"Packaging Insights: Innovation Scenarios in Sustainable Packaging Materials", identifies on-trend and emerging packaging materials to help FMCG maufacturers to adopt successful sustainable & ethic strategies.
Sustainable packaging was once a niche that only a small minority of the consumers took a notice of. As a result, a small number of products boasted of how environmentally friendly their packaging was, and few consumers gave this factor any importance when shopping. However, more consumers are now becoming aware of impact that packaging can have on the environment, and as a result, ethical packaging is now becoming a “must have” quality when purchasing a product. This sudden interest in sustainability in recent years has been driven by more open discussion via social media, and increased government lobbying resulting in action against plastics such as plastic bags.
– More than half of global consumers consider environmentally friendly packaging to be important
– Sustainability is important for consumers in creating a feeling of wellbeing
– Pressure from governments and consumers will force companies to better track the environmental impact of their packaging, and to make detailed plans on how they can reduce it.
– Focus on making products recyclable and reducing unnecessary packaging.
Reasons to Buy
– Gain insight on consumer trends and perceptions towards sustainable packaging materials
– Identify new and emerging packaging materials to help overcome challenges with sustainability and ethics
– Discover the latest innovation and learn from what other brands are doing to reduce carbon footprints
– Explore future challenges that the industry must overcome with use of sustainable pakcgaing materials.
Aquapak Polymers Ltd
Bio-Based Industries Joint Undertaking (BBI)
Table of Contents
Table of Contents
1. Introduction 5
2. Innovation Trends in sustainable packaging
• MFC (Microfibrillated Cellulose) 15
• PVOH (Polyvinyl Alcohol) 21
• EVOH (Ethylene Vinyl Alcohol) 27
• PEF (Polyethylene Furanoate) 33
3. The Future 39
4. Appendix 41