Sustainable Tourism in India industry profile provides top-line qualitative and quantitative summary information including: market size (value 2017-22, and forecast to 2027). The profile also contains descriptions of the leading players including key financial metrics and analysis of competitive pressures within the market.
– Sustainable tourism minimizes the negative impacts and maximizes the positive impacts of tourism as an activity while conserving resources or using them wisely to maintain their long-term viability. It takes full account of socioeconomic, cultural, and environmental impacts and addresses the needs of visitors, industry, and host communities. The market scope includes hotels & motels, travel intermediaries (travel agents, direct), food service (commercial food services), and transportation (airlines, passenger rail, road).
– The Indian sustainable tourism market had total revenues of $2.8 billion in 2022, representing a negative compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 4.4% between 2017 and 2022.
– The domestic segment accounted for the market's largest proportion in 2022, with total revenues of $2.2 billion, equivalent to 77.7% of the market's overall value.
– The Indian sustainable tourism market is projected to grow at the highest rate in the Asia-Pacific region, over the forecast period.
– Save time carrying out entry-level research by identifying the size, growth, major segments, and leading players in the sustainable tourism market in India
– Use the Five Forces analysis to determine the competitive intensity and therefore attractiveness of the sustainable tourism market in India
– Leading company profiles reveal details of key sustainable tourism market players’ global operations and financial performance
– Add weight to presentations and pitches by understanding the future growth prospects of the India sustainable tourism market with five year forecasts
Reasons to Buy
– What was the size of the India sustainable tourism market by value in 2022?
– What will be the size of the India sustainable tourism market in 2027?
– What factors are affecting the strength of competition in the India sustainable tourism market?
– How has the market performed over the last five years?
– What are the main segments that make up India's sustainable tourism market?
Table of Contents
1 Executive Summary
1.1. Market value
1.2. Market value forecast
1.3. Category segmentation
1.4. Geography segmentation
1.5. Market rivalry
1.6. Competitive landscape
2 Market Overview
2.1. Market definition
2.2. Market analysis
3 Market Data
3.1. Market value
4 Market Segmentation
4.1. Category segmentation
4.2. Geography segmentation
5 Market Outlook
5.1. Market value forecast
6 Five Forces Analysis
6.2. Buyer power
6.3. Supplier power
6.4. New entrants
6.5. Threat of substitutes
6.6. Degree of rivalry
7 Competitive Landscape
7.1. Who are the leading players?
7.2. What are the leading companies ESG initiatives?
7.3. How is technology used to enable sustainability?
7.4. Are there any other notable players in the sustainable tourism market?
8 Company Profiles
8.1. Accor SA
8.2. Yum! Brands, Inc.
8.3. Expedia Group Inc
8.4. Indian Railways
9 Macroeconomic Indicators
9.1. Country data
10.2. Industry associations
10.3. Related GlobalData research
List of Tables
Table 1: India sustainable tourism market value: $ million, 2017–22
Table 2: India sustainable tourism market category segmentation: % share, by value, 2017–2022
Table 3: India sustainable tourism market category segmentation: $ million, 2017-2022
Table 4: India sustainable tourism market geography segmentation: $ million, 2022
Table 5: India sustainable tourism market value forecast: $ million, 2022–27
Table 6: Accor SA: key facts
Table 7: Accor SA: annual financial ratios
Table 8: Accor SA: key employees
Table 9: Accor SA: key employees Continued
Table 10: Yum! Brands, Inc.: key facts
Table 11: Yum! Brands, Inc.: annual financial ratios
Table 12: Yum! Brands, Inc.: key employees
Table 13: Yum! Brands, Inc.: key employees Continued
Table 14: Expedia Group Inc: key facts
Table 15: Expedia Group Inc: annual financial ratios
Table 16: Expedia Group Inc: key employees
Table 17: Expedia Group Inc: key employees Continued
Table 18: Indian Railways: key facts
Table 19: Indian Railways: key employees
Table 20: India size of population (million), 2018–22
Table 21: India gdp (constant 2005 prices, $ billion), 2018–22
Table 22: India gdp (current prices, $ billion), 2018–22
Table 23: India inflation, 2018–22
Table 24: India consumer price index (absolute), 2018–22
Table 25: India exchange rate, 2018–22
List of Figures
Figure 1: India sustainable tourism market value: $ million, 2017–22
Figure 2: India sustainable tourism market category segmentation: $ million, 2017-2022
Figure 3: India sustainable tourism market geography segmentation: % share, by value, 2022
Figure 4: India sustainable tourism market value forecast: $ million, 2022–27
Figure 5: Forces driving competition in the sustainable tourism market in India, 2022
Figure 6: Drivers of buyer power in the sustainable tourism market in India, 2022
Figure 7: Drivers of supplier power in the sustainable tourism market in India, 2022
Figure 8: Factors influencing the likelihood of new entrants in the sustainable tourism market in India, 2022
Figure 9: Factors influencing the threat of substitutes in the sustainable tourism market in India, 2022
Figure 10: Drivers of degree of rivalry in the sustainable tourism market in India, 2022
Every customer’s requirement is unique. We understand that and can customize the report basis your exact research requirements pertaining to market insights, innovation insights, strategy and planning, and competitive intelligence. You can also avail the option of purchasing stand-alone sections of the report or request for a country specific report.
“The GlobalData platform is our go-to tool for intelligence services. GlobalData provides an easy way to access comprehensive intelligence data around multiple sectors, which essentially makes it a one-for-all intelligence platform, for tendering and approaching customers.
GlobalData is very customer orientated, with a high degree of personalised services, which benefits everyday use. The highly detailed project intelligence and forecast reports can be utilised across multiple departments and workflow scopes, from operational to strategic level, and often support strategic decisions. GlobalData Analytics and visualisation solutions has contributed positively when preparing management presentations and strategic papers.”
“COVID-19 has caused significant interference to our business and the COVID-19 intelligence from GlobalData has helped us reach better decisions around strategy. These two highlights have helped enormously to understand the projections into the future concerning our business units, we also utilise the project database to source new projects for Liebherr-Werk to use as an additional source to pitch for new business.”
Your daily news has saved me a lot of time and keeps me up-to-date with what is happening in the market, I like that you almost always have a link to the source origin. We also use your market data in our Strategic Business Process to support our business decisions. By having everything in one place on the Intelligence Center it has saved me a lot of time versus looking on different sources, the alert function also helps with this.
Having used several other market research companies, I find that GlobalData manages to provide that ‘difficult-to-get’ market data that others can’t, as well as very diverse and complete consumer surveys.