Fixed Broadband Market Trends And Opportunities In Europe – 2019
- Pages: 26
- Published: July 2019
- Report Code: GDTC0204IR
Fixed Broadband Market Trends and Opportunities in Europe – 2019,’ a new Telecom Insider Report by GlobalData, provides an executive-level overview of the fixed broadband market in Europe. It delivers quantitative and qualitative insights into the fixed market, analyzing key trends and growth drivers in the region.
The telecom infrastructure in Europe is relatively well-developed. The growth in fixed broadband in the region during the forecast period will primarily come from increased investments in networks and infrastructure deployments and upgrades by the telecom operators. ADditionally, the European Commission's 'Digital Agenda' and 'Digital Single Market' initiatives will drive growth, with aims provide minimum speeds of 30Mbps to the entire population of each member state by 2020 and a minimum speed of 100Mbps by 2025. The digital divide is still present between Western Europe and Central and Eastern Europe, with fixed broadband penetration remaining lower in the latter. The declining prices of fixed broadband in the region are expected to improve the availability of the Internet over the forecast period. Telcos use fixed wireless and satellite broadband to reach underserved areas, where a business case for fixed broadband cannot be made.
It provides an in-depth analysis of the following –
– Section 1: Europe in a global context: This section provides a comparison of Europe's macro-economic KPIs, fixed telecoms market size, and trends with other regions.
– Section 2: Regional Market Trends and Competitive Dynamics: This section analyzes the competitive dynamics that have been shaping the Europe fixed broadband markets over the past few years, including market entries, market exits, consolidation, and M&A activities.
– Section 3: Fixed Broadband Subscription Trends: Provides analysis, historical figures, and forecasts of fixed broadband subscriptions and usage trends in the region as well as their growth drivers.
– Section 4: Fixed Broadband Revenue Trends: Examines changes in the breakdown of overall revenue and ARPU over 2019-2024. – Section 5: Key findings: it consists of a summary of key findings and growth opportunities for the Europe fixed broadband market.
– Between 2019 and 2024, operators in Europe will generate a cumulative US$477.2 billion in fixed Internet services revenue.
– Fixed broadband lines in Europe will reach 295.1 million by 2024. The total broadband market will be led by the FTTH/B segment.
– Spain, Portugal, and Switzerland will have the highest FTTH/B penetration of population rates in the region by 2024.
Reasons to buy
– This Insider Report provides a comprehensive examination through forward-looking analysis of Europe’s fixed broadband markets trends in a concise analytical format to help executives build proactive and profitable growth strategies.
– Accompanying GlobalData’s Forecast products, the report examines the assumptions and drivers behind ongoing and upcoming trends in Europe’s fixed broadband markets.
– The report is designed for an executive-level audience, with charts and tables boasting presentation quality.
– The broad perspective of the report coupled with comprehensive actionable insights will help operators, equipment vendors and other telecom industry players better position to seize the growth opportunities in Europe's evolving fixed broadband market.
UK Broadband Limited
Table of Contents
Table of Contents
List of Exhibits
Section 1: Europe in a Global Context
Europe’s Demographics at a Glance
Europe in a Global Context
Section 2: Regional Market Trends and Competitive Dynamics
Regulatory Drivers of Fixed Broadband in Europe
Major Competitive Changes in Europe
National Broadband Plans
Europe’s Main Competitive Market Trends
Section 3: Fixed Broadband Subscription Trends
Internet User Trends in Europe
Fixed Broadband Technology Trends in Europe
Section 4: Fixed Broadband Revenue Trends
Fixed Broadband ARPU in Europe
Fixed Broadband Revenue Trends in Europe
Section 5: Key Findings and Recommendations
List of Figures
List of Figures
Exhibit 1: Population, 2018-2024 (millions)
Exhibit 2: Nominal GDP, 2018-2024 (US$trillion)
Exhibit 3: Real GDP Growth, 2018-2024
Exhibit 4: Voice Lines Penetration, 2019 (% of population)
Exhibit 5: Internet Users as a % of Total Population
Exhibit 6: Broadband Line Penetration, 2019
Exhibit 7: Internet Users, Europe, 2018-2024 (millions)
Exhibit 8: Fixed Broadband Line and Penetration in Europe, 2018-2024
Exhibit 9: Fixed Broadband Lines by Technology, Europe, 2019-2024
Exhibit 10: Top Five European Markets in Terms of FTTH/B as a % of Total Fixed Broadband Lines, 2019-2024*
Exhibit 11: Fixed Broadband ARPU in Europe (US$), 2019
Exhibit 12: Fixed Broadband Revenue, Europe, 2019-2024
Exhibit 13: Selected European Fixed Broadband Market Sizes and Growth Prospects, 2019