Food and Grocery Retailing in Russia – Market Shares, Summary and Forecast to 2021
"Food & Grocery Retailing in Russia, Market Shares, Summary & Forecasts to 2021", provides data for historic and forecast retail sales, and also includes information on the business environment and country risk related to Russia retail environment. In addition, it analyzes the key consumer trends influencing Russia food and grocery retail industry.
Food & grocery is the largest sector in the Russian retail industry, accounting for 56.7% of the total retail sales. In 2016, sales were estimated at RUB13,925.5 billion and are projected to grow at a CAGR of 4.6% during 2016-2021 to reach RUB17,428.8 billion by 2021. Sector sales declined due to a weak economy, high inflation, and low disposable income; however, this pushed sales in discount stores. Additionally, sales in convenience stores increased due to consumer preference for neighborhood stores offering value deals. An embargo on food from the West, in response to sanctions, resulted in growing production in Russia during 2014-2016, making food sector self sufficient. Furthermore, the sector witnessed growing dominance of local retailers.
What else does this report offer?
– In-depth analysis of the latest trends in consumer shopping, covering the factors driving shopping, consumer insights, market dynamics
– The report also details major retailers in Food & Grocery category group with their product proposition analysis and market positioning in 2016 along with recent key developments
– Market insights based on consumer trends, changing economic and demographic factors, technology innovations, and other macroeconomic factors
– Retail sales and the fastest-growing product categories in Food & Grocery sector
– Qualitative and quantitative insights of changing retail dynamics in Food & Grocery sector
– Online retail is emerging as the fastest-growing channel in Russian retail
– Food & grocery sales declined due to high inflation and low income
– Hypermarkets, supermarkets and hard discounters taking greater share
– Local retailers dominate the sector
– The top ten retailers accounted for a share of 23.7% share in 2016
– All the top retailers operate in the mass middle range
Reasons to Buy
– Gain a comprehensive knowledge on food and grocery sector in the Russia retail market and develop a competitive advantage from the start of your supply chain
– Investigate current and forecast behavior trends in food and grocery category to identify the best opportunities to exploit
– Analysis of key international and domestic players operating in the food and grocery market
– Explore novel opportunities that will allow you to align your product offerings and strategies to meet demand by analyzing the vital economic and population trends, key consumer and technology trends influencing the food and grocery market
– Analyze the recommended actions to align your marketing strategies with the crucial trends influencing consumer behavior
– Understand the fastest-growing categories in the market with insights on the performance of individual product categories, across key channels from 2011, with forecasts until 2021
– Analysis of key international and domestic players operating in Russia retail market – including store counts and revenues that give you a competitive edge and identify opportunities to improve your market share.
Table of Contents
Table of Contents
The state of the nation
The state of retail
Food & grocery
Get in touch to find out about our multi-purchase discounts
Tel +44 (0) 20 7947 2960
Every customer’s requirement is unique. We understand that and can customize the report basis your exact research requirements pertaining to market insights, innovation insights, strategy and planning, and competitive intelligence. You can also avail the option of purchasing stand-alone sections of the report or request for a country specific report.
Still undecided about purchasing this report?
“The GlobalData platform is our go-to tool for intelligence services. GlobalData provides an easy way to access comprehensive intelligence data around multiple sectors, which essentially makes it a one-for-all intelligence platform, for tendering and approaching customers.
GlobalData is very customer orientated, with a high degree of personalised services, which benefits everyday use. The highly detailed project intelligence and forecast reports can be utilised across multiple departments and workflow scopes, from operational to strategic level, and often support strategic decisions. GlobalData Analytics and visualisation solutions has contributed positively when preparing management presentations and strategic papers.”
“COVID-19 has caused significant interference to our business and the COVID-19 intelligence from GlobalData has helped us reach better decisions around strategy. These two highlights have helped enormously to understand the projections into the future concerning our business units, we also utilise the project database to source new projects for Liebherr-Werk to use as an additional source to pitch for new business.”
Your daily news has saved me a lot of time and keeps me up-to-date with what is happening in the market, I like that you almost always have a link to the source origin. We also use your market data in our Strategic Business Process to support our business decisions. By having everything in one place on the Intelligence Center it has saved me a lot of time versus looking on different sources, the alert function also helps with this.
Having used several other market research companies, I find that GlobalData manages to provide that ‘difficult-to-get’ market data that others can’t, as well as very diverse and complete consumer surveys.