United Kingdom Meat Substitutes Market Opportunities, Trends, Growth Analysis and Forecast to 2027
All the vital news, analysis, and commentary curated by our industry experts.
UK Meat Substitutes Market Overview
The UK meat substitutes market was valued at GBP 623 million ($770.8 million) in 2022 and is expected to grow at a CAGR of more than 5% during the period 2022-2027. Single cell protein (Fungi/Algae) was the largest category in volume terms in 2022. The category is also forecast to register the fastest volume growth during 2022–2027, followed by soy based and vegetable/plant-based proteins.
UK Meat Substitutes Market Outlook, (GBP Million, 2022)
For more insights on the UK meat substitutes market report overview, download a free report sample
The UK meat substitutes market report provides an overview of the overall sector value and volume data with a growth analysis for 2017-2027. The report also offers value and growth analysis of individual segment share within each category and the change in their market share forecast for 2022-27
|Market size 2022||GBP 623 million ($770.8 million)|
|Key Categories||· Soy-Based Meat Substitutes
· Grain-Based Meat Substitutes
· Single Cell Protein
|Key Distribution Channel||· Hypermarkets & Supermarkets
· Convenience Stores
· Food & Drinks Specialists
|Key competitors||· Monde Nissin
· VBites Foods Limited
· Love Seitan
· TOPAS GmbH
· Vivera BV
|Enquire & Decide||Discover the perfect solution for your business needs. Enquire now and let us help you make an informed decision before making a purchase.|
UK Meat Substitutes Market, Segmentation by Categories
The key categories in the UK meat substitute market are soy-based meat substitutes, grain-based meat substitutes, and single cell protein (Fungi/Algae). The Single cell protein ((Fungi/Algae) was the largest category in 2022 is also forecast to register the fastest value growth during 2022–2027. It was followed by vegetable/plant-based proteins, grain-based, and soy-based.
UK Meat Substitutes Market, by Categories, 2022 (%)
For more category insights on the UK meat substitutes market, download a free report sample
UK Meat Substitutes Market, Segmentation by Distribution Channels
The key distribution channels in the UK meat substitute market are hypermarkets & supermarkets, convenience stores, e-retailers, food & drinks specialists, and others. Hypermarkets & supermarkets was the leading distribution channel in the UK meat substitutes sector in 2022, followed by e-retailers.
UK Meat Substitutes Market, by Distribution Channel, 2022 (%)
For more distribution channel insights on the UK meat substitutes market, download a free report sample
UK Meat Substitutes Market - Competitive Landscape
Some of the key brands in the UK meat substitutes market are Monde Nissin, VBites Foods Limited, Love Seitan, TOPAS GmbH, and Vivera BV. Monde Nissin International held the highest value share in 2022.
UK Meat Substitutes Market, by Brands, 2022 (%)
To know more about key competitors in the UK meat substitutes market, download a free report sample
Segments Covered in the Report
UK Meat Substitutes Market Outlook, Segmentation by Categories (Value, 2017-2027, GBP Million)
- Soy-Based Meat Substitutes
- Grain-Based Meat Substitutes
- Single Cell Protein
UK Meat Substitutes Market Outlook, Segmentation by Distribution Channels (Value, 2017-2027, GBP Million)
- Hypermarkets & Supermarkets
- Convenience Stores
- Food & Drinks Specialists
- Sector data: Overall sector value and volume data with growth analysis for 2017-2027
- Category coverage: Value and growth analysis for grain based, soy based, and vegetable/plant based proteins with inputs on individual segment share within each category and the change in their market share forecast for 2022-27
- Leading players: Market share of companies (in value terms) in 2022
- Distribution data: Provides analysis on the leading distribution channels, both at a sector and category level in 2022. The consumer sector reports cover the following 11 distribution channels: cash & carries and warehouse clubs, convenience stores, department stores, “dollar stores”, variety stores & general merchandise retailers, e-retailers, hypermarkets & supermarkets, food & drinks specialists, and other general retailers.
- Per capita consumption of meat substitutes was higher in the UK than at both the global and regional levels in 2021
- The per capita consumption of single cell protein (Fungi/Algae) substitutes was higher than other grain-based meat substitute categories in the UK in 2021
- Hypermarkets & supermarkets are the leading distribution channel in the UK meat substitute sector
- Private labels are growing at a lower CAGR than brands in the UK meat substitute sector
Reasons to Buy
- Identify high-potential categories and explore further market opportunities based on detailed value and volume analysis.
