Opportunities in the Americas Prepared Meals Sector
All the vital news, analysis, and commentary curated by our industry experts.
The prepared meals sector in the Americas was the third largest market globally with a value share of 28.7% in 2018. It was valued at US$26,072.6 million in 2018 and is expected to grow at a CAGR of 3.8% during 2018-2023. Ready meals was the largest category in the sector, accounting for 67.2% of overall value sales in the same year. The Americas prepared meals market was fairly consolidated with the top five companies accounting for just 49% of overall value sales in 2018. Hypermarkets & supermarkets was the leading distribution channel in the region with a total value share of 74.2%, while rigid plastics was the most commonly used pack material in the sector.
This report brings together multiple data sources to provide a comprehensive overview of the region's prepared meals sector. It includes market overview, high growth country analysis, top brands, key distribution channels, packaging formats and case studies.
This report brings together multiple data sources to provide a comprehensive overview of the Americas prepared meals sector. It includes analysis on the following –
– Sector overview: Provides an overview of the sector size, value, and volume growth analysis, across regions.
– Change in consumption: Analysis on the shift in consumption of prepared meals products by categories across the key countries in the Americas region.
– High potential countries: Provides risk-reward analysis of top four high potential countries in the Americas region based on market assessment, economic development, socio-demographic, governance indicators, and technological infrastructure.
– Country analysis: Provides deep-dive analysis of four high potential countries covering value growth during 2018-2023, key challenges, consumer demographics, and key trends supported with product examples. It also includes analysis of the key challenges faced and future outlook for the region.
– Health & Wellness analysis: Provides insights on the health & wellness products in terms of value and percentage share in the overall prepared meals sector during 2013-2023. The analysis includes key health & wellness attributes and consumer benefits driving the sales of prepared meals products in the Americas region, in 2018. It also covers the market share of leading companies offering prepared meals with health & wellness attributes in the same year.
– Brand analysis: Provides an overview of leading brands in the Americas region and analyzes the growth of private label products in the region.
– Key distribution channels: Provides analysis on the leading distribution channels for prepared meals across the key countries in the Americas region, in 2018. It covers six distribution channels: hypermarkets & supermarkets, convenience stores, food & drinks specialists, eRetailers, cash & carries and warehouse clubs, "Dollar Stores“, variety stores & general merchandise retailers, and other retailers.
– Preferred packaging formats: The report provides percentage share (in 2018) and growth analysis (during 2013-2023) for various package materials, pack types, closure types, and primary outer types based on the volume sales (by pack units) of prepared meals.
Reasons to Buy
– Manufacturing and retailers seek latest information on how the market is evolving to formulate their sales and marketing strategies. There is also demand for authentic market data with a high level of detail. This report has been created to provide its readers with up-to-date information and analysis to uncover emerging opportunities of growth within the sector in the region.
– The report provides a detailed analysis of the countries in the region, covering the key challenges, competitive landscape and demographic analysis , that can help companies gain insight into the country specific nuances
– The analysts have also placed a significant emphasis on the key trends that drive consumer choice and the future opportunities that can be explored in the region, than can help companies in revenue expansion
– To gain competitive intelligence about leading brands in the sector in the region with information about their market share and growth rates
ConAgra Brands Inc.
General Mills, Inc.
Pinnacle Foods, Inc.
Bellisio Foods, Inc.
The Kraft Heinz Co
Schwan's Consumer Brands, Inc.
Table of Contents
Table of Contents
1. Executive summary
2. Market size and growth analysis (regional analysis )
Market size analysis – Americas compared to other regions
Growth analysis by region
Growth analysis by country
Growth analysis by category
3. Growth potential by countries in Americas
Risk and reward analysis – opportunity scores
4. Market size and growth analysis
Overview – value and volume growth analysis by country
Growth contribution analysis by country
Share of prepared meals compared to other food sectors
Change in consumption levels by country and prepared meals category
Per capita consumption and expenditure analysis
5. Country profiles
6. Success stories
7. Company and brand analysis
Leading companies in Americas prepared meals sector
Company and brand share analysis
Leading companies by categories, in Americas prepared meals sector
Leading brands by categories, in Americas prepared meals sector
Private label penetration in the Americas prepared meals sector
8. Health & wellness analysis
Health & wellness analysis – overview
Health & wellness market growth analysis by country
Health & wellness analysis – key product attributes and consumer benefits
Leading health & wellness companies by market share
9. Key distribution channels
Leading distribution channels by country
Leading distribution channels by category
10. Key packaging formats
Growth analysis by key pack material and pack type
Growth analysis by closure type and primary outer type
11. Challenges and future outlook
13. Trends definitions
14. About GlobalData
Frequently asked questions
Tel +44 20 7947 2745
Every customer’s requirement is unique. With over 220,000 construction projects tracked, we can create a tailored dataset for you based on the types of projects you are looking for. Please get in touch with your specific requirements and we can send you a quote.
