Novartis AG – Digital Transformation Strategies
Novartis AG Digital Transformation Strategies Report Overview
Novartis has been focusing on AI and data analytics technologies as a part of its digital transformation strategies. The annual ICT spending of Novartis was estimated at $2.2 billion in 2022. A major share of this spending is earmarked for acquiring network and communications, ICT services, and hardware from vendors. Novartis is a pharmaceutical company engaged in discovery, development, manufacturing, and marketing of prescription and generic pharmaceutical products.
|Total ICT Spending 2022||$2.2 billion|
|ICT Spend by Function||Communications, Data Center, Network, Application, End-User Computing, Service Desk, and Management|
|ICT Spend by Channel||Internal Development and Maintenance, Technology Vendors (Direct), Local Resellers, Telcos, ICT Services Providers/Consulting Firms, Specialist Outsourcers, and Systems integrators|
|External ICT Spend by Segment||ICT services, Software (including Cloud SaaS), Hardware (including Cloud Iaas), Network and communications, Consulting, and Others|
|Technology Theme Focus||Artificial Intelligence, Big Data, Cloud Computing, IoT and Alternative Reality|
The Novartis Digital Transformation Strategies report will act as a reference point to understand a company/competitor’s digital strategy. It will also help in understanding the digital preparedness of the company against its peers. Information included in these reports are sourced from a mix of our very own internal database and authentic secondary research links such as company’s annual report, presentations, press releases etc. The report covers overview of the company, its digital transformation strategies, technology focus areas, technology initiatives, technology introductions, investments, acquisitions, ICT spending among others.
Digital Transformation Strategies
Novartis is harnessing the power of big data, artificial intelligence, machine learning and predictive analytics to transform the healthcare ecosystem and achieve better health outcomes. The company is increasingly integrating data science and affiliated digital technologies into all aspects of work from improving and streamlining research and development processes to improving manufacturing efficiency and serving its customers more effectively. Novartis is collaborating with big tech companies such as Microsoft, ConcertAI, and Amazon to accelerate its efforts toward the development of AI driven solutions and to explore potential applications of AI across its value chain ranging from drug discovery to development to commercialization.
To gain more insights on digital transformation strategies and initiatives of Novartis, download a free report sample
Novartis Technology Theme Focus
Novartis is utilizing number of emerging technologies including artificial intelligence, big data, cloud computing, IoT and alternative reality to improve operational efficiency, enhance service capabilities and develop novel drugs and treatments.
Novartis Technology Focus
To know about other technology themes under focus for the company, download a free report sample
Novartis Technology Initiatives
Novartis has been involved in several strategic technology partnerships and collaborations, technology developments and roll outs, acquisitions, and technology investments over the past few years. For instance, Novartis partnered with RetinAI, a Germany based company involved in developing AI applications and models for optimizing research and pharmaceutical workflows in ophthalmology. Under the terms of the partnership, Novartis will use RetinAI’s AI tools and IT solutions in multiple projects in ophthalmology and digital health to understand ophthalmology diseases comprehensively and offer better care to patients.
For more insights on other technology initiatives of Novartis, download a free report sample
Novartis ICT Spend by Function
- Data center
- End-user computing
- Service desk
Novartis ICT Spend by Function, 2022
For more insights on ICT spending by function, download a free report sample
Novartis ICT Spend by Channel
- Internal development and maintenance (IT staff)
- Technology vendors (direct)
- Local resellers
- ICT services providers/Consulting firms
- Specialist outsourcers
- Systems integrators
Novartis ICT Spend by Channel, 2022
For more insights on ICT spending by channel, download a free report sample
Novartis External ICT Spend by Segment
- ICT services
- Software (including Cloud SaaS)
- Hardware (including Cloud Iaas)
- Network and communications
Novartis External ICT Spend by Segment, 2022
For more insights on external ICT spending by segment, download a free report sample
This report provides:
- Insight into Novartis’s technology activities.
- Insights of its digital transformation strategies and technology center & innovation program.
- Overview of technology initiatives covering partnerships, investments, and acquisitions.
- Insights on each technology initiative including technology theme, objective, and benefits.
- Details of estimated ICT budgets and major ICT contracts.
Reasons to Buy
- Gain insights into Novartis’s technology operations.
- Gain insights into its technology strategies and innovation initiatives.
- Gain insights into its technology themes under focus.
- Gain insights into its various partnerships, investments, and acquisitions.
Table of Contents
- – Brief information about the company, its business divisions, and its financials
- Digital Transformation Strategy
- – A summary of key digital strategies/implementation efforts of the company
- Accelerators, Incubators, and Other Innovation Programs
- – Discusses the company’s key strategic units, innovation labs, incubation and accelerator programs dedicated to technology innovation
- Technology Focus
- – Lists the technology themes pertinent to the industry the company operates in and highlights the themes adopted by the company
- Technology Initiatives
- – Discussion about all the technology introductions & partnerships the company has entered
- Venture Arm: Novartis Venture Fund (NVF)
- – Brief information about the Company’s Ventures and it’s the key decision makers
- – Brief discussion about the investments made by the company to acquire new technologies
- – Brief discussion about the acquisitions by the company
- Partnership and Investment Network Map
- – A bird’s eye view of all the partnerships/investments/acquisitions that the company has made in the last 3-5 years
- ICT Budget and Contracts
- – The company’s ICT budget segregated into hardware, software, and managed IT services
- Key Executives
- – Lists key executives and Digital Transformation Executives of the company, typically the key decision makers/influencers
Frequently Asked Questions
The annual ICT spending of Novartis was estimated at $2.2 billion in 2022.
Communications was the leading ICT spending category by function for Novartis in 2022.
Internal development and maintenance was the leading ICT spending category by channel for Novartis in 2022.
ICT services was the leading external ICT spending categories by segment for Novartis in 2022.
The key technological theme in focus for Novartis are artificial intelligence, big data, cloud computing, IoT and alternative reality.
Get in touch to find out about our multi-purchase discounts
Tel +44 (0) 20 7947 2960
Every customer’s requirement is unique. We understand that and can customize the report basis your exact research requirements pertaining to market insights, innovation insights, strategy and planning, and competitive intelligence. You can also avail the option of purchasing stand-alone sections of the report or request for a country specific report.
Still undecided about purchasing this report?
“The GlobalData platform is our go-to tool for intelligence services. GlobalData provides an easy way to access comprehensive intelligence data around multiple sectors, which essentially makes it a one-for-all intelligence platform, for tendering and approaching customers.
GlobalData is very customer orientated, with a high degree of personalised services, which benefits everyday use. The highly detailed project intelligence and forecast reports can be utilised across multiple departments and workflow scopes, from operational to strategic level, and often support strategic decisions. GlobalData Analytics and visualisation solutions has contributed positively when preparing management presentations and strategic papers.”
“COVID-19 has caused significant interference to our business and the COVID-19 intelligence from GlobalData has helped us reach better decisions around strategy. These two highlights have helped enormously to understand the projections into the future concerning our business units, we also utilise the project database to source new projects for Liebherr-Werk to use as an additional source to pitch for new business.”
Your daily news has saved me a lot of time and keeps me up-to-date with what is happening in the market, I like that you almost always have a link to the source origin. We also use your market data in our Strategic Business Process to support our business decisions. By having everything in one place on the Intelligence Center it has saved me a lot of time versus looking on different sources, the alert function also helps with this.
Having used several other market research companies, I find that GlobalData manages to provide that ‘difficult-to-get’ market data that others can’t, as well as very diverse and complete consumer surveys.