- Existing and new players can analyze key distribution channels to identify and evaluate trends and opportunities.
- Gain an understanding of the total competitive landscape based on detailed company share analysis to plan effective market positioning.
- Our team of analysts has placed a significant emphasis on changes expected in the market that will provide a clear picture of the opportunities that can be tapped over the next five years, resulting in revenue expansion.
- Analysis of key macroeconomic indicators such as real GDP, nominal GDP, consumer price index, household consumption expenditure, population (by age group, gender, rural-urban split, employed people, and unemployment rate. It also includes an economic summary of the country along with the labor market and demographic trends.
VBites Foods Limited
Table of Contents
- 1. Executive Summary
- 2. Market Environment
- 2.1. Value and Volume Share of UK in the Global and Western Europe Markets
- 2.2. Growth Analysis of UK Compared to Other Leading Countries in the Western Europe Market
- 2.3. PCC and PCE of UK Compared to the Global and Western Europe Markets
- 3. Sector Deep Dive
- 3.1. UK Meat substitutes Sector Snapshot
- 3.2. Market Size Analysis
- 3.3. Cross-category Comparison – Value Growth Analysis and Category Winners and Losers
- 3.4. Cross-category Comparison – Volume Growth Analysis and Category Winners and Losers
- 4. Category Deep Dive
- 4.1. Per Capita Consumption Analysis by Category
- 4.2. Market Size Analysis – Category: Grain-based
- 4.3. Segment-Level Analysis (in Value Terms) – Grain-based
- 4.4. Segment-Level Analysis (in Volume Terms) – Grain-based
- 4.5. Market Size Analysis – Category: Single cell protein (Fungi/Algae
- 4.6. Segment-Level Analysis (in Value and Volume Terms) – Single cell protein (Fungi/Algae)
- 4.7. Market Size Analysis – Category: Soy based
- 4.8. Segment-Level Analysis (in Value Terms) – Soy based
- 4.9. Segment-Level Analysis (in Volume Terms) – soy based
- 4.10. Market Size Analysis – Category: Vegetable/Plant based proteins
- 4.11. Segment-Level Analysis (in Value Terms) – Vegetable/Plant based proteins
- 4.12. Segment-Level Analysis (in Volume Terms) – Vegetable/Plant based proteins
- 5. Distribution Analysis
- 5.1. Channel Share Analysis
- 6. Competitive Environment
- 6.1. Leading Companies Value Share
- 6.2. Brand Share Analysis of Top Five Companies
- 6.3. Brand Share Analysis of Top Five Companies by Category
- 6.4. Private Label Share Analysis by Category
- 6.5. Growth of Private Labels Compared to Branded Products
- 6.6. Degree of Consolidation/Fragmentation by Category
- 7. Macroeconomic Analysis
- 7.1. GDP Growth and Inflation
- 7.2. Population Growth
- 7.3. Labor Market Trend
- 7.4. Economic Summary, Labor Market, and Demographic Trends
- 7.5. UK Risk Index (GCRI) 2022
- 7.6. UK Risk Analysis – Compared to Global and Western Europe Markets
- 8. Methodology
Frequently asked questions
What was the UK meat substitutes market size in the year 2022?
The UK meat substitutes market size was valued at GBP 623 million ($770.8 million) in 2022.
What is the UK meat substitutes market growth rate?
The UK meat substitutes market is expected to grow at a CAGR of more than 5% during the period 2022-2027.
Which was the leading category in the UK meat substitutes market in 2022?
Single cell protein was the leading category in the UK meat substitutes sector in 2022.
Which was the leading distribution channel in the UK meat substitutes market in 2022?
Hypermarkets & supermarkets was the leading distribution channel in the UK meat substitutes sector in 2022.
Which are the key competitors in the UK meat substitutes market?
Some of the key brands in the UK meat substitutes market are Monde Nissin, VBites Foods Limited, Love Seitan, TOPAS GmbH, and Vivera BV.
