Czech Republic: Country Intelligence Report
- Pages: 42
- Published: December 2017
- Report Code: TC0523MR
"Czech Republic: Country Intelligence Report", is a new Country Intelligence Report by GlobalData, which provides an executive-level overview of the telecommunications market in Czech Republic today, with detailed forecasts of key indicators up to 2022. Published annually, the report provides detailed analysis of the near-term opportunities, competitive dynamics and evolution of demand by service type and technology/platform across the fixed telephony, broadband, mobile and pay-TV markets, as well as a review of key regulatory trends.
Czech Rpublic’s telecom and pay-TV services market will grow from an estimated Kc81.3bn ($3.3bn) in 2017 to Kc90.9bn ($4.1bn) by 2022 at a CAGR of 2.3% in koruna (4.3% in US$) over 2017-2022 driven by projected growth in mobile data, fixed broadband and pay-TV segments. Mobile voice will be the largest revenue-contributing segment in 2017. However, mobile data will be the fastest-growing revenue segment, expanding at a CAGR of 12.7% in local currency (15.0% in US$) driven by growing adoption of 4G services. Going forward, the Czech Republic’s pay-TV market will grow at a CAGR of 2.8% in Kc (4.8% in US$) due to growth in DTH and IPTV subscriptions.
The Country Intelligence Report provides in-depth analysis of the following –
– Demographic and macroeconomic context in Czech Republic.
– The regulatory environment and trends: a review of the regulatory setting and agenda for the next 18-24 months as well as relevant developments pertaining to spectrum licensing, national broadband plans, tariff regulation and more.
– Telecom and pay-TV services market outlook: analysis as well as historical figures and forecasts of service revenue from the fixed telephony, broadband, mobile voice, mobile data and pay-TV markets.
– The competitive landscape: an examination of the positioning of leading players in the telecom and pay-TV services market as well as subscription market shares across segments.
– Company snapshots: analysis of the financial position of leading service providers in the telecommunications and pay-TV markets.
– Underlying assumptions behind our published base-case forecasts, as well as potential market developments that would alter, either positively or negatively, our base-case outlook.
– The overall telecom and pay-TV service revenue in the Czech Republic will grow at a CAGR of 2.3% in Kc (4.3%) during 2017-2022.
– Mobile revenue will account for 63.5% of the total service revenue in 2022, driven by increasing adoption of 4G services and expected launch of 5G in 2021.
– T-Mobile leads the country’s mobile market in terms of mobile subscriptions for 2017, followed by Vodafone and O2.
Reasons to buy
– This Country Intelligence Report offers a thorough, forward-looking analysis of the Czech Republic’s telecommunications markets, service providers and key opportunities in a concise format to help executives build proactive and profitable growth strategies.
– Accompanying GlobalData’s Forecast products, the report examines the assumptions and drivers behind ongoing and upcoming trends in the Czech Republic’s mobile communications, fixed telephony, broadband markets, including the evolution of service provider market shares.
– With more than 20 charts and tables, the report is designed for an executive-level audience, boasting presentation quality.
– The report provides an easily digestible market assessment for decision-makers built around in-depth information gathered from local market players, which enables executives to quickly get up to speed with the current and emerging trends in the Czech Republic’s telecommunications markets.
– The broad perspective of the report coupled with comprehensive, actionable detail will help operators, equipment vendors and other telecom industry players succeed in the challenging telecommunications market in the Czech Republic.
O2 Czech Republic
Vodafone Czech Republic
Table of Contents
Table of Contents
Table of contents 3
Market highlights 4
Demographic, macroeconomic and regulatory context 5
Demographic and macroeconomic context 6
Regulatory context 8
Telecom and pay-TV services market outlook 9
Total telecom service revenue 10
Mobile services market 12
Fixed services market 18
Pay-TV services market 22
Competitive landscape and company snapshots 25
Competitive landscape 26
O2 Czech Republic 28
T-Mobile Czech Republic 29
Vodafone Czech Republic 30
Additional resources 31
Baseline forecast assumptions 32
Data tables 33
Research methodology 38
About the authors 39
Country Intelligence Report coverage 40
About GlobalData 41