IT Industry Business Confidence Report: H1 2017
GlobalData’s "IT Industry Business Confidence Report: H1 2017" examines executives’ opinion about the business environment during H1 2017. It also highlights existing economic conditions, supplier price variations, sales performance, industry and company growth outlook, spending patterns, and key priorities. Additionally, the report provides information categorized by region.
The existing economic environment is stable for the IT industry during H1 2017 (February 2017-July 2017). Survey results reveal that executives operating in North America project a more favorable opinion about the economic prospects in the region for H1 2017. Significant growth in household spending, rise in GDP rate, increased government infrastructure outlays, growing consumer confidence, and the fall in the unemployment rate, are identified as the key contributing factors to the favorable opinion. Executives foresee an increase in expenditure on new product development over the next six months. Moreover, customer retention, and protecting and growing market share are the main priorities for survey respondents in H1 2017.
What else does this report offer?
– Current state of the global economy: examines prevailing economic conditions globally and across various regions
– Company and industry growth outlook: provides industry executives’ expectations towards the growth prospects of their company and the industry over the next six months
– Change in customer confidence: analyzes IT industry executives’ opinion about the change in customer confidence during H1 2017
– Supplier prices projection: determines expected change in supplier prices across various categories and their impact on business confidence
– Change in staff headcount and sales performance: tracks expected change in staff headcount and sales for H1 2017 among industry executives globally
– Significant investment activities: highlights various areas in which industry executives intend to invest over the next six months
– Business concerns: provides information about potential business concerns indicated by survey respondents for H1 2017
– Key priorities: identifies the top priorities of industry executives operating in various regions
– In total, 49% of survey respondents state that the current economic environment is stable, whereas 33% of respondents indicate that the economic condition is very favorable or favorable
– The majority of executives operating in North America have a more favorable opinion about their region
– The positive outlook towards company growth over the next six months is highest among executives with business operations in North America
– On average, IT industry executives project an increase of 3.3% in supplier prices for software products over the next six months
– Customer retention, protecting and growing market share, and improving operational efficiency are the main priorities for survey respondents in H1 2017.
Reasons to Buy
– Helps organizations to make effective business strategy decisions by knowing the prevailing business conditions and sentiment within the IT industry
– Organizations will be supported in business expansion decisions by providing information about projected change in sales performance and supplier prices
– Helps to improve operational efficiency of the organization by knowing about key priorities and the main concerns of IT industry executives
– Helps to alter investment allocation by understanding key focus areas highlighted by survey respondents during H1 2017
Table of Contents
Table of Contents
Definitions and abbreviations
Methodology and sample size
Economic state, growth prospects, and consumer confidence
Existing economic environment
Industry and company growth outlook
Expected change in consumer confidence
Supplier prices, staff headcount, and sales performance
Supplier prices expectations
Anticipated change in staff head count and sales projections
Anticipated change in spend on key activities
Business concerns and organizational priorities
Level of concerns and expected impact
Significance of potential business priorities
List of Figures
List of Figures
Figure 1: Current economic condition – Overall
Figure 2: Current economic condition – Region
Figure 3: Current economic condition – Those who operate and do not operate in a region
Figure 4: Industry and company growth prospects – Overall
Figure 5: Industry and company growth prospects – Overall – In detail
Figure 6: Industry and company growth prospects – Region
Figure 7: Anticipated variation in consumer confidence – Overall
Figure 8: Anticipated variation in consumer confidence – Region
Figure 9: Projected change in supplier prices – Software – Overall and regional
Figure 10: Projected change in supplier prices – Hardware – Overall and regional
Figure 11: Projected change in supplier prices – Power and Energy – Overall and regional
Figure 12: Projected change in supplier prices – Technology – Overall and regional
Figure 13: Staff headcount and sales outlook – Regional
Figure 14: Expenditure projection on key activities – Overall
Figure 15: Top five business concerns – Region
Figure 16: Business concerns – Overall and regional – A
Figure 17: Business concerns – Overall and regional – B
Figure 18: Business concerns – Overall and regional – C
Figure 19: Top five organizational priorities – Region
Figure 20: Organizational priorities – Overall and region
Get in touch to find out about our multi-purchase discounts
Tel +44 (0) 20 7947 2960
Every customer’s requirement is unique. We understand that and can customize the report basis your exact research requirements pertaining to market insights, innovation insights, strategy and planning, and competitive intelligence. You can also avail the option of purchasing stand-alone sections of the report or request for a country specific report.
Still undecided about purchasing this report?
“The GlobalData platform is our go-to tool for intelligence services. GlobalData provides an easy way to access comprehensive intelligence data around multiple sectors, which essentially makes it a one-for-all intelligence platform, for tendering and approaching customers.
GlobalData is very customer orientated, with a high degree of personalised services, which benefits everyday use. The highly detailed project intelligence and forecast reports can be utilised across multiple departments and workflow scopes, from operational to strategic level, and often support strategic decisions. GlobalData Analytics and visualisation solutions has contributed positively when preparing management presentations and strategic papers.”
“COVID-19 has caused significant interference to our business and the COVID-19 intelligence from GlobalData has helped us reach better decisions around strategy. These two highlights have helped enormously to understand the projections into the future concerning our business units, we also utilise the project database to source new projects for Liebherr-Werk to use as an additional source to pitch for new business.”
Your daily news has saved me a lot of time and keeps me up-to-date with what is happening in the market, I like that you almost always have a link to the source origin. We also use your market data in our Strategic Business Process to support our business decisions. By having everything in one place on the Intelligence Center it has saved me a lot of time versus looking on different sources, the alert function also helps with this.
Having used several other market research companies, I find that GlobalData manages to provide that ‘difficult-to-get’ market data that others can’t, as well as very diverse and complete consumer surveys.