Malaysia Packaging Market Size, Analyzing Material Type, Innovations and Forecast to 2027
All the vital news, analysis, and commentary curated by our industry experts.
Malaysia Packaging Market Overview
The Malaysia packaging market size was valued at 19.4 billion units in 2022. The market is anticipated to register a CAGR of more than 3% during 2022-2027. This report brings together multiple data sources to provide a comprehensive overview of the packaging industry in Malaysia, as part of our coverage of the industry across 50 countries. In addition, the Malaysia packaging market research report provides an overview of the usage of different packaging materials across different industries in terms of the number of units, packaging share, and growth rates during 2017–27, in addition to key packaging innovations for key industries in each of the categories analyzed. The report also includes data and analysis for five-pack materials across several sectors.
Malaysia Packaging Market Overview, 2022-2027 (Billion Units)
For more insights on the Malaysia packaging market forecasts, download a free sample report
Malaysia Packaging Market Segmentation by Pack Material
The key pack materials in the Malaysia packaging market are rigid plastics, rigid metal, paper & board, flexible packaging, and glass. In 2022, the flexible packaging segment dominated the Malaysia packaging market share, followed by, rigid plastics, and paper and board segment. Additionally, flexible packaging is anticipated to record the fastest growth, during the forecast period.
Malaysia Packaging Market Analysis by Pack Material, 2022 (%)
For more pack material insights in the Malaysia packaging market, download a free sample
Malaysia Packaging Market Segmentation by Industry
The key industries using pack materials in the Malaysia packaging market are food, alcoholic beverages, non-alcoholic beverages, cosmetics & toiletries, and other industries. The packaging industry in Malaysia is characterized by its strong use in the food industry, which accounted for a share of more than 67% in 2022. The demand for flexible packaging in food products is mostly attributed to its high consumption in dried food, pasta & noodles and fish & sea food wherein consumers prefer products that provide the benefits of safe delivery and ease of transportation.
For more industry insights in the Malaysia packaging market, download a free sample
Malaysia Packaging Market Outlook
|Market Size (2022)
|19.4 billion units
|Key Pack Materials
|Rigid Plastics, Rigid Metal, Paper & Board, Flexible Packaging, and Glass
|Food, Alcoholic Beverages, Non-Alcoholic Beverages, Cosmetics & Toiletries, and Other Industries
Key Segments Covered in this Report
Malaysia Packaging Market by Pack Material Outlook (Volume, Billion Units, 2017-2027)
- Rigid plastics
- Rigid metal
- Paper & board
- Flexible packaging
Malaysia Packaging Market by Industry Outlook (Volume, Billion Units, 2022-2027)
- Alcoholic Beverages
- Non-Alcoholic Beverages
- Cosmetics & Toiletries
- Other industries
This report provides:
- Multiple data sources to provide a comprehensive overview of the Packaging industry in Malaysia.
- Overview of the usage of different packaging materials across different industries in terms of the number of units, packaging share, and growth rates, in addition to key packaging innovations for key industries in each of the categories analyzed.
- Overview of the shift in the utilization of various pack materials across sectors.
- Data and analysis including the number of units (millions) and growth rates for five pack materials viz. rigid plastics, rigid metal, glass, paper & board, flexible packaging, and others.
- Pack sub-type, pack type, closure material, closure type, primary outer material, and primary outer type.
Reasons to Buy
- Manufacturers and retailers seek the latest information on how the market is evolving to formulate their sales and marketing strategies. There is also a demand for authentic market data with a high level of detail.
- This report has been created to provide its readers with up-to-date information and analysis to uncover emerging opportunities for growth within the sector in the region.
- The report provides a detailed analysis of the countries in the region, covering the key challenges, competitive landscape, and demographic analysis, that can help companies gain insight into the country-specific nuances.
- The analysts have also placed a significant emphasis on the key trends that drive consumer choice and the future opportunities that can be explored in the region, which can help companies in revenue expansion.
- To gain competitive intelligence about leading brands in the sector in the region with information about their market share and growth rates.
