Poland Retail Banking: Opportunities and Risks to 2023
The Total loan balances outstanding (including residential mortgage balances outstanding, personal loans and credit cards) in Poland grew at a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 5.0% during 2014-18, to reach PLN719,905m ($192,143m). Growth can be attributed to a robust economic situation, driving strong employment and higher private consumption. Home loan balances outstanding accounted for 60.9% of the total balances outstanding in 2018, followed by personal loans (37%) and credit card balances outstanding (2%). The personal loans market grew the fastest during the five-year review period, driven by higher private consumption.
This trend is expected to continue over the forecast period (2019-23), as macroeconomic conditions are expected to remain conducive to consumer spending. PKO Bank, Santander Bank Polski and Bank Pekao are the top three banks in the country. Santander Bank Polski witnessed strong growth in its market share across all products during the review period. The Polish retail deposits market recorded a healthy CAGR of 8.2% over 2014-18, despite the country having the lowest savings rate in Europe. Poles prefer to keep their funds in short-term deposits. The market is expected to record slower growth, with a CAGR of 5.7% over 2019-23.
Based on our proprietary datasets, this report analyzes the Polishlending market, with a focus on the consumer lending segment. The report discusses in detail the credit card, personal, and mortgage loan markets, covering market size, competitors’ market shares, and survey insights. The report also provides a market overview and insights on the retail deposit segment. In addition, it covers the key digital disruptors in Polish retail lending segment
– Residential mortgage loans in Poland registered a high CAGR of 4.5%, as demand for housing remained high. Furthermore, government subsidies to help first-time buyers in housing purchases fueled demand for housing over the review period.
– The personal loan market in Poland grew at a CAGR of 5.9% during 2014-18, the highest growth rate compared to the mortgage and credit card markets. Higher private consumption, positive labor market conditions and a declining lending rate all contributed to the growth of the personal loan market in Poland.
– Credit card debt in Poland recorded a review-period CAGR of 3.9%, reflecting their low penetration in Poland. Poles prefer to make payments via bank transfer and mobile payment solutions for online transactions.
Reasons to Buy
– Make strategic decisions using top-level historic and forecast data onthe Polishretail lending industry.
– Identify the most promising lending segment.
– Receive detailed insights into lending in Poland, including consumerlending.
– Understand the changing market and competitive dynamics by learning about new competitors and recent deals in the retail lending space.
– Receive comprehensive coverage of the retail deposit market in Poland.
Santander Bank Polski
ING Bank Slaski
BGZ BNP Paribas
Table of Contents
Table of Contents
Consumer Lending: Mortgage Loans
Consumer Lending: Personal Loans
Consumer Lending: Credit Card Loans
Get in touch to find out about our multi-purchase discounts
Tel +44 (0) 20 7947 2960
Every customer’s requirement is unique. We understand that and can customize the report basis your exact research requirements pertaining to market insights, innovation insights, strategy and planning, and competitive intelligence. You can also avail the option of purchasing stand-alone sections of the report or request for a country specific report.
Still undecided about purchasing this report?
“The GlobalData platform is our go-to tool for intelligence services. GlobalData provides an easy way to access comprehensive intelligence data around multiple sectors, which essentially makes it a one-for-all intelligence platform, for tendering and approaching customers.
GlobalData is very customer orientated, with a high degree of personalised services, which benefits everyday use. The highly detailed project intelligence and forecast reports can be utilised across multiple departments and workflow scopes, from operational to strategic level, and often support strategic decisions. GlobalData Analytics and visualisation solutions has contributed positively when preparing management presentations and strategic papers.”
“COVID-19 has caused significant interference to our business and the COVID-19 intelligence from GlobalData has helped us reach better decisions around strategy. These two highlights have helped enormously to understand the projections into the future concerning our business units, we also utilise the project database to source new projects for Liebherr-Werk to use as an additional source to pitch for new business.”
Your daily news has saved me a lot of time and keeps me up-to-date with what is happening in the market, I like that you almost always have a link to the source origin. We also use your market data in our Strategic Business Process to support our business decisions. By having everything in one place on the Intelligence Center it has saved me a lot of time versus looking on different sources, the alert function also helps with this.
Having used several other market research companies, I find that GlobalData manages to provide that ‘difficult-to-get’ market data that others can’t, as well as very diverse and complete consumer surveys.