Food Preparation 2017
"Food Preparation 2017", report is part of GlobalData Retail’s home retail series, providing a detailed analysis of the market, forecast to 2022 to enable retailers to target outperforming categories to ensure future revenue growth. The report provides quantitative and qualitative analysis of the UK market, evaluating major trends such as healthy living and the influence of food bloggers on product sales. It also provides key insight into consumer attitudes to better understand your core demographic and an in-depth analysis of key market players to target growth opportunities in the market.
Squeezed real incomes coupled with weakened consumer confidence has led the food preparation market to decline for the first time as consumers opt to cut spend on discretionary food preparation products and trade down on essential goods. However, the market is set to improve from 2018 driven as more consumers engage in home cooking, encouraging spend over the next five years. Moreover, as consumer interest in health and fitness shows no signs of slowing, products that support this phenomenon in all categories will continue to experience growth up to 2022.
The report provides a comprehensive analysis of the following –
– Key issues in the market and success strategies
– Market sizing by category and growth forecasts
– In-depth profiling of major retailers including market share and outlooks
– Consumer analysis detailing how, where and why consumers are buying food preparation products
– Over the next five years general merchandisers will further dominate the market, with sales forecast to grow 14.2%. This growth is predominantly driven by discount retailers such as B&M and the Range, supported by their ambitious store expansion plans over the next five years and consumers’ increasing desire to trade down. This growth comes at the expense of the grocers, whose market share is forecast to decline by 0.6ppts between 2017-2022. Discounters can offer similar food preparation goods at lower prices, making the grocers offer uncompetitive in a price sensitive market.
– Online food preparation sales are set to outpace physical store stores over the next five years. However, the rate of incline for online food preparation sales will slow due to the proposed restrictions on purchasing knives online, which will be implemented later this year.
– Younger consumers have the highest penetration of all age groups, with 51.1% of consumers aged 16-24 buying a food preparation product over the last 12 months. This is driven by young shoppers leaving home for the first time and therefore requiring a full range of food preparation goods.
– The on-going trend for home cooking remains pivotal to the growth of the food preparation market over the next five years driving consumer spend despite economic uncertainty. Within this the trend for healthy living will encourage more consumers to engage in home cooking, supported by health and weight loss bloggers such as Joe Wicks and Deliciously Ella.
Reasons to Buy
– Utilise our five-year forecasts to 2022 for individual product categories and refocus your strategy on key areas of high growth such as gadgets and accessories.
– Understand consumer’s changing cooking habits and recognise the impact this has on the food preparation market.
– Identify how consumers are being influenced by social media and cooking blogs and how to capitalise on this trend.
– Compare our analysis on leading food preparation retailers; enhance your understanding of their strengths and weaknesses and retailers’ market share growth prospects to gain a competitive advantage.
– Recognise which consumers to target and how to drive spend from them by utilising our shopper penetration data and understanding what influences their retailer selection and spending motivations.
Table of Contents
Table of Contents
Issues And Strategies
Get in touch to find out about our multi-purchase discounts
Tel +44 (0) 20 7947 2960
Every customer’s requirement is unique. We understand that and can customize the report basis your exact research requirements pertaining to market insights, innovation insights, strategy and planning, and competitive intelligence. You can also avail the option of purchasing stand-alone sections of the report or request for a country specific report.
Still undecided about purchasing this report?
“The GlobalData platform is our go-to tool for intelligence services. GlobalData provides an easy way to access comprehensive intelligence data around multiple sectors, which essentially makes it a one-for-all intelligence platform, for tendering and approaching customers.
GlobalData is very customer orientated, with a high degree of personalised services, which benefits everyday use. The highly detailed project intelligence and forecast reports can be utilised across multiple departments and workflow scopes, from operational to strategic level, and often support strategic decisions. GlobalData Analytics and visualisation solutions has contributed positively when preparing management presentations and strategic papers.”
“COVID-19 has caused significant interference to our business and the COVID-19 intelligence from GlobalData has helped us reach better decisions around strategy. These two highlights have helped enormously to understand the projections into the future concerning our business units, we also utilise the project database to source new projects for Liebherr-Werk to use as an additional source to pitch for new business.”
Your daily news has saved me a lot of time and keeps me up-to-date with what is happening in the market, I like that you almost always have a link to the source origin. We also use your market data in our Strategic Business Process to support our business decisions. By having everything in one place on the Intelligence Center it has saved me a lot of time versus looking on different sources, the alert function also helps with this.
Having used several other market research companies, I find that GlobalData manages to provide that ‘difficult-to-get’ market data that others can’t, as well as very diverse and complete consumer surveys.