The hematology tests market was valued at $2.5 billion in 2021. Hematology is the study of blood, specifically the components that make up whole blood. Through the study and measurement of blood analytes, different disease states can be diagnosed. It includes problems with the red blood cells, white blood cells, platelets, blood vessels, bone marrow, lymph nodes, spleen, and the proteins involved in bleeding and clotting (hemostasis and thrombosis).
The hematology tests market research report is built to visualize quantitative market trends within in vitro diagnostics therapeutic area. It discusses in detail the impact of COVID-19 on the market for the year 2020 and beyond.
Hematology tests market overview
For more insights on this report, download a free report sample
What are the market dynamics in the hematology tests market?
According to primary participants, the majority of hematology testing is still lab-based. As point of care technology becomes more reliable, the hope is to shift focus and integrate POC into healthcare settings. Currently, lab test overutilization may be an issue due to extensive test orders by physicians. The overall POC market testing is heavily reliant on very specific niche testing situations. However, as the specificity of the tests increases, there will be higher adoption of POC. Lab tests in general will continue to see significant growth in volume as they are the primary step in the diagnosis.
What is the regional outlook of the hematology tests market?
The key regions in the Hematology tests market are North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, South and Central America, and the Middle East and Africa.
Hematology tests market in North America
North America has a dichotomy between lab testing vs POC. While conventional lab tests dominate the market, there has been significant growth in POC machines. However hand-held hematology testing is only prevalent in specific health settings and emergency hospital departments. The market will not shrink as hematology testing is an important starting point before diagnosis and treatment initiation. The adoption rates of POC will be higher in rural and infrastructural lacking healthcare settings.
Hematology tests market in Europe
EU is dominated by lab testing for hematology. The market is mature and commoditized, thus there is nominal growth. Similar to the global trends, there is a tendency for overutilization of lab tests. POC still has lower adoption rates when compared to lab testing. Lab testing will continue to dominate the market until physicians and clinicians deem POC testing reliable.
Hematology tests market in Asia Pacific
APAC will see the most growth within testing volumes for the forecast year. The integration of POC will take some time. However, use in rural areas without significant testing facilities creates a need for such testing. China is a major contributor to this region and will continue to do so as the population increases organically.
Hematology tests market in South and Central America
South America is the penultimate global hematology market in terms of revenue. POC adoption is nominal in this region. The infrastructure and sheer testing volume make it necessary for health practitioners to heavily rely on lab testing.
Hematology tests market in Middle East and Africa
MEA hematology testing is fragmented, although their multinational hematology players there are numerous third-party vendors providing the region with alternatives. The region will see growth and there is ample opportunity for POC testing to grow as the healthcare infrastructure is not consolidated, thus patients in remote areas require POC testing.
What are the key segments in the Hematology tests market?
The key segments in the hematology tests market are Complete Blood Count (CBC) tests, Erythrocytes POC tests, Hematocrit POC tests, Hemoglobin & Hematocrit POC tests, Hemoglobin Laboratory tests, Hemoglobin POC tests, Platelets POC tests, and WBC POC tests.
Hematology tests market, by key segments
For more key segments insights, download a free report sample
What are the key companies in the hematology tests market?
Some of the key companies in the hematology tests market are Sysmex Corp, F. Hoffmann-La Roche Ltd, Danaher Corp, Abbott Laboratories, Horiba Ltd, EKF Diagnostics Holdings Plc, Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc, and Siemens AG.
Hematology tests market, by key companies
To know more about key companies, download a free report sample
Market Report Scope
|Market size (Year – 2021)||$2.5 billion|
|Key regions||North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, South and Central America, and Middle East and Africa|
|Key sub-segments||Complete Blood Count (CBC) Tests, Erythrocytes POC Tests, Hematocrit POC Tests, Hemoglobin & Hematocrit POC Tests, Hemoglobin Laboratory Tests, Hemoglobin POC Tests, Platelets POC Tests, and WBC POC Tests|
|Key companies||Sysmex Corp, F. Hoffmann-La Roche Ltd, Danaher Corp, Abbott Laboratories, Horiba Ltd, EKF Diagnostics Holdings Plc, Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc, and Siemens AG|
This report provides:
- Insightful review of the key industry trends.
- Annualized total hematology tests devices market revenue by segment and market outlooks from 2015-2030.
- Granular data on total procedures, units, average selling prices, and market values by segment.
- Global, regional, and country-level market-specific insights including qualitative market-specific information with global trends further broken down into regional trends. In addition, GlobalData analysts provide unique country-specific insights on the market.
- SWOT analysis for hematology tests market.
- Competitive dynamics insights and trends provided for the Hematology tests market.
- Country specific overview of the healthcare system.
- Country specific reimbursement policies.
- Country specific medtech regulatory landscape.
Reasons to Buy
- Understand the impact of COVID-19 on the hematology tests market.
- Develop and design your in-licensing and out-licensing strategies through a review of pipeline products and technologies, and by identifying the companies with the most robust pipeline.
- Develop business strategies by understanding the trends shaping and driving the Hematology tests market.
- Drive revenues by understanding the key trends, innovative products and technologies, market segments, and companies likely to impact the hematology tests market in the future.
- Formulate effective sales and marketing strategies by understanding the competitive landscape and by analyzing the company share of market leaders.
- Identify emerging players with potentially strong product portfolios and create effective counterstrategies to gain a competitive advantage.
- Track device sales in the global and country-specific hematology tests market from 2015-2030.
- Organize your sales and marketing efforts by identifying the market categories and segments that present maximum opportunities for consolidations, investments, and strategic partnerships.
F. Hoffmann-La Roche Ltd
EKF Diagnostics Holdings Plc
Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc
Frequently Asked Questions
Tel +44 (0) 20 7947 2960
Personal and transaction information are kept safe from unauthorised use.