This report provides in-depth analysis of the latest trends in online shopping, covering the factors driving online shopping, consumer insights, market dynamics and the impact of COVID-19 on online retail sales in the country.
This report provides a detailed analysis of both the historic and forecast market data of retail sales of different product segments in online channel in Singapore. In addition, it provides an overview of changing shopping trends, the influence of various economic variables on the online retail industry, technology trends and the competitive landscape across product segments. The report also details major online retailers in each category group with their product proposition analysis and market positioning in 2020 along with recent key developments.
– Singapore's online retail industry grew from SGD2.9 billion in 2019 to SGD3.5 billion in 2020, while online penetration rose from 6.6% to 9.1% during the same time.
– Online sales of clothing, footwear & accessories totaled SGD879.8 million in 2020 and are expected to grow to SGD1,635 million by 2025 at a CAGR of 13.2% in the period.
– With a shift in consumer preferences, e-commerce is becoming increasingly popular. As per GlobalData’s Q1 2021 consumer survey, almost 60% of the respondents have confirmed that they are continuing to purchase their groceries online with 33% out of them doing more frequently.
Reasons to Buy
– Gain a comprehensive view of the online retail industry and forecasts to 2025
– Explore new opportunities that will allow you to align your product offerings and strategies to meet demand following the impact of COVID-19 on the online retail market
– Investigate current and forecast trends in online retail sectors to identify the opportunities offering the most potential
– Understand who the main competitors are in the sectors and their price positioning
Table of Contents
Table of Contents
Drivers & inhibitors
Trends in online retail
Online retail in France
Clothing, footwear & accessories
Food & grocery
Health & beauty