Military Rotorcraft Market Size and Trend Analysis including Segments, Programs, Competitive Landscape and Forecast to 2033
All the vital news, analysis, and commentary curated by our industry experts.
Military Rotorcraft Market Overview
The military rotorcraft market size is valued at $19.4 billion in 2023 and is expected to grow at a CAGR of more than 3% during 2023-2033. The Asia-Pacific region, supported by China, India, South Korea, and Australia’s multi-year procurement programs, is expected to maintain its leading position globally, exhibiting a steady pace of growth over the forecast period. The modernization drives initiated by leading countries in the region to replace aging fleets and develop domestic rotorcraft R&D and manufacturing capabilities are anticipated to drive the regional growth over the next decade.
Military Rotorcraft Market Outlook, 2023-2033 ($ billion)
To gain more information on the military rotorcraft market forecast, download a free report sample
The military rotorcraft market research report covers industry analysis, including the key market drivers, trends, emerging technologies, and major challenges faced by industry participants. It also offers insights regarding key factors and government programs that are expected to influence the demand for the military rotorcraft market over the forecast period.
|Market Size (2023)
|· Transport and Utility Helicopter
· Maritime Helicopter
· Attack Helicopter
· North America
· Middle East
· Latin America
|· Lockheed Martin Corp
· The Boeing Co
· Airbus SE
· Rostec Corp
· Aviation Industry Corporation of China Ltd
|Enquire & Decide
|Discover the perfect solution for your business needs. Enquire now and let us help you make an informed decision before making a purchase.
Military Rotorcraft Market Dynamics
Rapid advancements in the fields of stealth, speed, load capacity, and design have rendered most of the legacy, erstwhile state-of-the-art rotorcraft fleets, obsolete and, in several cases, unsuitable for modern combat, thus necessitating the procurement of new helicopter variants. The need to operate in a network-centric combat environment with advanced electronic warfare and communication systems is another major influencer anticipated to drive investment in advanced rotorcraft programs worldwide. Countries such as the US, Russia, China, and India have initiated major procurement programs to replenish their legacy fleets with new helicopters, replete with the latest avionics and flight features.
The increasing complexity and cost of military rotorcraft development are necessitating international cooperation as countries seek to share the costs and risks of developing and acquiring new rotorcraft. This trend of collaboration brings forth numerous benefits in helicopter development. Firstly, international cooperation can help countries pool their resources and expertise, which can lead to the development of more capable and affordable rotorcraft. Additionally, collaborations foster faster development timelines while also allowing the countries to customize the helicopters to align with their unique requirements. In addition to developmental efforts, governments are also collaborating to locally manufacture foreign rotorcraft to reduce manufacturing costs and develop their indigenous industrial base.
Military Rotorcraft Market Segments
The key segments in the military rotorcraft market are transport and utility helicopter, maritime helicopter, and attack helicopter. Over 2023-33, the military rotorcraft market is expected to be dominated by the transport and utility helicopter segment. North America ranks first in the transport and utility helicopter segment. The North American military transport and utility helicopter segment is expected to experience significant growth, primarily driven by prominent US programs such as the UH-60M Black Hawk Program and the CH-47F Chinook Helicopter Procurement.
Military Rotorcraft Market Analysis by Segments, 2023-2033 (%)
For more segment insights into the military rotorcraft market, download a free report sample
Military Rotorcraft Market Segmentation by Regions
The key regions in the military rotorcraft market are Asia-Pacific, North America, Europe, the Middle East, Africa, and Latin America. The market is expected to be led by APAC over the forecast period. China is the largest market in the Asia-Pacific region. China’s involvement in all flashpoint zones in the region, right from its borders with India to the South China Sea, involving Indonesia, Malaysia, the Philippines, Taiwan, and Vietnam, as well as traditional conflicts with South Korea and Japan, ensures the necessity for a large fleet capacity and continuous technology enhancements.
North America is anticipated to be the next largest market for military rotorcraft. Investment in the rotorcraft domain in the region is primarily driven by forward-looking development programs such as the Future Attack Reconnaissance Aircraft and the Future Long Range Assault Aircraft (FLRAA).
Military Rotorcraft Market Analysis by Regions, 2023-2023 (%)
For more regional insights into the military rotorcraft market, download a free report sample
Military Rotorcraft Market - Competitive Landscape
Some of the leading companies in the military rotorcraft market are Lockheed Martin Corp, Boeing Co, Airbus SE, Rostec Corp, and Aviation Industry Corporation of China Ltd among others.
