The future of pharma report investigates the near and long-term future of the pharmaceutical industry from the standpoint of drug development. It provides a high-level analysis of key trends and movements within the industry via regulatory, clinical, and market-based analysis, allowing you to discern the large-scale changes and how best to pivot and prioritize them within your sectors.
Sales and regulatory-based insights into this coming year covering individual products and key areas of focus regulatory-based insights into future trends that may negatively impact segments of the industry, sales-based long-term insights into key sections of the industry and how they will change from this year (2022) to five years (2027) into the future and what is driving them, and clinical insights on planned and pivotal clinical trials based on this upcoming year and their trends.
What are the key therapy areas in the pharma market?
The key therapy areas in the pharma market are oncology, infectious disease, central nervous system, immunology, metabolic disorders, cardiovascular, respiratory, hematological disorders, ophthalmology, gastrointestinal. Oncology remains the top therapy area. Oncology is driven by key drugs including Keytruda, which is expected to overtake Humira as the world’s top-selling drug by 2023.
Future of pharma market, by therapy areas
For more therapy area insights, download a free sample
What are the key drugs in the pharma market?
The key drugs in the pharma market are Keytruda, Opdivo, Revlimid, Comirnaty, Humira, Eliquis, Spikevax, Eylea, Stelara, and Biktarvy. The top 10 drugs are dominated by oncology (including Keytruda, Opdivo, and Revlimid) and infectious disease (including Comirnaty, Spikevax, and Biktarvy). The COVID-19 prophylactic vaccine Comirnaty continues to dominate drug sales going into 2022.
Future of pharma market, by key drugs
For more drug insights, download a free sample
Which are the key companies the pharma market?
The key companies the pharma market are Pfizer, Merck & Co, Novartis AG, Johnson & Johnson, Abbvie, F.Hoffman-La Roche Ltd, Bristol-Myers Squibb Co, AstraZeneca Plc, Sanofi, GlaxoSmithKline Plc, Novo Nordisk AS, Takeda Pharmaceutical Co Ltd, Novavax Inc, Bayer AG, Boehringer Ingelheim International GmbH, Eli Lilly and Co.
Post Marketing Obligations such as Phase IV trials are key to the success of a drug, the results of which can increase or decrease the value of a drug. Novartis has the most Phase IV trials planned for 2022 at more than double the next company, GSK. Novartis trials are focused within the oncology and central nervous system therapy areas. GSK is the company with the second most trials, and half of its Phase IV trials focus on respiratory drugs. GSK’s major focus is on chronic obstructive pulmonary disorder observing drugs such as Anoro Ellipta. Pfizer focuses primarily on oncology but is continuing to plan COVID-19 trials to investigate the safety of its vaccine, Comirnaty.
Future of pharma market, by key companies
To know more about key companies, download a free sample
Market report scope
|Key therapy areas||Oncology, Infectious Disease, Central Nervous System, Immunology, Metabolic Disorders, Cardiovascular, Respiratory, Hematological Disorders, Ophthalmology, and Gastrointestinal|
|Key drugs||Keytruda, Opdivo, Revlimid, Comirnaty, Humira, Eliquis, Spikevax, Eylea, Stelara, and Biktarvy|
|Key companies||Pfizer, Merck & Co, Novartis AG, Johnson & Johnson, Abbvie, F.Hoffman-La Roche Ltd, Bristol-Myers Squibb Co, AstraZeneca Plc, Sanofi, GlaxoSmithKline Plc, Novo Nordisk AS, Takeda Pharmaceutical Co Ltd, Novavax Inc, Bayer AG, Boehringer Ingelheim International GmbH, Eli Lilly and Co|
- This 49-page report gives important, expert insight you won’t find in any other source. 21 figures throughout the report illustrate major points and trends in future pharmaceutical sales forecasts and company pipelines. This report is required reading for:
- Investors that want to understand future trends impacting the biopharmaceutical industry as well as identifying companies to invest in
- Companies that are interested in entering the biopharmaceutical space and where best to focus on
- Large pharma companies with investment groups or BD teams looking to see which companies are predicted to lead the industry in the near and far future
- Small and medium pharma who want to focus their drug portfolio on future trends and are looking for partnership opportunities
Reasons to Buy
- Year Ahead Opportunities – looking ahead in 2022 using sales and regulatory analyses to identify events and trends that may be opportunities.
- Year Ahead Threats -looking ahead in 2022 using sales forecasts and clinical analyses to identify events and trends that may pose a threat.
- Future opportunities – looking ahead to 5 years into the future, using sales forecasts and analyses to identify the opportunities in 2027 that can be exploited.
- Clinical trials – using clinical analyses to identify key areas within clinical trials that have begun or are planned for 2022.
- Merck & Co
- Novartis AG
- Johnson & Johnson
- F.Hoffman-La Roche Ltd
- Bristol-Myers Squibb Co
- AstraZeneca Plc
- GlaxoSmithKline Plc
- Novo Nordisk AS
- Takeda Pharmaceutical Co Ltd
- Novavax Inc
- Bayer AG
- Boehringer Ingelheim International GmbH
- Eli Lilly and Co
Table of Contents
1 Year Ahead Opportunities
1.1 Top 10 Companies by Pharmaceutical Sales 2022 versus 2021
1.2 Top 10 Key Therapy Areas 2022 versus 2021
1.3 Top 10 Drugs 2022 Versus 2021
1.4 2022 Drug Launches
1.5 2022 PDUFA dates
2 Year Ahead Threats
2.1 Drug Expiry
2.2 Post-Marketing Obligations
3 Future Opportunities
3.1 Net Present Value
3.2 Sales Five Years from Now
4 Clinical Trials
4.1 Clinical Trials in 2022
4.2 Planned Pivotal Trials in 2022 by Phase
5 Key Findings
6.3 Related Reports
6.4 About the Authors
6.5 About GlobalData
6.6 Contact Us
Frequently Asked Questions
Tel +44 (0) 20 7947 2960
Personal and transaction information are kept safe from unauthorised use.