Competitor Profile: Afterpay
- Pages: 15
- Published: July 2019
- Report Code: FS0304CA
Afterpay is an Australia-based alternative payment solution that offers a buy-now, pay-later service enabling consumers to pay for their purchases across installments. Initially launched as an online payment solution, it is now available for in-store purchases at select retailers.
Founded in October 2014, it has since expanded into three new markets: New Zealand (in September 2017), the US (May 2018), and the UK (August 2018). With over 3.5 million customers and 25,000 merchants it is gradually becoming a key payment solution among people with limited access to traditional credit.
Afterpay expanded its services by launching cross-border payments in March 2019, thereby enabling local customers to buy products from international merchants. The feature is now offered in Australia and New Zealand, with plans to extend it to the US and the UK.
In July 2017, Afterpay merged with technology provider Touchcorp to form Afterpay Touch Group (ATG). Post-merger, Afterpay operates as the pay-later segment of the group, while Touchcorp operates as the pay-now segment of the group. Touchcorp offers payment technology solutions to companies operating across sectors including telecommunications, health, and convenience retail.
The report provides information and insights into Afterpay including –
– Detailed insight into its business
– Comprehensive coverage of its products and services
– Comparative assessment with key alternative payment solutions
– Information on its performance, including its revenue model
– The company's important events and milestones
– In September 2016, Afterpay introduced its service for in-store payments, with fashion retailer Topshop Topman across Australia.
– In May 2017, Afterpay launched Afterpay mobile app for in-store payments.
– In July 2017, Afterpay and payment processing firm Touchcorp merged to form ATG.
– In March 2019, Afterpay launched a cross-border payment service in Australia and New Zealand, enabling users to purchase products from partner merchants in other countries.
Reasons to buy
– Gain insights into Afterpay's business operations and key events.
– Gain insights into its product portfolio and revenue model.
– Assess the competitive dynamics in the alternative payments industry by comparing its performance against competitors.
Afterpay Touch Group
Table of Contents
Table of Contents
Products & Services