Segments Covered in the Report
Military Rotorcraft Segments Outlook (Value, $ Billion, 2023-2033)
- Transport and Utility Helicopter
- Maritime Helicopter
- Attack Helicopter
Military Rotorcraft Regional Outlook (Value, $ Billion, 2023-2033)
- North America
- Middle East
- Latin America
In particular, the report provides an in-depth analysis of the following –
- Market Size and Drivers: Detailed analysis during 2023-2033, including the demand drivers and growth stimulators. It also provides a snapshot of the spending and modernization patterns of different regions around the world.
- Recent Developments and Industry Challenges: Insights into technological developments and a detailed analysis of the existing military rotorcraft programs being executed and planned worldwide. It also provides trends of the changing industry structure and the challenges faced by industry participants.
- Regional Highlights: The study of the key markets in each region, providing an analysis of the key segments of the market that are expected to be in demand.
- Major Programs: Details of the key programs in each segment, which are expected to be executed during 2023-2033.
- Competitive landscape and strategic insights: analysis of the competitive landscape of the global military rotorcraft market. It provides an overview of key players, their strategic initiatives, and financial analysis.
• The global Military Rotorcraft market is expected to grow at a CAGR of 3.8% over the forecast period.
• The global Military Rotorcraft market is classified into three categories: Transport and Utility Helicopter, Attack Helicopter and Maritime Helicopter.
• Asia-Pacific is expected to dominate the global military rotorcraft market over the forecast period with a market share of 31.7%, followed by North America and European regions.
• Transport and Utility Helicopter is expected to be the largest segment among other military rotorcraft categories over the forecast period.
Reasons to Buy
- Determine prospective investment areas based on a detailed trend analysis of the global military rotorcraft over the next ten years.
- Gain an in-depth understanding of the underlying factors driving demand for different military rotorcraft segments in the top spending countries across the world and identify the opportunities offered by each of them.
- Strengthen your understanding of the market in terms of demand drivers, industry trends, and the latest technological developments, among others.
- Identify the major channels that are driving the global military rotorcraft market, providing a clear picture of future opportunities that can be tapped, resulting in revenue expansion.
- Channelize resources by focusing on the ongoing programs that are being undertaken by the defense ministries of different countries within the global military rotorcraft market.
- Make correct business decisions based on in-depth analysis of the competitive landscape consisting of detailed profiles of the top military rotorcraft solution providers around the world. The company profiles also include information about the key products, alliances, recent contracts awarded, and financial analysis, wherever available.
The Boeing Co
Hindustan Aeronautics Limited
Aviation Industry Corporation of China
Korea Aerospace Industries Ltd
Turkish Aerospace Industries
Mitsubishi Heavy Industries Ltd.
Table of Contents
- 1. Executive Summary
- 2. Global Military Rotorcraft Market: Overview
- 3. Market Dynamics
- 3.1. Demand Drivers
- 3.2. Trends
- 3.3. Technological Developments
- 3.4. Key Challenges
- 4. Global Military Rotorcraft Market: Segment Analysis
- 4.1. Segment Analysis: Transport and Utility Helicopter
- 4.2. Segment Analysis: Attack Helicopter
- 4.3. Segment Analysis: Maritime Helicopter
- 5. Global Military Rotorcraft Market – Regional Analysis
- 6. Global Military Rotorcraft – Regional Overview
- 7. Regional Analysis: Asia-Pacific
- 7.1. Supplier share analysis
- 7.2. Leading countries in the region
- 7.3. Regional volume share
- 8. Regional Analysis: North America
- 8.1. Supplier share analysis
- 8.2. Leading countries in the region
- 8.3. Regional volume share
- 9. Regional Analysis: Europe
- 9.1. Supplier share analysis
- 9.2. Leading countries in the region
- 9.3. Regional volume share
- 10. Regional Analysis: Middle East
- 10.1. Supplier share analysis
- 10.2. Leading countries in the region
- 10.3. Regional volume share
- 11. Regional Analysis: Africa
- 11.1. Supplier share analysis
- 11.2. Leading countries in the region
- 11.3. Regional volume share
- 12. Regional Analysis: Latin America
- 12.1. Supplier share analysis
- 12.2. Leading countries in the region
- 12.3. Regional volume share
- 13. Competitive Landscape and Key Programs
- 14. Leading Market Players
- 15. Key Programs
Frequently asked questions
What is the size of the military rotorcraft market in 2023?
The military rotorcraft market size is valued at $19.4 billion in 2023.
What is the growth rate of the military rotorcraft market?
The military rotorcraft market is expected to grow at a CAGR of more than 3% during 2023-2033.
Which segment will account for the highest share of the military rotorcraft market?
Over 2023-33, the military rotorcraft market is expected to be dominated by the transport and utility helicopter segment.
