“United Kingdom (UK) Small Domestic Appliances Market to 2025” report offers comprehensive insight and analysis of the UK Small Domestic Appliances market (including forecasts up to 2025), the major players, the main trends, and consumer attitudes. It provides in-depth analysis of the following: the key trends impacting the market, market sizes and forecasts, retailer market shares, consumer data and future outlook. The report focuses on vacuum cleaners, floor cleaners, irons and heating & cooling appliances. Consumer data is based on two surveys our March 2020 UK Small Domestic Appliances survey and July 2020 COVID-19 survey looking at the impact of the pandemic on small domestic appliances, both surveys used a panel of 2,000 nationally representative consumers.
The small domestic appliances market grew in 2020 driven by the COVID-19 pandemic, as UK consumers invested in appliances such as vacuum cleaners and floor cleaners as a result of spending more time at home. However, within the white goods market, which includes small kitchen appliances, major kitchen appliances and personal care electricals, small domestic appliances underperformed relative to the rest, as a result of mixed product performance.
– Small domestic appliances underperforms total white goods in 2020, despite market growth in SDA driven by the pandemic.
– Spend for small domestic appliances shifts to online with sales increasing significantly in 2020 as physical stores are forced to close temporarily due to COVID-19. Online pureplays such as Amazon, AO and The Very Group benefitted from non-essential store closures and consumers navigating to online platforms.
– With a significant proportion of consumers stating that they use different appliances to clean various floor surfaces, retailers must appeal to shoppers cleaning multiple floor surfaces.
Reasons to Buy
– Provides an overview of the key findings relating to the small domestic appliances market.
– Gain a better understanding of the total small domestic appliances market size and growth and market size and growth for each type of product including vacuum cleaners floor cleaners, irons and heating and cooling appliances.
– Gain insight into the growth of the online small domestic appliances market and how online pureplays are driving this shift to online.
– Use our in-depth analysis of the leading retailers in small domestic appliances in order to understand how to appeal to shoppers and remain competitive in the market.
– Better understand how consumers attitudes and shopping behaviours have changed regarding small domestic appliances, as a result of the pandemic.
Black and Decker
John Lewis & Partners
The Very Group
Table of Contents
Table of Contents
1. Key findings
2. The Market
Market size & growth for the total market, vacuum cleaners, floor cleaners, irons, heating & cooling appliances
Category growth & size: 2020 2022
Online sales penetration
Channels of distribution
3. The Retailers
Review of Amazon, Argos, Dixons Carphone, John Lewis & Partners and Tesco
4. The Consumer
Who, why, where, background consumer data
Data analysis on the impact of COVID 19 on this category
5. Methodology & contacts
Every customer’s requirement is unique. We understand that and can customize the report basis your exact research requirements pertaining to market insights, innovation insights, strategy and planning, and competitive intelligence. You can also avail the option of purchasing stand-alone sections of the report or request for a country specific report.
“The GlobalData platform is our go-to tool for intelligence services. GlobalData provides an easy way to access comprehensive intelligence data around multiple sectors, which essentially makes it a one-for-all intelligence platform, for tendering and approaching customers.
GlobalData is very customer orientated, with a high degree of personalised services, which benefits everyday use. The highly detailed project intelligence and forecast reports can be utilised across multiple departments and workflow scopes, from operational to strategic level, and often support strategic decisions. GlobalData Analytics and visualisation solutions has contributed positively when preparing management presentations and strategic papers.”
“COVID-19 has caused significant interference to our business and the COVID-19 intelligence from GlobalData has helped us reach better decisions around strategy. These two highlights have helped enormously to understand the projections into the future concerning our business units, we also utilise the project database to source new projects for Liebherr-Werk to use as an additional source to pitch for new business.”
Your daily news has saved me a lot of time and keeps me up-to-date with what is happening in the market, I like that you almost always have a link to the source origin. We also use your market data in our Strategic Business Process to support our business decisions. By having everything in one place on the Intelligence Center it has saved me a lot of time versus looking on different sources, the alert function also helps with this.
Having used several other market research companies, I find that GlobalData manages to provide that ‘difficult-to-get’ market data that others can’t, as well as very diverse and complete consumer surveys.