Competitor Profile: Blik
- Pages: 18
- Published: August 2019
- Report Code: VR1183MR
Blik is a Polish mobile payment solution launched by Polski Standard Płatności (PSP) in February 2015. PSP was formed in 2013 through strategic co-operation between six major Polish banks: Alior Bank, Millennium Bank, Bank Zachodni WBK (now Santander), ING Bank, mBank, and PKO Bank.
Blik is offered by Polish banks as an additional service within their mobile banking apps. It enables users to conduct payment transactions using a mobile phone, including online and in-store payments, cash deposits and withdrawals at ATMs, and P2P fund transfers. The solution is now used by 9 million customers of the participating banks. Online transactions accounted for 70% of total Blik transactions in Q2 2019, with ATM withdrawals the second most popular feature, followed by payments at point of sale (POS) terminals and P2P transfers.
Blik is accepted at over 20,000 ATMs and 300,000 POS terminals across Poland. Payments can be made using two payment options: Blik Code and Blik Cheque. Blik Code is a one-time six-digit code that is generated by logging into the mobile banking app; the code is entered at the POS terminal or online checkout page. Blik Cheque allows users to make payments using a nine-digit cheque number and a PIN.
The report provides information and insights into Blik including –
– Detailed insight into its business
– Comprehensive coverage of its products and services
– Comparative assessment with key alternative payment solutions
– Information on its performance, including its revenue model
– The company's important events and milestones
– In February 2015, Blik was launched.
– Blik users can make instant fund transfers using mobile phone numbers at participating banks using their respective mobile banking app.
– In December 2018, PSP, the operator of Blik, partnered with Mastercard, enabling Blik users to use proximity technology at all POS terminals globally that accept contactless Mastercard payments. In addition, Mastercard and PSP will facilitate payments on foreign e-commerce websites.
– In March 2019, Blik introduced recurring payments. The service is currently available for customers of ING and Bank Pekao.
Reasons to buy
– Gain insights into Blik's business operations and key events.
– Gain insights into its product portfolio and revenue model.
– Assess the competitive dynamics in the alternative payments industry by comparing its performance against competitors.
Polski Standard Płatności
Alior Bank,Millennium Bank
Bank Zachodni WBK
Getin Noble Bank
BGŻ BNP Paribas
Table of Contents
Table of Contents
Products & Services
Partner Banks & Financial Institutions