ICT Investment Trends in Telco/Service Providers: Network transformation is expected to drive ICT investments
"ICT Investment Trends in Telco/Service Providers", presents the findings from a survey of 125 telcos/service providers regarding their Information & Communications Technology (ICT) investment trends. The survey investigates how telcos/service providers companies currently allocate their ICT budgets across the core areas of enterprise ICT expenditure: hardware, software, IT services, communications, and consulting.
The report illustrates the core technologies that telcos/service providers are investing in, including business intelligence, security services, IoT, and cloud computing. The survey also highlights the approach to purchasing technology adopted by telcos/service providers. Through GlobalData’s survey, the report aims to provide a better insight to ICT vendors and service providers when pitching their solutions to telcos/service providers.
Telecommunication services are transitioning to next generation networks as the demand for connectivity, bandwidth, ultra high-speed data access, and low latency networks is growing. This is leading to rapid development of 5G networks, in order to support the proliferation of wearables, connected devices, smartphones, and mobile apps in the market. Additionally, the market is experiencing consolidation among telecom operators in an effort to provide better quality of network and services to their customers.
In particular, it provides an in-depth analysis of the following –
– How ICT budgets are set to change in 2017 in terms of their overall size
– Allocation across the core elements of IT spend, including hardware, software, services, communications, and consulting
– Distribution of ICT money in areas such as the networks, applications, service desk, and data centers
– Which ICT functions telcos/service providers are interested in outsourcing
– Telcos/service providers’ investment priorities based on their budget allocations across core technology categories such as business intelligence, security services, IoT, and cloud computing
– Factors that are influencing telcos/service providers’ investments in each technology category
– How telcos/service providers’ IT budgets are currently allocated across various segments within a technology category
– Telcos/service providers’ distribution of their ICT budget across various segments within a technology category
– Vendor satisfaction ratings for various core and advanced technology categories
– Insight into telcos/service providers’ preferred buying approaches
– Business and IT objectives that telcos/service providers are looking to achieve through their IT investment strategies
– Factors that are influencing telcos/service providers’ decisions to select an ICT provider
– The highest proportion of telcos/service providers are prioritizing network analytics as one of their top three investment priorities.
– Major telecommunication providers are making efforts to transition to a 5G network in order to enable faster data transmission, thereby offering huge opportunities for fiber optic cables providers and advanced network hardware vendors.
– With telcos investing in NB-IoT and LoRa technologies, the market is set to witness many partnerships among telecom operators and IoT vendors to offer commercialized IoT services for enterprise customers.
Reasons to Buy
– Understand how the telcos/service providers' ICT landscape is set to change in 2017 to prioritize your target market
– Comprehend how ICT money are being allocated by telcos/service providers in specific geographies and size bands to improve your market penetration
– Make effective business decisions by recognizing the opportunities within each of the core areas of ICT spend (hardware, software, IT services, telecommunications, and consulting)
– Realign your sales initiatives by understanding the current strategic objectives of telcos/service providers
– Enhance your market segmentation with the included, detailed breakdown of opportunities within selected technology categories (business intelligence, security services, IoT, and cloud computing)
– Prioritize your focus areas by understanding which factors are influencing telcos/service providers’ decisions when selecting an ICT provider
– Understand the changes in customers’ priorities and identify the business objectives that telcos/service providers are looking to achieve through their ICT investment strategies.
Amazon Web Services
Table of Contents
Table of Contents
Key implications for ICT vendors
ICT budget changes
ICT budget allocation by core technology area
Hardware budget breakdown
Software budget breakdown
Third party IT services expenditure
Cloud computing budget
ICT budget allocation by function
Outsourced IT functions
ICT investment priorities and vendor satisfaction
Internet of Things (IoT)
Business objectives influencing IT investment strategy
ICT provider selection
Key decision makers for purchasing technology
Sector specific trends
IT expenditure plans for specific technology areas
Technology areas receiving the largest investments
Get in touch to find out about our multi-purchase discounts
Tel +44 (0) 20 7947 2960
Every customer’s requirement is unique. We understand that and can customize the report basis your exact research requirements pertaining to market insights, innovation insights, strategy and planning, and competitive intelligence. You can also avail the option of purchasing stand-alone sections of the report or request for a country specific report.
Still undecided about purchasing this report?
“The GlobalData platform is our go-to tool for intelligence services. GlobalData provides an easy way to access comprehensive intelligence data around multiple sectors, which essentially makes it a one-for-all intelligence platform, for tendering and approaching customers.
GlobalData is very customer orientated, with a high degree of personalised services, which benefits everyday use. The highly detailed project intelligence and forecast reports can be utilised across multiple departments and workflow scopes, from operational to strategic level, and often support strategic decisions. GlobalData Analytics and visualisation solutions has contributed positively when preparing management presentations and strategic papers.”
“COVID-19 has caused significant interference to our business and the COVID-19 intelligence from GlobalData has helped us reach better decisions around strategy. These two highlights have helped enormously to understand the projections into the future concerning our business units, we also utilise the project database to source new projects for Liebherr-Werk to use as an additional source to pitch for new business.”
Your daily news has saved me a lot of time and keeps me up-to-date with what is happening in the market, I like that you almost always have a link to the source origin. We also use your market data in our Strategic Business Process to support our business decisions. By having everything in one place on the Intelligence Center it has saved me a lot of time versus looking on different sources, the alert function also helps with this.
Having used several other market research companies, I find that GlobalData manages to provide that ‘difficult-to-get’ market data that others can’t, as well as very diverse and complete consumer surveys.