Business Intelligence & Marketing Manager, SAL Heavy Lift
“The GlobalData platform is our go-to tool for intelligence services. GlobalData provides an easy way to access comprehensive intelligence data around multiple sectors, which essentially makes it a one-for-all intelligence platform, for tendering and approaching customers.
GlobalData is very customer orientated, with a high degree of personalised services, which benefits everyday use. The highly detailed project intelligence and forecast reports can be utilised across multiple departments and workflow scopes, from operational to strategic level, and often support strategic decisions. GlobalData Analytics and visualisation solutions has contributed positively when preparing management presentations and strategic papers.”
Market Analyst & Management, Liebherr-Werk
“COVID-19 has caused significant interference to our business and the COVID-19 intelligence from GlobalData has helped us reach better decisions around strategy. These two highlights have helped enormously to understand the projections into the future concerning our business units, we also utilise the project database to source new projects for Liebherr-Werk to use as an additional source to pitch for new business.”
Head of Key Accounts, Saab AB
Your daily news has saved me a lot of time and keeps me up-to-date with what is happening in the market, I like that you almost always have a link to the source origin. We also use your market data in our Strategic Business Process to support our business decisions. By having everything in one place on the Intelligence Center it has saved me a lot of time versus looking on different sources, the alert function also helps with this.
Marketing Intelligence Manager, Portugal Foods
Having used several other market research companies, I find that GlobalData manages to provide that ‘difficult-to-get’ market data that others can’t, as well as very diverse and complete consumer surveys.
Head of Customer Insight and Research, Standard Chartered
Our experience with GlobalData has been very good, from the platform itself to the people. I find that the analysts and the account team have a high level of customer focus and responsiveness and therefore I can always rely on. The platform is more holistic than other providers. It is convenient and almost like a one stop shop. The pricing suite is highly competitive and value for our organisation.
I like reports that inform new segments such as the analysis on generation Z, millennials, the impact of COVID 19 to our banking customers and their new channel habits. Secondly the specialist insight on affluent sector significantly increases our understanding about this group of customers. The combination of those give us depth and breadth of the evolving market.
I’m in the business of answering and helping people make decisions so with the intelligence center I can do that, effectively and efficiently. I can share quickly key insights that answer and satisfy our country stakeholders by giving them many quality studies and primary research about competitive landscape beyond the outlook of our bank. It helps me be seen as an advisory partner and that makes a big difference. A big benefit of our subscription is that no one holds the whole data and because it allows so many people, so many different parts of our organisation have access, it enables all teams to have the same level of knowledge and decision support.
Head of Consumer Sensory Insights, Givaudan
“I know that I can always rely on Globaldata’s work when I’m searching for the right consumer and market insights. I use Globaldata insights to understand the changing market & consumer landscape and help create better taste & wellbeing solutions for our customers in food, beverage and healthcare industries.
Globaldata has the right data and the reports are of very high quality compared to your competitors. Globaldata not only has overall market sizes & consumer insights on food & beverages but also provides insights at the ingredient & flavour level. That is key for B2B companies like Givaudan. This way we understand our customers’ business and also gain insight to our unique industry”
Senior Account Manager, TSYS
GlobalData provides a great range of information and reports on various sectors that is highly relevant, timely, easy to access and utilise. The reports and data dashboards help engagement with clients; they provide valuable industry and market insights that can enrich client conversations and can help in the shaping of value propositions. Moreover, using GlobalData products has helped increase my knowledge of the finance sector, the players within it, and the general threats and opportunities.
I find the consumer surveys that are carried out to be extremely beneficial and not something I have seen anywhere else. They provided an insightful view of why and which consumers take (or don’t) particular financial products. This can help shape conversations with clients to ensure they make the right strategic decisions for their business.
One of the challenges I have found is that data in the payments space is often piecemeal. With GD all of the data I need is in one place, but it also comes with additional market reports that provide useful extra context and information. Having the ability to set-up alerts on relevant movements in the industry, be it competitors or customers, and have them emailed directly to me, ensures I get early sight of industry activity and don’t have to search for news.