Point of care tests (POCT) are medical tests performed at the time and place of patient care. Point of care (POC) diagnostics include blood glucose testing, rapid cardiac marker testing, and infectious disease testing. POC testing devices have enhanced the diagnostic capacity for several severe diseases and disorders with the biggest selling point of the technology being the drastic reduction of turnaround time.
Numerous factors, such as the increasing prevalence of infectious diseases in developing countries, the rising incidences of lifestyle diseases such as cardiac diseases and diabetes, the rising usage of home-based POC devices, and technological advancements in molecular testing are stimulating the demand for POC testing.
The point of care (POC) diagnostics thematic research report gives an overview of the POC value chain, market size, growth forecasts, and the key trends impacting the market.
POC Diagnostics: Key Trends
The key trends that are associated with the POC diagnostics theme can be classified into three categories: technology trends, macroeconomic trends, and regulatory trends.
- Technology trends – The key technology trends impacting the POC diagnostics theme are the increase in POC diagnostic usage for COVID-19, human immunodeficiency viruses (HIV), and helicobacter pylori (H. pylori) infection. The growing demand for hematology and diabetes POC diagnostics set, fast turnaround time (TAT), the expansion of the home testing market, and integration with digital health are also impacting the theme.
- Macroeconomic trends – The key macroeconomic trends that will shape the POC diagnostics theme are cost-effectiveness, reimbursement, and demographics.
- Regulatory trends – The key regulatory trends impacting the POC diagnostics theme include the European medical device regulation, regulatory compliance, FDA emergency use authorization, and clinical laboratory improvement amendments (CLIA) waivers.
For more insights on key trends shaping the POC diagnostics theme, download a free report sample
POC Diagnostics: Industry Analysis
The key objective of POC diagnostics is to generate a result quickly so that the appropriate treatment can be implemented. This leads to both improved clinical outcomes for the patient as well as improved economic outcomes on the cost of healthcare. One of the biggest benefits of POC diagnostics is that it reduces the amount of time a patient stays in the hospital.
GlobalData predicts that COVID-19 POC nucleic acid amplification test (NAAT) market will grow in the near-term.
The point of care diagnostics industry analysis also covers:
- Market Segmentation
- Mergers and acquisitions
POC Diagnostics - Value Chain Analysis
The POC diagnostics market can be segmented into infectious diseases, hematological disorders, and metabolic disorders.
Metabolic Disorder: Metabolic disorders such as diabetes POC assays are performed to diagnose individuals at a higher risk of developing the disease. Tests that are performed to diagnose diabetes include glycated hemoglobin (HbA1c) assays, fasting glucose assays, c-peptide assays, and insulin assays. HbA1c POC assays are used extensively for both initial and confirmatory screening of diabetes globally.
POC Diagnostics Value Chain Analysis
For more insights on the POC diagnostics value chain, download a free report sample
POC Diagnostics - Leading Public Companies
Some of the leading companies making their mark within the POC diagnostics theme are Abbott Laboratories, Danaher, EFK Diagnostics, Sysmex, Siemens, Quidel, F. Hoffmann-La Roche, Trinity Biotech, and OraSure Technologies.
Point of Care Diagnostics Report Overview
|Key Trends||Technology Trends, Macroeconomic Trends, and Regulatory Trends|
|Value Chains||Infectious Diseases, Hematological Disorders, and Metabolic Disorders|
|POC Diagnostics Companies||Abbott Laboratories, Danaher, EFK Diagnostics, Sysmex, Siemens, Quidel, F. Hoffmann-La Roche, Trinity Biotech, and OraSure Technologies|
- This is a single theme report providing in-house analyst expertise on POC diagnostics. Components of the report include:
- Key Players – key players in POC diagnostics and their position in the value chain.
- Trends – the key trends shaping the POC diagnostics industry over the next 12 to 24 months. These are classified into technology, macroeconomic, and regulatory trends.
- Industry Analysis – the market value of key POC diagnostics segments such as COVID-19 and notable deals.
- Value Chain – overview of the POC diagnostics market divided by disorders, applications and POC devices.
Reasons to Buy
- GlobalData’s thematic research ecosystem is a single, integrated global research platform that provides an easy-to-use framework for tracking all themes across all companies in all sectors. It has a proven track record of identifying the important themes early, enabling companies to make the right investments ahead of the competition, and secure that all-important competitive advantage.
- Develop and design your corporate strategies through an in-house expert analysis of POC diagnostics by understanding the primary ways in which this theme is impacting the medical devices industry.
- Stay up to date on the industry’s major players and where they sit in the value chain.
- Identify emerging industry trends in POC diagnostics to gain a competitive advantage.
F. Hoffmann-La Roche
Table of Contents
Frequently Asked Questions
The key technology trends impacting the POC diagnostics theme are the increase in POC diagnostic usage for COVID-19, human immunodeficiency viruses (HIV), and helicobacter pylori (H. pylori) infection. The growing demand for hematology and diabetes POC diagnostics set, fast turnaround time (TAT), the expansion of the home testing market, and integration with digital health are also impacting the theme.
The key macroeconomic trends that will shape the POC diagnostics theme are the cost-effectiveness, reimbursement, and demographics.
The key regulatory trends impacting the POC diagnostics theme include European medical device regulation, regulatory compliance, FDA emergency use authorization, and clinical laboratory improvement amendments (CLIA) waivers.
GlobalData’s POC diagnostics value chain consists of three segments: infectious diseases, hematological disorders, and metabolic disorders.
Some of the leading companies associated with the POC diagnostics theme are Abbott Laboratories, Danaher, EFK Diagnostics, Sysmex, Siemens, Quidel, F. Hoffmann-La Roche, Trinity Biotech, and OraSure Technologies.
Tel +44 (0) 20 7947 2960
Every customer’s requirement is unique. We understand that and can customize the report basis your exact research requirements pertaining to market insights, innovation insights, strategy and planning, and competitive intelligence. You can also avail the option of purchasing stand-alone sections of the report or request for a country specific report.
“The GlobalData platform is our go-to tool for intelligence services. GlobalData provides an easy way to access comprehensive intelligence data around multiple sectors, which essentially makes it a one-for-all intelligence platform, for tendering and approaching customers.
GlobalData is very customer orientated, with a high degree of personalised services, which benefits everyday use. The highly detailed project intelligence and forecast reports can be utilised across multiple departments and workflow scopes, from operational to strategic level, and often support strategic decisions. GlobalData Analytics and visualisation solutions has contributed positively when preparing management presentations and strategic papers.”
“COVID-19 has caused significant interference to our business and the COVID-19 intelligence from GlobalData has helped us reach better decisions around strategy. These two highlights have helped enormously to understand the projections into the future concerning our business units, we also utilise the project database to source new projects for Liebherr-Werk to use as an additional source to pitch for new business.”
Your daily news has saved me a lot of time and keeps me up-to-date with what is happening in the market, I like that you almost always have a link to the source origin. We also use your market data in our Strategic Business Process to support our business decisions. By having everything in one place on the Intelligence Center it has saved me a lot of time versus looking on different sources, the alert function also helps with this.
Having used several other market research companies, I find that GlobalData manages to provide that ‘difficult-to-get’ market data that others can’t, as well as very diverse and complete consumer surveys.