This insight report includes an analysis of source markets, infrastructure and attractions, and assesses the risks and opportunities for Western Europe as a destination market.
– France is the most visited country in the world, welcoming 85.8 million visitors in 2019. France is popular amongst European tourists, with the UK, Germany and Belgium being the biggest source markets. However, France is also a popular country for visitors from further afield including China and the United States.
– Spain is the second most visited country in the world, welcoming 83.7 million tourists in 2019.
– ‘Second city’ travel and traveling ‘off the beaten path’ is one of the biggest travel trends of the present time. This movement is favored as overtourism in popular destinations such as Venice and Barcelona is posing serious problems for the sustainability of future travel in these destinations. Second city tourism has helped cities like Bordeaux and Naples to thrive.
– With a plethora of leisure activities it is unsurprising that leisure tourism is so popular in Western Europe. In 2019, leisure tourism made up 61.9% of all tourism that year.
– This insight report includes an analysis of source markets, infrastructure and attractions, and assesses the risks and opportunities for Western Europe as a destination market.
Reasons to Buy
– Obtain a clear and detailed insight into new developments in this highly popular tourist destination region.
– Use data and analysis to explore future trends related to international arrivals, airlines, niche tourism, and hotel developments.
– Gain a strong understanding of the opportunities in the market, as well as the risks, to support better business decisions.
Table of Contents
Table of Contents
Western Europe Overview
New Flight Routes
Types of tourism
Destination focus: Spain
Spain: the tourism industry
Attractions & City focus
Airlines & Hotels
Destination focus: Switzerland
Switzerland: The tourism industry
Attractions & City focus
Risk & SWOT Analysis
Tel +44 (0) 20 7947 2960
Every customer’s requirement is unique. We understand that and can customize the report basis your exact research requirements pertaining to market insights, innovation insights, strategy and planning, and competitive intelligence. You can also avail the option of purchasing stand-alone sections of the report or request for a country specific report.
Personal and transaction information are kept safe from unauthorised use.
“The GlobalData platform is our go-to tool for intelligence services. GlobalData provides an easy way to access comprehensive intelligence data around multiple sectors, which essentially makes it a one-for-all intelligence platform, for tendering and approaching customers.
GlobalData is very customer orientated, with a high degree of personalised services, which benefits everyday use. The highly detailed project intelligence and forecast reports can be utilised across multiple departments and workflow scopes, from operational to strategic level, and often support strategic decisions. GlobalData Analytics and visualisation solutions has contributed positively when preparing management presentations and strategic papers.”
“COVID-19 has caused significant interference to our business and the COVID-19 intelligence from GlobalData has helped us reach better decisions around strategy. These two highlights have helped enormously to understand the projections into the future concerning our business units, we also utilise the project database to source new projects for Liebherr-Werk to use as an additional source to pitch for new business.”
Your daily news has saved me a lot of time and keeps me up-to-date with what is happening in the market, I like that you almost always have a link to the source origin. We also use your market data in our Strategic Business Process to support our business decisions. By having everything in one place on the Intelligence Center it has saved me a lot of time versus looking on different sources, the alert function also helps with this.
Having used several other market research companies, I find that GlobalData manages to provide that ‘difficult-to-get’ market data that others can’t, as well as very diverse and complete consumer surveys.