Enterprise Tech Ecosystem Series: United Overseas Bank
- Pages: 21
- Published: October 2019
- Report Code: FS0329CA
This report provides insight into United Overseas Bank's (UOB')s fintech activities, including its digital transformation strategies, its innovation programs, its technology initiatives, its estimated ICT budgets, and its major ICT contracts.
UOB is a leading bank and financial services provider with a primary focus on the Asia Pacific region. UOB operates through three core business segments: Group Retail, Group Wholesale Banking, and Global Markets. The bank provides a range of financial solutions including deposit accounts, loans, payment cards, insurance, digital banking services, portfolio management, and property management services.
It also offers trade finance; corporate finance; financial supply chain management; cash and treasury management; debt and equity capital market solutions; asset, wealth, and venture management; private banking; and transaction banking. UOB operates in Asia Pacific, Europe, and North America.
– UOB is exploring and utilizing e-commerce, artificial intelligence, big data, cloud, office of the future, blockchain, mobile, and cybersecurity to provide innovative financial products to its individual customers, optimize its internal operational procedures, and improve the services offered to business clients.
– UOB Venture Management (UOBVM) is a wholly owned subsidiary of UOB that focuses on investing in companies that have the potential to positively impact the business community through usage of emerging technologies. It also invests in businesses that support UOB’s environmental, social, and governance policies.
– UOBVM mainly focuses on companies in their expansion or growth phase, and its investments range from $10m to $50m per deal. Through UOBVM, UOB collaborates with these companies to leverage their expertise and create innovative solutions that benefit the overall business ecosystem in the ASEAN region and China.
Reasons to buy
– Learn about UOB's fintech operations, including investments, product launches, partnerships, and acquisitions.
– Gain insight into its fintech strategies and innovation initiatives.
– Discover which technology themes are under the group's focus.
Infocomm Development Authority of Singapore
Monetary Authority of Singapore
Table of Contents
Table of Contents
Digital Transformation Strategy
Accelerator & Digital Innovation Programs
UOB Venture Management
UOB Venture Management Investments
Partnerships & Investments Network Map
ICT Budget & Contracts