The Impact of Money Laundering on Customer Due Diligence
The Panama Papers scandal of 2016 led to the leaked individuals’ names and associations being scrutinized by governments in the UK, Germany, France, Italy, Spain and Australia, among others, which is unsurprising given that the financial services industry is in the process of preparing for new, stricter regulation.
The Common Reporting Standards regulation, the Fourth Money Laundering Directive, the Foreign Account Tax Compliance Act and Financial Action Task Force recommendations on money laundering that have been proposed and enacted in Europe and the US are intended to strengthen the AML regulatory environment and increase pressure on institutions to comply.
Financial institutions need to do more to be compliant with CDD and KYC processes and, in particular, the need to check the internal security of client data. The is also applies to the provision of retail and not-for-profit services, and the need to minimise a business’s exposure to risk as a result of failure to comply with AML regulations.
The report is divided into three chapters, which cover the following areas:
• Overview of Risk Management
• Key Operational and Technological Trends and Spend
• Opportunities in Client Onboarding and Best Practice
• Emerging economies are upgrading their compliance procedures to bring them in line with international standards.
• Institutions have been taking new measures such as establishing committees to focus on financial crime to ensure everyone in the organization is accountable for AML compliance.
• Firms are investing in technology solutions, integrated platforms, cloud technology and data analytics to meet compliance obligations and increase efficiency in operations.
• The emergence of new methods of financial crime has created a challenge for regulators, technology firms and institutions, requiring significant improvements in overall IT systems.
Reasons to Buy
• Understand key factors that drive governments and regulatory bodies to formulate and implement AML regulations.
• Be informed of the key operational and technological trends and challenges that institutions face due to the rapid rise in money-laundering activity and frequent regulatory upgrades.
• Gain insight into key vendors operating in financial risk management, and analyze best practices adapted by financial and non-financial companies to combat money-laundering activity.
• Be informed about challenges and opportunities in client onboarding available to providers.
Gibraltar Private Bank and Trust
Wells Fargo Advisor
Atlas One Financial Group
EFG Private Bank
Wegelin & Co.
Bank of America
Stering National Bank
Lloyds Banking Group
BMO Harris Bank
SBD Next Generation Solutions
JP Morgan Chase
Al Baraka Bank Egypt
Euro Pacific Bank
Bank Central Asia
Table of Contents
1 EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
2 DEFINITIONS AND METHODOLOGY
2.1 What is this report about?
2.3 About WealthInsight
3.1 Overview of AML Risk Management
3.2 Key Drivers
3.3 AML End Participants
4 KEY OPERATIONAL AND TECHNOLOGICAL TRENDS AND CHALLENGES
4.1 Operational and Technological Challenges Summary
4.2 Technology Spending Trends
4.2.1 Overview of AML solution providers
4.2.2 Advanced AML solutions
4.3 Operational Trends
5 OPPORTUNITIES IN CLIENT ONBOARDING AND BEST PRACTICES
5.1 Risk Management Program Upgrades
5.2 Client Onboarding Challenges and Opportunities
List of Tables
Table 1: Instances of Banks being Imposed Money Laundering Sanctions, 2014–2016
Table 2: Operational and Technological Challenges
Table 3: Total IT Security Services Expenditure by Financial Institutions (US$ Million), 2015–2020
Table 4: Total IT Security Services Expenditure by Retailers (US$ Million), 2015–2020
Table 5: AML Vendors and Type of Solutions Offered
Table 6: Risk Identification and Mitigation Measures in Financial Institutions
Table 7: AML Update – Regulatory Environment – Americas
Table 8: AML Update – Regulatory Environment – Europe
Table 9: AML Update – Regulatory Environment – Asia-Pacific
Table 10: AML Update – Regulatory Environment – Middle East
List of Figures
Get in touch to find out about our multi-purchase discounts
Tel +44 (0) 20 7947 2960
Every customer’s requirement is unique. We understand that and can customize the report basis your exact research requirements pertaining to market insights, innovation insights, strategy and planning, and competitive intelligence. You can also avail the option of purchasing stand-alone sections of the report or request for a country specific report.
Still undecided about purchasing this report?
“The GlobalData platform is our go-to tool for intelligence services. GlobalData provides an easy way to access comprehensive intelligence data around multiple sectors, which essentially makes it a one-for-all intelligence platform, for tendering and approaching customers.
GlobalData is very customer orientated, with a high degree of personalised services, which benefits everyday use. The highly detailed project intelligence and forecast reports can be utilised across multiple departments and workflow scopes, from operational to strategic level, and often support strategic decisions. GlobalData Analytics and visualisation solutions has contributed positively when preparing management presentations and strategic papers.”
“COVID-19 has caused significant interference to our business and the COVID-19 intelligence from GlobalData has helped us reach better decisions around strategy. These two highlights have helped enormously to understand the projections into the future concerning our business units, we also utilise the project database to source new projects for Liebherr-Werk to use as an additional source to pitch for new business.”
Your daily news has saved me a lot of time and keeps me up-to-date with what is happening in the market, I like that you almost always have a link to the source origin. We also use your market data in our Strategic Business Process to support our business decisions. By having everything in one place on the Intelligence Center it has saved me a lot of time versus looking on different sources, the alert function also helps with this.
Having used several other market research companies, I find that GlobalData manages to provide that ‘difficult-to-get’ market data that others can’t, as well as very diverse and complete consumer surveys.