Table of Contents
- 1. Market Environment
- 1.1. Market Environment- Key Takeaways
- 1.2. Pack Material Market- Overview
- 1.3. Pack Materials Market Size and Growth Analysis
- 1.4. Pack Material Growth Contribution by Industry
- 1.5. Market Size by Pack Material and Industry
- 2. Growth Analysis of Pack Material by Industry and Sector
- 2.1. Pack Material by Industry – Key takeaways
- 2.2. Packaging Share Change by Material and Industry
- 2.3. Growth Analysis by Industry – Food
- 2.4. Growth Analysis by Industry – Alcoholic Beverages
- 2.5. Growth Analysis by Industry – Non-Alcoholic Beverages
- 2.6. Growth Analysis by Industry – Cosmetics & Toiletries
- 2.7. Growth Analysis by Industry – Others
- 3. Analysis by Pack Material – Rigid Plastics
- 3.1. Rigid Plastics by Industries- Key Takeaways
- 3.2. Rigid Plastics– Growth analysis by pack type and pack sub type
- 3.3. Rigid Plastics– Growth analysis by closure material and closure type
- 3.4. Rigid Plastics– Growth analysis by primary outer material and primary outer type
- 3.5. Rigid Plastics– Volume share by industries and sectors
- 3.6. Rigid Plastics- Growth analysis by industries
- 3.7. Rigid Plastics- Innovative packaging by industries
- 4. Analysis by Pack Material – Rigid Metal
- 4.1. Rigid Metal by Industries- Key Takeaways
- 4.2. Rigid Metal – Growth analysis by pack type and pack sub type
- 4.3. Rigid Metal – Growth analysis by closure material and closure type
- 4.4. Rigid Metal – Growth analysis by primary outer material and primary outer type
- 4.5. Rigid Metal – Volume share by industries and sectors
- 4.6. Rigid Metal – Growth analysis by industries
- 4.7. Rigid Metal – Innovative packaging by industries
- 5. Analysis by Pack Material – Paper & Board
- 5.1. Paper & Board by Industries- Key Takeaways
- 5.2. Paper & Board– Growth analysis by pack type and pack sub type
- 5.3. Paper & Board– Growth analysis by closure material and closure type
- 5.4. Paper & Board– Growth analysis by primary outer material and primary outer type
- 5.5. Paper & Board– Volume share by industries and sectors
- 5.6. Paper & Board – Growth analysis by industries
- 5.7. Paper & Board- Innovative packaging by industries
- 6. Analysis by Pack Material – Analysis by Pack Material – Flexible Packaging
- 6.1. Flexible Packaging by Industries- Key Takeaways
- 6.2. Flexible Packaging– Growth analysis by pack type and pack sub type
- 6.3. Flexible Packaging– Growth analysis by closure material and closure type
- 6.4. Flexible Packaging– Growth analysis by primary outer material and primary outer type
- 6.5. Flexible Packaging– Volume share by industries and sectors
- 6.6. Flexible Packaging- Growth analysis by industries
- 6.7. Flexible Packaging- Innovative packaging by industries
- 7. Analysis by Pack Material – Glass
- 7.1. Glass by Industries- Key Takeaways
- 7.2. Glass– Growth analysis by pack type and pack sub type
- 7.3. Glass– Growth analysis by closure material and closure type
- 7.4. Glass– Growth analysis by primary outer material and primary outer type
- 7.5. Glass– Volume share by industries and sectors
- 7.6. Glass- Growth analysis by industries
- 7.7. Glass- Innovative packaging by industries
- 8. Appendix and Definitions
- 8.1. Appendix
- 8.2. Definitions
- 9. Methodology
Frequently asked questions
What was the Malaysia packaging market size in 2022?
The Malaysia packaging market size was valued at 19.4 billion units in 2022.
What is the Malaysia packaging market growth rate during 2022-2027?
The Malaysia packaging market will register a CAGR of more than 3% during 2022-2027.
Which segment accounted for the largest Malaysia packaging market share in 2022?
In 2022, the flexible packaging segment dominated the Malaysia packaging market in 2022.
Which industry dominated the Malaysia packaging market in 2022?
The food industry dominated the Malaysia packaging market in 2022.
Tel +44 20 7947 2745
Every customer’s requirement is unique. With over 220,000 construction projects tracked, we can create a tailored dataset for you based on the types of projects you are looking for. Please get in touch with your specific requirements and we can send you a quote.
