“Spain Telecom Operators Country Intelligence Report,” a new Country Intelligence Report by GlobalData, provides an executive-level overview of the telecommunications market in Spain today, with detailed forecasts of key indicators up to 2024. Published annually, the report provides detailed analysis of the near-term opportunities, competitive dynamics and evolution of demand by service type and technology/platform across the fixed telephony, broadband, mobile and pay-TV segments, as well as a review of key regulatory trends.
Telecom service revenue growth in Spain over 2019-2024 will be driven by mobile data, fixed broadband and pay-TV. Mobile data will remain the leading contributor to total telecom service revenue over the forecast period. We expect mobile data revenue to increase from $7.8 billion in 2019 to $10.5 billion by 2024, led by growing mobile internet subscriptions and increasing data ARPU over the forecast period.
The Country Intelligence Report provides in-depth analysis of the following –
– Demographic and macroeconomic context in Spain.
– The regulatory environment and trends: a review of the regulatory setting and agenda for the next 18-24 months as well as relevant developments pertaining to spectrum licensing, national broadband plans, tariff regulation and more.
– Telecom and pay-TV services market outlook: analysis as well as historical figures and forecasts of service revenue from the fixed telephony, broadband, mobile voice, mobile data and pay-TV markets.
– The competitive landscape: an examination of the positioning of leading players in the telecom and pay-TV services market as well as subscription market shares across segments.
– Company snapshots: analysis of the financial position of leading service providers in the telecommunications and pay-TV markets.
– Underlying assumptions behind our published base-case forecasts, as well as potential market developments that would alter, either positively or negatively, our base-case outlook.
– Total telecom and pay-TV services revenue in Spain will increase at a CAGR of 2.4% during 2019-2024.
– Mobile data revenue will grow at the fastest CAGR of 6.1%. This growth will be led by data-centric plans in tandem with 5G adoption as the technology is rolled out from 2020.
– Fixed broadband revenue will grow at a CAGR of 5.3% over 2019-2024 to reach US$6.01 billion by 2024, supported by increasing broadband penetration
– Pay-TV service revenue will increase from US$2.35 billion in 2019 to US$2.76 billion in 2024, at a CAGR of 3.2%. It will be bolstered by growing adoption of IPTV services.
Reasons to Buy
– This Country Intelligence Report offers a thorough, forward-looking analysis of Spain's telecommunications markets, service providers and key opportunities in a concise format to help executives build proactive and profitable growth strategies.
– Accompanying GlobalData’s Forecast products, the report examines the assumptions and drivers behind ongoing and upcoming trends in Spain's mobile communications, fixed telephony, broadband markets, including the evolution of service provider market shares.
– With more than 20 charts and tables, the report is designed for an executive-level audience, boasting presentation quality.
– The report provides an easily digestible market assessment for decision-makers built around in-depth information gathered from local market players, which enables executives to quickly get up to speed with the current and emerging trends in Spain's telecommunications markets.
– The broad perspective of the report coupled with comprehensive, actionable detail will help operators, equipment vendors and other telecom industry players succeed in the challenging telecommunications market in Spain.
Table of Contents
Table of Contents
Demographic, macroeconomic and regulatory context
Demographic and macroeconomic context
Telecom and pay-TV services market outlook
Total telecom service revenue
Mobile services market
Fixed services market
Pay-TV services market
Competitive landscape and company snapshots
Baseline forecast assumptions
Country Intelligence Report coverage