In Q2 2022, there was increased activity in the virtual care space. Compared to Q1 2022, Novo Nordisk initiated more trials with virtual components and posted more jobs related to virtual care. Daiichi Sankyo and Takeda are planning a study in Japan that will look at the feasibility of using a wearable device to track lifestyle habits. Sanofi announced several social initiatives, including the successful pricing of its first bond linked to improving access to essential medicine, the launch of its Diversity, Equity & Inclusion (DE&I) board, and the launch of Foundation S – The Sanofi Collective, its philanthropic endowment fund.
The clinical trials sector scorecard report offers in-depth research into a specific theme (such as AI or cybersecurity). The report identifies winners and losers based on technology leadership, market position, and other factors. It also covers all themes within a sector, giving readers a strong sense of how everything fits together and how conflicting themes might interact with one another. Moreover, each sector scorecard identifies the companies that are most likely to succeed in a world filled with disruptive threats.
What are the key events that have impacted the clinical trials thematic scorecard in Q2 2022?
Some of the key events that have impacted the clinical trials thematic scorecard in Q2 2022 are as follows:
In May 2022, Merck KGaA announced that over the next five years, it was going to invest at sites in Germany, China, France, Switzerland, Ireland, and the US that will focus on targets for water consumption, waste management, and energy efficiency, to support meeting its goal to be climate-neutral by 2040.
There were several interesting deals in the virtual care and digital health space in Q2 2022. Boehringer Ingelheim was sponsoring the UK’s first digital health training program for all NHS frontline staff. In May, Pfizer acquired ResApp Health, a digital health company developing smartphone apps for the diagnosis and management of the respiratory disease. Additionally, Roche partnered with Kaiku Health in May 2022 to offer cancer symptom management and support to clinics and patients via a digital platform.
In Q2 2022, many strategic partnerships in AI were forged, but which had no overall impact on company scores. GSK and PathAI partnered in April this year to accelerate R&D programs in oncology and non-alcoholic steatohepatitis (NASH) by leveraging PathAI’s digital pathology technologies including its AIM-NASH tool. Standigm enter into an agreement with Merck Korea in May 2022 to accelerate its drug discovery research by adopting Merck’s AI software SYNTHIA. In June 2022, Owkin announced that it will use AI to design clinical trials for BMS, with an initial focus on cardiovascular disease.
For more insights on the key events impacting the clinical trial thematic scorecard, download a free report sample
Market Report Overview
|Key events||ESG, Virtual Care, and AI|
- GlobalData’s Clinical Trials Thematic Scorecard report provides a top-down, comprehensive outlook for key players in the clinical trial sector over the next two to four years.
- These themes are Virtual Care, Rare Disease, Orphan Designated Drugs, Strategic Alliances, Real-world Evidence, AI, ESG, Cybersecurity, Cloud Computing, and Blockchain.
- The scorecard includes 53 companies from across the industry, including biopharmaceutical companies, biosimilar, and generic manufacturers, contract development and manufacturing organizations (CDMOs), and contract research organizations (CROs).
- It is important to note that this scorecard is not an assessment of the current performance of a company in a theme, but a view of future performance based on current levels of activity and investment.
- The methodology section contains information on what data sources were used to generate the thematic scores for each company.
- The scorecard is live on the PIC and will be updated quarterly.
Reasons to Buy
- Identify the key clinical trial themes for the next 2-4 years and learn how they will impact the market.
- Understand which key themes should be addressed to drive the share price.
- Understand which companies are best positioned for success within critical themes and why.
- Learn which companies have underinvested in key themes and are most vulnerable to disruption.
- Help companies adapt their strategy to anticipate and benefit from these themes as they play out.
- Help identify future winners and losers in drug development to inform partnership strategies.
Takeda Pharmaceutical Co Ltd
Merck & Co Inc
Bristol-Myers Squibb Co
Johnson & Johnson
Parexel International Corp
F. Hoffmann-La Roche Ltd
Eli Lilly and Co
IQVIA Holdings Inc
Novo Nordisk AS
Gilead Sciences Inc
Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc
Lonza Group Ltd
Daiichi Sankyo Co Ltd
Vertex Pharmaceuticals Inc
WuXi AppTec Co Ltd
Charles River Laboratories International Inc
Reliance Life Sciences Pvt Ltd
Innovent Biologics Inc
Teva Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd
Dr. Reddy’s Laboratories Ltd
Regeneron Pharmaceuticals Inc
Samsung Bioepis Co Ltd
Sun Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd
Cadila Pharmaceuticals Ltd
Coherus BioSciences Inc
CSPC Pharmaceutical Group Ltd
Intas Pharmaceuticals Ltd
Perrigo Co Plc
Shanghai Henlius Biotech Inc
Table of Contents
• Pharma Theme Map
Clinical Trials Scorecard: Key Q2 2022 Updates
• Company Screen
• Thematic Screen
• Valuation Screen
Our Thematic Research Methodology
• How Our Pharma Scores Are Generated
About the Authors
Frequently Asked Questions
The key events that have impacted the clinical trials thematic scorecard in Q2 2022 are ESG, virtual care, and AI.
Some of the key themes associated with the clinical trial market are empowered patient, geopolitics, cell and gene therapy, demographic changes, strategic alliances, big data, wearable tech, drug pricing and reimbursement, outsourcing, and cybersecurity.
Some of the key companies associated with the clinical trial market are Merck KGaA, Sanofi, Novo Nordisk, Daiichi Sankyo, Pfizer, Roche, Boehringer Ingelheim, GSK, and Bristol Myers Squib.
The key types of screens available in the clinical trial theme sector scorecard are thematic screen, valuation screen, and risk screen.
Tel +44 (0) 20 7947 2960
Personal and transaction information are kept safe from unauthorised use.