Food and Grocery Retailing in New Zealand – Market Shares, Summary and Forecast to 2021
"Food & Grocery Retailing in New Zealand, Market Shares, Summary and Forecasts to 2021", provides data for historic and forecast retail sales, and also includes information on the business environment and country risk related to New Zealand retail environment. In addition, it analyzes the key consumer trends influencing New Zealand food and grocery retail industry.
The food & grocery sector held a major share of 46.1% of total retail sales in 2016 and also account for 56% of total exports from the country. Dairy products and allied processed dairy products accounted for 29% of exports in 2016. Healthy economic growth led to the stable growth of the food and grocery sector, which achieved sales of NZ$28bn in 2016 and is forecast to register a CAGR of 3.9% over the next five years, to reach NZ$34bn by 2021. Foodstuffs (NZ) Ltd, which owns popular brands such as New World, Four Square, PAK'nSAVE, and On the Spot is the top retail group in the food and grocery sector with a market share of 37.7% in 2016. Leading retailers such as Four Square, The Warehouse, and New World expanded their footprint across the country, thereby driving sales.
What else does this report offer?
– In-depth analysis of the latest trends in consumer shopping, covering the factors driving shopping, consumer insights, market dynamics
– The report also details major retailers in Food & Grocery category group with their product proposition analysis and market positioning in 2016 along with recent key developments
– Market insights based on consumer trends, changing economic and demographic factors, technology innovations, and other macroeconomic factors
– Retail sales and the fastest-growing product categories in Food & Grocery sector
– Qualitative and quantitative insights of changing retail dynamics in Food & Grocery sector
– Retail sales to register healthy growth through 2021
– Food and grocery continues to be the largest sector
– Domestic players dominate sector sales
– Hypermarkets and supermarkets continue to remain the preferred channel
– Countdown and New World accounted for nearly 40% of sector sales in 2016
– Local mass middle players dominate the sector
Reasons to Buy
– Gain a comprehensive knowledge on food and grocery sector in the New Zealand retail market and develop a competitive advantage from the start of your supply chain
– Investigate current and forecast behavior trends in food and grocery category to identify the best opportunities to exploit
– Analysis of key international and domestic players operating in the food and grocery market
– Explore novel opportunities that will allow you to align your product offerings and strategies to meet demand by analyzing the vital economic and population trends, key consumer and technology trends influencing the food and grocery market
– Analyze the recommended actions to align your marketing strategies with the crucial trends influencing consumer behavior
– Understand the fastest-growing categories in the market with insights on the performance of individual product categories, across key channels from 2011, with forecasts until 2021
– Analysis of key international and domestic players operating in New Zealand retail market – including store counts and revenues that give you a competitive edge and identify opportunities to improve your market share.
On the Spot
Table of Contents
Table of Contents
The State of the Nation
The State of Retail
Food & Grocery
Get in touch to find out about our multi-purchase discounts
Tel +44 (0) 20 7947 2960
Every customer’s requirement is unique. We understand that and can customize the report basis your exact research requirements pertaining to market insights, innovation insights, strategy and planning, and competitive intelligence. You can also avail the option of purchasing stand-alone sections of the report or request for a country specific report.
Still undecided about purchasing this report?
“The GlobalData platform is our go-to tool for intelligence services. GlobalData provides an easy way to access comprehensive intelligence data around multiple sectors, which essentially makes it a one-for-all intelligence platform, for tendering and approaching customers.
GlobalData is very customer orientated, with a high degree of personalised services, which benefits everyday use. The highly detailed project intelligence and forecast reports can be utilised across multiple departments and workflow scopes, from operational to strategic level, and often support strategic decisions. GlobalData Analytics and visualisation solutions has contributed positively when preparing management presentations and strategic papers.”
“COVID-19 has caused significant interference to our business and the COVID-19 intelligence from GlobalData has helped us reach better decisions around strategy. These two highlights have helped enormously to understand the projections into the future concerning our business units, we also utilise the project database to source new projects for Liebherr-Werk to use as an additional source to pitch for new business.”
Your daily news has saved me a lot of time and keeps me up-to-date with what is happening in the market, I like that you almost always have a link to the source origin. We also use your market data in our Strategic Business Process to support our business decisions. By having everything in one place on the Intelligence Center it has saved me a lot of time versus looking on different sources, the alert function also helps with this.
Having used several other market research companies, I find that GlobalData manages to provide that ‘difficult-to-get’ market data that others can’t, as well as very diverse and complete consumer surveys.