UK Travel Insurance: Distribution & Marketing 2018
- Pages: 34
- Published: February 2019
- Report Code: FS0183IA
"UK Travel Insurance: Distribution & Marketing 2018", report examines consumer purchasing behavior and how consumer preferences are changing over time. It explores what is most influential to customers when purchasing a policy and also reveals the most popular providers in the market. New trends and innovations are highlighted, as well as the key factors that will influence the travel market over the next few years.
Competition is high within the travel insurance market, with the top five players accounting for 30.1%. There has been a significant shift to purchasing via a smartphone or tablet, demonstrating the need for all providers to offer digital solutions. The banking channel has also seen a resurgence, potentially utilizing its cross-selling capabilities alongside the purchase of travel money.
– 87.3% of consumers purchased travel insurance prior to traveling.
– The travel insurance market is becoming increasingly competitive, with consumers purchasing through a greater variety of channels.
– 23% of consumers undertook no pre-purchase activity.
Reasons to buy
– Understand consumer purchasing decisions and how these will influence the market over the next few years.
– Improve customer engagement by recognizing what is most important to them and how insurers can adapt their products and services to meet their needs.
– Discover which providers lead the way in the travel insurance space, and how providers are revolutionizing the market through new innovations.
– Adapt your distribution strategy to ensure it still meets customer purchasing behaviors.
Insure & Go
Royal Bank of Scotland
Go Travel Insurance
Direct Travel Insurance
Table of Contents
Table of Contents
The Purchasing Journey