Saudi Arabia: Country Intelligence Report
- Pages: 42
- Published: June 2018
- Report Code: TC0578MR
"Saudi Arabia: Country Intelligence Report", a new Country Intelligence Report by GlobalData, provides an executive-level overview of the telecommunications market in Saudi Arabia today, with detailed forecasts of key indicators up to 2022. Published annually, the report provides detailed analysis of the near-term opportunities, competitive dynamics and evolution of demand by service type and technology/platform across the fixed telephony, broadband, mobile and pay-TV segments, as well as a review of key regulatory trends.
The telecom service revenue growth in Saudi Arabia over 2017-2022 will be driven by the mobile data, fixed broadband and pay-TV segments. Mobile data will be the largest revenue-contributing segment by 2022, led by rising mobile Internet subscriptions, especially over smartphones, with higher ARPU and increasing M2M connections. Going forward, operators will focus on offering data-centric services and invest in network expansions and next-generation technologies such as LTE-A and 5G. Commericial 5G will become available by 2020. The broadband segment will witness investments in FTTx technology, supported by government efforts to boost broadband penetration in the country, providing significant opportunities for vendors and investors in the coming years.
The Country Intelligence Report provides in-depth analysis of the following –
– Demographic and macroeconomic context in Saudi Arabia.
– The regulatory environment and trends: a review of the regulatory setting and agenda for the next 18-24 months as well as relevant developments pertaining to spectrum licensing, national broadband plans, tariff regulation and more.
– Telecom services market outlook: analysis as well as historical figures and forecasts of service revenue from the fixed telephony, broadband, mobile voice, mobile data and pay-TV markets.
– The competitive landscape: an examination of the positioning of leading players in the telecom services market as well as subscription market shares across segments.
– Company snapshots: analysis of the financial position of leading service providers in the telecommunications market.
– Underlying assumptions behind our published base-case forecasts, as well as potential market developments that would alter, either positively or negatively, our base-case outlook.
– The overall telecom service revenue in Saudi Arabia will grow at a CAGR of 2.1% during 2017-2022.
– Mobile revenue will account for 76.9% of total telecom revenue in 2022, driven by increasing adoption of high-speed mobile Internet services.
– 4G will become the most adopted mobile technology from 2018 onward. Rising demand for high-speed data service and LTE network investments from operators will drive subscriber growth. We expect 5G to be commercially available in 2020.
– The top two mobile operators, STC and Mobily, accounted for 76.6% share of total mobile subscriptions at year-end 2017. We expect the competition to intensify further as all operators are focusing on improving and expanding their LTE networks.
Reasons to buy
– This Country Intelligence Report offers a thorough, forward-looking analysis of Saudi Arabia’s telecommunications markets, service providers and key opportunities in a concise format to help executives build proactive and profitable growth strategies.
– Accompanying GlobalData’s Forecast products, the report examines the assumptions and drivers behind ongoing and upcoming trends in Saudi Arabia’s mobile communications, fixed telephony, broadband markets, including the evolution of service provider market shares.
– With more than 20 charts and tables, the report is designed for an executive-level audience, boasting presentation quality.
– The report provides an easily digestible market assessment for decision-makers built around in-depth information gathered from local market players, which enables executives to quickly get up to speed with the current and emerging trends in Saudi Arabia’s telecommunications markets.
– The broad perspective of the report coupled with comprehensive, actionable detail will help operators, equipment vendors and other telecom industry players succeed in the challenging telecommunications market in Saudi Arabia.
Virgin Mobile KSA
Lebara Mobile KSA
Table of Contents
Table of Contents
Table of contents 3
Market highlights 4
Demographic, macroeconomic and regulatory context 5
Demographic and macroeconomic context 6
Regulatory context 8
Telecom and pay-TV services market outlook 9
Total telecom service revenue 10
Mobile services market 12
Fixed services market 18
Pay-TV services market 22
Competitive landscape and company snapshots 25
Competitive landscape 26
Saudi Telecom Company (STC) 28
Zain KSA 30
GO Telecom 31
Additional resources 32
Baseline forecast assumptions 33
Data tables 34
Research methodology 38
About the authors 39
Country Intelligence Report coverage 40
About GlobalData 41