Spain Retail Banking: Opportunities and Risks to 2023
Total loan balances outstanding in Spain declined from €742.5bn ($850.6bn) in 2014 to €697.3bn ($798.8bn) in 2018, a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of -1.6%. Credit card balances outstanding was the fastest-growing credit segment during the review period, followed by personal loans and mortgage loans.
However, the Spanish government has eased loan requirements and extended the repossession period for mortgage loans. This, coupled with favorable financing conditions and easier loan acquisitions being offered by banks, should constitute a CAGR of 0.3% in loan balances outstanding between 2019 and 2023. This growth will also be driven by an increasing number of non-bank lenders and digital lending platforms breaking into the market and offering competitive interest rates as well as instant micro-consumer and SME loans.
Based on our proprietary datasets, this report analyzes the Spanish lending market, with a focus on the consumer lending segment. The report discusses in detail the credit card, personal, and mortgage loan markets, covering market size, competitors’ market shares, and survey insights. The report also provides a market overview and insights on the retail deposit segment. In addition, it covers the key digital disruptors in Spain’s retail lending segment.
– Credit card balances outstanding recorded a strong CAGR of 9.8% during 2014-18. Consequently, with the rising use of credit cards, the average amount that Spanish consumers owed on credit cards also increased during the same period.
– Spain’s personal loan market recorded a CAGR of 2.2% during 2014-18, supported by economic improvements, growth in net disposable incomes, and low interest rates.
– The Spanish residential mortgage market registered a negative CAGR of -2.9% during 2014-18, with its steepest annual fall coming in 2015 at -4.8%.
Reasons to Buy
– Make strategic decisions using top-level historic and forecast data on the Spanish retail lending industry.
– Identify the most promising lending segment.
– Receive detailed insights into lending in Spain, including consumer lending.
– Understand the changing market and competitive dynamics by learning about new competitors and recent deals in the retail lending space.
– Receive comprehensive coverage of the retail deposit market in Spain.
Kalonia Venture Partners
Gestion De Credito Kapital 100 SL (Kapital100)
Table of Contents
Table of Contents
Consumer Lending: Mortgage Loans
Consumer Lending: Personal Loans
Consumer Lending: Credit Card Loans
Get in touch to find out about our multi-purchase discounts
Tel +44 (0) 20 7947 2960
Every customer’s requirement is unique. We understand that and can customize the report basis your exact research requirements pertaining to market insights, innovation insights, strategy and planning, and competitive intelligence. You can also avail the option of purchasing stand-alone sections of the report or request for a country specific report.
Still undecided about purchasing this report?
“The GlobalData platform is our go-to tool for intelligence services. GlobalData provides an easy way to access comprehensive intelligence data around multiple sectors, which essentially makes it a one-for-all intelligence platform, for tendering and approaching customers.
GlobalData is very customer orientated, with a high degree of personalised services, which benefits everyday use. The highly detailed project intelligence and forecast reports can be utilised across multiple departments and workflow scopes, from operational to strategic level, and often support strategic decisions. GlobalData Analytics and visualisation solutions has contributed positively when preparing management presentations and strategic papers.”
“COVID-19 has caused significant interference to our business and the COVID-19 intelligence from GlobalData has helped us reach better decisions around strategy. These two highlights have helped enormously to understand the projections into the future concerning our business units, we also utilise the project database to source new projects for Liebherr-Werk to use as an additional source to pitch for new business.”
Your daily news has saved me a lot of time and keeps me up-to-date with what is happening in the market, I like that you almost always have a link to the source origin. We also use your market data in our Strategic Business Process to support our business decisions. By having everything in one place on the Intelligence Center it has saved me a lot of time versus looking on different sources, the alert function also helps with this.
Having used several other market research companies, I find that GlobalData manages to provide that ‘difficult-to-get’ market data that others can’t, as well as very diverse and complete consumer surveys.