Conditions for spontaneous bone healing after trauma or orthopedic surgery are not always ideal. Even with the efficacy of modern internal fixation and spinal fusion techniques, factors such as poor vascularity, malnutrition, and substantial bone or soft tissue loss can impede effective bone growth. As a result, the market for bone grafts and substitutes has emerged and exploded. Autograft bone is considered the gold-standard treatment; however, the amount of autograft bone available is often insufficient, and the graft harvesting procedure presents a number of comorbidities including donor site pain and infection. Due to these drawbacks, a soaring demand for alternatives to autograft bone has arisen globally. An array of bone grafts and substitutes are currently available—allograft bone, bone morphogenetic proteins (BMPs), demineralized bone matrices (DBMs), synthetic bone substitutes, and cell-based matrices.
Who should buy this report?
This Market Model gives important, expert insight you won’t find in any other source. The model illustrates qualitative and quantitative trends within the specified market. This model is required reading for:
- CMO executives who must have deep understanding of the bone grafts & substitutes marketplace to make strategic planning and investment decisions.
- Sourcing and procurement executives who must understand crucial components of the supply base in order to make decisions about supplier selection and management.
- Private equity investors that need a deeper understanding of the market to identify and value potential investment targets.
Currently marketed bone graft & substitute products and evolving competitive landscape:
- Insightful review of the key industry trends.
- Annualized bone grafts & substitutes market revenue by segment and market outlooks from 2015–2028.
- Granular data on total procedures, units, average selling prices and market values by segment.
Provides global, regional and country level market specific insights:
- Qualitative market specific information is available with global trends further broken down into regional trends. In addition GlobalData analysts provide unique country specific insights on the market.
- SWOT analysis for bone grafts & substitutes market.
- Competitive dynamics insights and trends provided for bone grafts & substitutes market.
Drive the understanding of the market by getting the veritable big picture including an overview of the healthcare system. In addition the Market Access segment allows you to delve deeper into market dynamics with information on reimbursement policies and the regulatory landscape.
- Country specific overview of the healthcare system.
- Country specific reimbursement policies.
- Country specific medtech regulatory landscape.
Reasons to buy
The model will enable you to:
- Develop and design your in-licensing and out-licensing strategies through a review of pipeline products and technologies, and by identifying the companies with the most robust pipeline.
- Develop business strategies by understanding the trends shaping and driving the bone grafts & substitutes market.
- Drive revenues by understanding the key trends, innovative products and technologies, market segments, and companies likely to impact the bone grafts & substitutes market in the future.
- Formulate effective sales and marketing strategies by understanding the competitive landscape and by analyzing the company share of market leaders.
- Identify emerging players with potentially strong product portfolios and create effective counter-strategies to gain a competitive advantage.
- Track device sales in the global and country-specific bone grafts & substitutes market from 2015-2028.
- Organize your sales and marketing efforts by identifying the market categories and segments that present maximum opportunities for consolidations, investments and strategic partnerships.
- DePuy Synthes
- Zimmer Biomet
- DePuy Synthes
- Zimmer Biomet