Tel +44 20 7947 2745
Every customer’s requirement is unique. With over 220,000 construction projects tracked, we can create a tailored dataset for you based on the types of projects you are looking for. Please get in touch with your specific requirements and we can send you a quote.
Business Intelligence & Marketing Manager, SAL Heavy Lift
“The GlobalData platform is our go-to tool for intelligence services. GlobalData provides an easy way to access comprehensive intelligence data around multiple sectors, which essentially makes it a one-for-all intelligence platform, for tendering and approaching customers.
GlobalData is very customer orientated, with a high degree of personalised services, which benefits everyday use. The highly detailed project intelligence and forecast reports can be utilised across multiple departments and workflow scopes, from operational to strategic level, and often support strategic decisions. GlobalData Analytics and visualisation solutions has contributed positively when preparing management presentations and strategic papers.”
Market Analyst & Management, Liebherr-Werk
“COVID-19 has caused significant interference to our business and the COVID-19 intelligence from GlobalData has helped us reach better decisions around strategy. These two highlights have helped enormously to understand the projections into the future concerning our business units, we also utilise the project database to source new projects for Liebherr-Werk to use as an additional source to pitch for new business.”
Head of Key Accounts, Saab AB
Your daily news has saved me a lot of time and keeps me up-to-date with what is happening in the market, I like that you almost always have a link to the source origin. We also use your market data in our Strategic Business Process to support our business decisions. By having everything in one place on the Intelligence Center it has saved me a lot of time versus looking on different sources, the alert function also helps with this.
Marketing Intelligence Manager, Portugal Foods
Having used several other market research companies, I find that GlobalData manages to provide that ‘difficult-to-get’ market data that others can’t, as well as very diverse and complete consumer surveys.
Head of Customer Insight and Research, Standard Chartered
Our experience with GlobalData has been very good, from the platform itself to the people. I find that the analysts and the account team have a high level of customer focus and responsiveness and therefore I can always rely on. The platform is more holistic than other providers. It is convenient and almost like a one stop shop. The pricing suite is highly competitive and value for our organisation.
I like reports that inform new segments such as the analysis on generation Z, millennials, the impact of COVID 19 to our banking customers and their new channel habits. Secondly the specialist insight on affluent sector significantly increases our understanding about this group of customers. The combination of those give us depth and breadth of the evolving market.
I’m in the business of answering and helping people make decisions so with the intelligence center I can do that, effectively and efficiently. I can share quickly key insights that answer and satisfy our country stakeholders by giving them many quality studies and primary research about competitive landscape beyond the outlook of our bank. It helps me be seen as an advisory partner and that makes a big difference. A big benefit of our subscription is that no one holds the whole data and because it allows so many people, so many different parts of our organisation have access, it enables all teams to have the same level of knowledge and decision support.
Head of Consumer Sensory Insights, Givaudan
“I know that I can always rely on Globaldata’s work when I’m searching for the right consumer and market insights. I use Globaldata insights to understand the changing market & consumer landscape and help create better taste & wellbeing solutions for our customers in food, beverage and healthcare industries.
Globaldata has the right data and the reports are of very high quality compared to your competitors. Globaldata not only has overall market sizes & consumer insights on food & beverages but also provides insights at the ingredient & flavour level. That is key for B2B companies like Givaudan. This way we understand our customers’ business and also gain insight to our unique industry”
Senior Account Manager, TSYS
GlobalData provides a great range of information and reports on various sectors that is highly relevant, timely, easy to access and utilise. The reports and data dashboards help engagement with clients; they provide valuable industry and market insights that can enrich client conversations and can help in the shaping of value propositions. Moreover, using GlobalData products has helped increase my knowledge of the finance sector, the players within it, and the general threats and opportunities.
I find the consumer surveys that are carried out to be extremely beneficial and not something I have seen anywhere else. They provided an insightful view of why and which consumers take (or don’t) particular financial products. This can help shape conversations with clients to ensure they make the right strategic decisions for their business.
One of the challenges I have found is that data in the payments space is often piecemeal. With GD all of the data I need is in one place, but it also comes with additional market reports that provide useful extra context and information. Having the ability to set-up alerts on relevant movements in the industry, be it competitors or customers, and have them emailed directly to me, ensures I get early sight of industry activity and don’t have to search for news.