Argentina: Country Intelligence Report
- Pages: 41
- Published: August 2019
- Report Code: GDTC0668MR
"Argentina: Country Intelligence Report," a new Country Intelligence Report by GlobalData, provides an executive-level overview of the telecommunications market in Argentina today, with detailed forecasts of key indicators up to 2023. Published annually, the report provides detailed analysis of the near-term opportunities, competitive dynamics, and evolution of demand by service type and technology/platform across the fixed telephony, broadband, mobile, and pay-TV segments, as well as a review of key regulatory trends.
Total telecom service revenue in Argentina will expand from US$8.9 billion in 2019 to US$9.0 billion by in 2024, a modest five-year CAGR of 0.3% in US dollar terms. In local currency terms, however, revenue will expand at a 9.6% CAGR for the same period.
Growth will be driven by the increasing demand for mobile data revenue will be the fastest growing segment and will reach US$3.1 billion (ARS203.0 billion) by 2024, at a CAGR of 5.1% (14.9% in ARS) over 2019-2024.
The Country Intelligence Report provides in-depth analysis of the following –
– Demographic and macroeconomic context in Argentina.
– The regulatory environment and trends: a review of the regulatory setting and agenda for the next 18-24 months as well as relevant developments pertaining to spectrum licensing, national broadband plans, tariff regulation, and more.
– Telecom and pay-TV services market outlook: analysis as well as historical figures and forecasts of service revenue from the fixed telephony, broadband, mobile voice, mobile data, and pay-TV markets.
– The competitive landscape: an examination of the positioning of leading players in the telecom and pay-TV services market as well as subscription market shares across segments.
– Company snapshots: analysis of the financial position of leading service providers in the telecommunications and pay-TV markets.
– Underlying assumptions behind our published base-case forecasts, as well as potential market developments that would alter, either positively or negatively, our base-case outlook.
– Argentina’s mobile subscription penetration of population will reach an estimated 136.4% in 2019 and will grow further to reach 140.8% by year-end 2024, led by the increasing adoption of smartphones and M2M SIMs.
– Smartphone subscriptions will reach 35.0 million by year-end 2019, expanding to 43.5 million in 2024.
– 4G will account for 60.9% of the total mobile subscriptions in Argentina as of year-end 2019, expanding to 87.8% in 2024
Reasons to buy
– This Country Intelligence Report offers a thorough, forward-looking analysis of Argentina’s telecommunications markets, service providers and key opportunities in a concise format to help executives build proactive and profitable growth strategies.
– Accompanying GlobalData’s Forecast products, the report examines the assumptions and drivers behind ongoing and upcoming trends in Argentina’s mobile communications, fixed telephony, and broadband markets, including the evolution of service provider market shares.
– With more than 20 charts and tables, the report is designed for an executive-level audience, boasting presentation quality.
– The report provides an easily digestible market assessment for decision-makers built around in-depth information gathered from local market players, which enables executives to quickly get up to speed with the current and emerging trends in Argentina’s telecommunications markets.
– The broad perspective of the report coupled with comprehensive, actionable detail will help operators, equipment vendors, and other telecom industry players succeed in the challenging telecommunications market in Argentina.
Table of Contents
Table of Contents
Demographic, macroeconomic, and regulatory context
Demographic and macroeconomic context
Telecom and pay-TV services market outlook
Total telecom service revenue
Mobile services market
Fixed services market
Pay-TV services market
Competitive landscape and company snapshots
Baseline forecast assumptions
Country Intelligence Report coverage