is that no one holds the whole data and because it allows so many people, so many different parts of our organisation have access, it enables all teams to have the same level of knowledge and decision support.
Head of Consumer Sensory Insights, Givaudan
“I know that I can always rely on Globaldata’s work when I’m searching for the right consumer and market insights. I use Globaldata insights to understand the changing market & consumer landscape and help create better taste & wellbeing solutions for our customers in food, beverage and healthcare industries.
Globaldata has the right data and the reports are of very high quality compared to your competitors. Globaldata not only has overall market sizes & consumer insights on food & beverages but also provides insights at the ingredient & flavour level. That is key for B2B companies like Givaudan. This way we understand our customers’ business and also gain insight to our unique industry”
Senior Account Manager, TSYS
GlobalData provides a great range of information and reports on various sectors that is highly relevant, timely, easy to access and utilise. The reports and data dashboards help engagement with clients; they provide valuable industry and market insights that can enrich client conversations and can help in the shaping of value propositions. Moreover, using GlobalData products has helped increase my knowledge of the finance sector, the players within it, and the general threats and opportunities.
I find the consumer surveys that are carried out to be extremely beneficial and not something I have seen anywhere else. They provided an insightful view of why and which consumers take (or don’t) particular financial products. This can help shape conversations with clients to ensure they make the right strategic decisions for their business.
One of the challenges I have found is that data in the payments space is often piecemeal. With GD all of the data I need is in one place, but it also comes with additional market reports that provide useful extra context and information. Having the ability to set-up alerts on relevant movements in the industry, be it competitors or customers, and have them emailed directly to me, ensures I get early sight of industry activity and don’t have to search for news.