Business Intelligence & Marketing Manager, SAL Heavy Lift
“The GlobalData platform is our go-to tool for intelligence services. GlobalData provides an easy way to access comprehensive intelligence data around multiple sectors, which essentially makes it a one-for-all intelligence platform, for tendering and approaching customers.
GlobalData is very customer orientated, with a high degree of personalised services, which benefits everyday use. The highly detailed project intelligence and forecast reports can be utilised across multiple departments and workflow scopes, from operational to strategic level, and often support strategic decisions. GlobalData Analytics and visualisation solutions has contributed positively when preparing management presentations and strategic papers.”
Market Analyst & Management, Liebherr-Werk
“COVID-19 has caused significant interference to our business and the COVID-19 intelligence from GlobalData has helped us reach better decisions around strategy. These two highlights have helped enormously to understand the projections into the future concerning our business units, we also utilise the project database to source new projects for Liebherr-Werk to use as an additional source to pitch for new business.”
Head of Key Accounts, Saab AB
Your daily news has saved me a lot of time and keeps me up-to-date with what is happening in the market, I like that you almost always have a link to the source origin. We also use your market data in our Strategic Business Process to support our business decisions. By having everything in one place on the Intelligence Center it has saved me a lot of time versus looking on different sources, the alert function also helps with this.
Marketing Intelligence Manager, Portugal Foods
Having used several other market research companies, I find that GlobalData manages to provide that ‘difficult-to-get’ market data that others can’t, as well as very diverse and complete consumer surveys.
Head of Customer Insight and Research, Standard Chartered
Our experience with GlobalData has been very good, from the platform itself to the people. I find that the analysts and the account team have a high level of customer focus and responsiveness and therefore I can always rely on. The platform is more holistic than other providers. It is convenient and almost like a one stop shop. The pricing suite is highly competitive and value for our organisation.
I like reports that inform new segments such as the analysis on generation Z, millennials, the impact of COVID 19 to our banking customers and their new channel habits. Secondly the specialist insight on affluent sector significantly increases our understanding about this group of customers. The combination of those give us depth and breadth of the evolving market.
I’m in the business of answering and helping people make decisions so with the intelligence center I can do that, effectively and efficiently. I can share quickly key insights that answer and satisfy our country stakeholders by giving them many quality studies and primary research about competitive landscape beyond the outlook of our bank. It helps me be seen as an advisory partner and that makes a big difference. A big benefit of our subscription is that no one holds the whole data and because it allows so many people, so many different parts of our organisation have access, it enables all teams to have the same level of knowledge and decision support.
Head of Consumer Sensory Insights, Givaudan
“I know that I can always rely on Globaldata’s work when I’m searching for the right consumer and market insights. I use Globaldata insights to understand the changing market & consumer landscape and help create better taste & wellbeing solutions for our customers in food, beverage and healthcare industries.
Globaldata has the right data and the reports are of very high quality compared to your competitors. Globaldata not only has overall market sizes & consumer insights on food & beverages but also provides insights at the ingredient & flavour level. That is key for B2B companies like Givaudan. This way we understand our customers’ business and also gain insight to our unique industry”
Senior Account Manager, TSYS
GlobalData provides a great range of information and reports on various sectors that is highly relevant, timely, easy to access and utilise. The reports and data dashboards help engagement with clients; they provide valuable industry and market insights that can enrich client conversations and can help in the shaping of value propositions. Moreover, using GlobalData products has helped increase my knowledge of the finance sector, the players within it, and the general threats and opportunities.
I find the consumer surveys that are carried out to be extremely beneficial and not something I have seen anywhere else. They provided an insightful view of why and which consumers take (or don’t) particular financial products. This can help shape conversations with clients to ensure they make the right strategic decisions for their business.
One of the challenges I have found is that data in the payments space is often piecemeal. With GD all of the data I need is in one place, but it also comes with additional market reports that provide useful extra context and information. Having the ability to set-up alerts on relevant movements in the industry, be it competitors or customers, and have them emailed directly to me, ensures I get early sight of industry activity and don’t have to search for news.