Which region will lead the military rotorcraft market?
The global military rotorcraft market over the forecast period is expected to be led by APAC.
Which are the leading companies in the military rotorcraft market?
Some of the leading companies in the military rotorcraft market are Lockheed Martin Corp, Boeing Co, Airbus SE, Rostec Corp, and Aviation Industry Corporation of China Ltd.
Tel +44 20 7947 2745
Every customer’s requirement is unique. With over 220,000 construction projects tracked, we can create a tailored dataset for you based on the types of projects you are looking for. Please get in touch with your specific requirements and we can send you a quote.
Business Intelligence & Marketing Manager, SAL Heavy Lift
“The GlobalData platform is our go-to tool for intelligence services. GlobalData provides an easy way to access comprehensive intelligence data around multiple sectors, which essentially makes it a one-for-all intelligence platform, for tendering and approaching customers.
GlobalData is very customer orientated, with a high degree of personalised services, which benefits everyday use. The highly detailed project intelligence and forecast reports can be utilised across multiple departments and workflow scopes, from operational to strategic level, and often support strategic decisions. GlobalData Analytics and visualisation solutions has contributed positively when preparing management presentations and strategic papers.”
Market Analyst & Management, Liebherr-Werk
“COVID-19 has caused significant interference to our business and the COVID-19 intelligence from GlobalData has helped us reach better decisions around strategy. These two highlights have helped enormously to understand the projections into the future concerning our business units, we also utilise the project database to source new projects for Liebherr-Werk to use as an additional source to pitch for new business.”
Head of Key Accounts, Saab AB
Your daily news has saved me a lot of time and keeps me up-to-date with what is happening in the market, I like that you almost always have a link to the source origin. We also use your market data in our Strategic Business Process to support our business decisions. By having everything in one place on the Intelligence Center it has saved me a lot of time versus looking on different sources, the alert function also helps with this.
Marketing Intelligence Manager, Portugal Foods
Having used several other market research companies, I find that GlobalData manages to provide that ‘difficult-to-get’ market data that others can’t, as well as very diverse and complete consumer surveys.
Head of Customer Insight and Research, Standard Chartered
Our experience with GlobalData has been very good, from the platform itself to the people. I find that the analysts and the account team have a high level of customer focus and responsiveness and therefore I can always rely on. The platform is more holistic than other providers. It is convenient and almost like a one stop shop. The pricing suite is highly competitive and value for our organisation.
I like reports that inform new segments such as the analysis on generation Z, millennials, the impact of COVID 19 to our banking customers and their new channel habits. Secondly the specialist insight on affluent sector significantly increases our understanding about this group of customers. The combination of those give us depth and breadth of the evolving market.
I’m in the business of answering and helping people make decisions so with the intelligence center I can do that, effectively and efficiently. I can share quickly key insights that answer and satisfy our country stakeholders by giving them many quality studies and primary research about competitive landscape beyond the outlook of our bank. It helps me be seen as an advisory partner and that makes a big difference. A big benefit of our subscription is that no one holds the whole data and because it allows so many people, so many different parts of our organisation have access, it enables all teams to have the same level of knowledge and decision support.
Head of Consumer Sensory Insights, Givaudan
“I know that I can always rely on Globaldata’s work when I’m searching for the right consumer and market insights. I use Globaldata insights to understand the changing market & consumer landscape and help create better taste & wellbeing solutions for our customers in food, beverage and healthcare industries.
Globaldata has the right data and the reports are of very high quality compared to your competitors. Globaldata not only has overall market sizes & consumer insights on food & beverages but also provides insights at the ingredient & flavour level. That is key for B2B companies like Givaudan. This way we understand our customers’ business and also gain insight to our unique industry”
Senior Account Manager, TSYS
GlobalData provides a great range of information and reports on various sectors that is highly relevant, timely, easy to access and utilise. The reports and data dashboards help engagement with clients; they provide valuable industry and market insights that can enrich client conversations and can help in the shaping of value propositions. Moreover, using GlobalData products has helped increase my knowledge of the finance sector, the players within it, and the general threats and opportunities.
I find the consumer surveys that are carried out to be extremely beneficial and not something I have seen anywhere else. They provided an insightful view of why and which consumers take (or don’t) particular financial products. This can help shape conversations with clients to ensure they make the right strategic decisions for their business.
One of the challenges I have found is that data in the payments space is often piecemeal. With GD all of the data I need is in one place, but it also comes with additional market reports that provide useful extra context and information. Having the ability to set-up alerts on relevant movements in the industry, be it competitors or customers, and have them emailed directly to me, ensures I get early sight of industry activity and don’t have to search for news.