Reinsurance in Spain, Key Trends and Opportunities to 2020
GlobalData’s 'Reinsurance in Spain, Key Trends and Opportunities to 2020' report provides detailed analysis of the market trends, drivers and challenges in the Spanish reinsurance segment.
It provides values for key performance indicators such as written premium, reinsurance ceded and reinsurance accepted during the review period (2011–2015) and forecast period (2015–2020).
The report also analyses information pertaining to the competitive landscape in the country, gives a comprehensive overview of the Spanish economy and demographics, and provides detailed analysis of natural hazards and their impact on the Spanish insurance industry.
The report brings together GlobalData’s research, modeling and analysis expertise to enable reinsurers to identify segment dynamics and competitive advantages, and access profiles of reinsurers operating in the country.
This report provides a comprehensive analysis of the reinsurance segment in Spain:
• It provides historical values for the Spanish reinsurance segment for the report’s 2011–2015 review period, and projected figures for the 2015–2020 forecast period.
• It offers a detailed analysis of the key categories in the Spanish reinsurance segment, and market forecasts to 2020.
• It provides a detailed analysis of the reinsurance ceded from various direct insurance segments in Spain, and the reinsurance segment's growth prospects.
• It analyzes various natural hazards and their impact on the Spain insurance industry
• The reinsurance segment’s growth was restricted by state-run insurance pools, which cover a significant proportion of the losses incurred due to natural, nuclear and socio-political events.
• The increasing prevalence of alternative risk-transfer instruments also contributed to persistent soft market conditions.
• The implementation of Solvency II has forced insurers to maintain higher capital. Solvency II has introduced new risk-management standards for insurers.
• Solvency ll regulations, reinsurance cover against natural disasters, the presence of heavy industries and acts of terrorism are expected to support growth in the Spanish reinsurance segment over the forecast period.
Reasons to Buy
• Make strategic business decisions using in-depth historic and forecast market data related to the Spanish reinsurance segment, and each category within it.
• Understand the demand-side dynamics, key market trends and growth opportunities in the Spanish reinsurance segment.
• Identify growth opportunities and market dynamics in key product categories.
• Gain insights into key regulations governing the Spanish insurance industry, and their impact on companies and the industry's future.
Nacional de Reaseguros SA
ACE Tempest Reinsurance Ltd
General Reinsurance AG
Table of Contents
1 Key Facts and Highlights
2 Executive Summary
3 Economy and Demographics
4 Reinsurance outlook
4.1 Reinsurance Segment Size, 2011–2020
4.1.1 Total reinsurance premium accepted
4.2 Reinsurance Segment Size by Premium Ceded, 2011–2020
5 Competitive Landscape
5.1 Company Profiles
5.1.1 Mapfre Re – company overview
5.1.2 Nacional de Reaseguros SA – company overview
5.1.3 Swiss Re – company overview
5.1.4 ACE Tempest Re – company overview
5.1.5 General Reinsurance AG Sucursal en España – company overview
6 Natural Hazards
7 Definition and Methodology
8 About GlobalData
8.1 Contact GlobalData
8.2 About GlobalData
8.3 GlobalData’s Services
List of Tables
Table 1: Spanish Reinsurance – Key Facts, 2015
Table 2: Spanish Government Credit Ratings
Table 3: Spanish Reinsurance – Total Premium Accepted (EUR Billion and US$ Billion), 2011–2015
Table 4: Spanish Reinsurance – Total Premium Accepted (EUR Billion and US$ Billion), 2015–2020
Table 5: Spanish Reinsurance – Premium Ceded by Type of Insurance (EUR Billion), 2011–2015
Table 6: Spanish Reinsurance – Premium Ceded by Type of Insurance (EUR Billion), 2015–2020
Table 7: Spanish Life Insurance – Percentage of Reinsurance Ceded (%), 2011–2015
Table 8: Spanish Life Insurance – Percentage of Reinsurance Ceded (%), 2015–2020
Table 9: Spanish Non-Life Insurance – Percentage of Reinsurance Ceded (%), 2011–2015
Table 10: Spanish Non-Life Insurance – Percentage of Reinsurance Ceded (%), 2015–2020
Table 11: Spanish Personal Accident and Health Insurance – Percentage of Reinsurance Ceded (%), 2011–2015
Table 12: Spanish Personal Accident and Health Insurance – Percentage of Reinsurance Ceded (%), 2015–2020
Table 13: Spanish Reinsurance Industry – Leading Insurers (%), 2015
Table 14: Mapfre Re – Key Facts
Table 15: Nacional de Reaseguros SA – Key Facts
Table 16: Swiss Re – Key Facts
Table 17: ACE Tempest Re – Key Facts
Table 18: Mapfre Re – Key Facts
Table 19: Insurance Industry Definitions
List of Figures
Figure 1: Spanish Real GDP (EUR Trillion), 2011–2020
Figure 2: Spanish Consumer Price Inflation (%), 2011–2020
Figure 3: Spanish Current Account Balance as Percentage of GDP (%), 2011–2020
Figure 4: Spanish Unemployment Rate, 2011–2020
Figure 5: Spanish Population by Age Group, 1991–2025
Figure 6: Spanish Reinsurance – Total Premium Accepted (EUR Billion), 2011–2020
Figure 7: Spanish Reinsurance – Premium Ceded by Type of Insurance (EUR Billion), 2011–2020
Figure 8: Spanish Reinsurance – Premium Ceded Dynamics by Type of Insurance, 2011–2020
Figure 9: Spanish Life Insurance – Percentage of Reinsurance Ceded (%), 2011–2020
Figure 10: Spanish Non-Life Insurance – Percentage of Reinsurance Ceded (%), 2011–2020
Figure 11: Spanish Personal Accident and Health Insurance – Percentage of Reinsurance Ceded (%), 2011–2020
Figure 12: Spanish Mortality by Hazards Type, 1990–2014
Figure 13: Spanish Economic Loss by Hazards Type, 1990–2014
Figure 14: Spanish Total Losses by Type, 1987–2015
Get in touch to find out about our multi-purchase discounts
Tel +44 (0) 20 7947 2960
Every customer’s requirement is unique. We understand that and can customize the report basis your exact research requirements pertaining to market insights, innovation insights, strategy and planning, and competitive intelligence. You can also avail the option of purchasing stand-alone sections of the report or request for a country specific report.
Still undecided about purchasing this report?
“The GlobalData platform is our go-to tool for intelligence services. GlobalData provides an easy way to access comprehensive intelligence data around multiple sectors, which essentially makes it a one-for-all intelligence platform, for tendering and approaching customers.
GlobalData is very customer orientated, with a high degree of personalised services, which benefits everyday use. The highly detailed project intelligence and forecast reports can be utilised across multiple departments and workflow scopes, from operational to strategic level, and often support strategic decisions. GlobalData Analytics and visualisation solutions has contributed positively when preparing management presentations and strategic papers.”
“COVID-19 has caused significant interference to our business and the COVID-19 intelligence from GlobalData has helped us reach better decisions around strategy. These two highlights have helped enormously to understand the projections into the future concerning our business units, we also utilise the project database to source new projects for Liebherr-Werk to use as an additional source to pitch for new business.”
Your daily news has saved me a lot of time and keeps me up-to-date with what is happening in the market, I like that you almost always have a link to the source origin. We also use your market data in our Strategic Business Process to support our business decisions. By having everything in one place on the Intelligence Center it has saved me a lot of time versus looking on different sources, the alert function also helps with this.
Having used several other market research companies, I find that GlobalData manages to provide that ‘difficult-to-get’ market data that others can’t, as well as very diverse and complete consumer surveys.