Wellness Providers – How Life and Health Insurers are Looking to Redefine Themselves
GlobalData’s Insight Report: Wellness Providers – How Life and Health Insurers are Looking to Redefine Themselves analyzes the evolution of wellness programs in workplaces, and how this impacts health and life insurers.
Key findings include:
• The increased availability of affordable health tracking and monitoring devices is transforming the possibilities of active risk management in the life and health insurance segments.
• Given the rising cost of healthcare resulting from higher life expectancies and the high costs of new drugs, health insurers are increasingly focusing on adding value to individuals and companies, as well as providing cover for negative health events.
• There is also a potentially wider benefit from the availability of efficient health-monitoring technology and associated data flows, which enable insurers to embed themselves closer to the consumer.
• Popular technological advances are driven by companies such as Apple, Google and Amazon, which have a broad understanding of the scope of technology in healthcare, thereby increasing competition for insurers.
• Insurers are aware of this threat and have started utilizing venture capital to invest in insurtech startups, to benefit from disruption instead of becoming victims to it.
• Insurance companies looking to interact more frequently with policyholders about lifestyles require data and technological knowledge that is best accessed by younger, agile firms that specialize in healthcare technology.
• Definitions and strategies for the successful implementation of wellness programs
• Profiles of popular wellness providers
• Regulations pertaining to wellness programs
• The impact of wellness programs on insurers
• Insurers' approaches to integration with wellness programs
• Wellness programs were initially introduced as employee incentives by large corporations, to improve the health of employees and their families and encourage a fitness culture to reduce healthcare costs both for employees and employers.
• According to statistics from Corporate Wellness magazine, every US$1 invested in an employee wellness program results in around US$4 of savings through reduced sick leave, higher productivity and lower overall health costs.
• Data received from individual wellness reports or programs helps insurers to devise bespoke policies and charge premiums based on health data for groups of people.
• Laws surrounding incentives for insurance premiums as a part of wellness programs require careful evaluation before implementation.
• The Global Wellness Institute expects the value of wellness programs to reach US$40 billion globally by 2021, despite the fact that around 9% of the global workforce has access to these programs at the workplace.
Reasons to Buy
• Build an understanding of the concept of wellness programs
• Develop an insight into the regulation of wellness programs
• Gain an overview of the major wellness providers
• Gain an understanding of the opportunities for insurers due to growth of wellness programs
Table of Contents
1 Executive Summary
2 Wellness Programs
3 The Impact of Wellness Programs on Insurers
4 Insurers’ Strategies to Become Wellness Providers
6 Definitions and Methodology
7 About GlobalData
7.1 Contact GlobalData
7.2 About GlobalData
7.3 GlobalData’s Services
List of Tables
Table 1: Notable Wellness Providers
Table 2: Insurance Industry Definitions
List of Figures
Figure 1: Best Practices Associated with Wellness Programs
Figure 2: US Federal Laws Governing Workplace Wellness Programs
Figure 3: Recommendations for a Well-Connected Wellness Program
Figure 4: Key Components of Vitality’s Connected Wellness Ecosystem
Get in touch to find out about our multi-purchase discounts
Tel +44 (0) 20 7947 2960
Every customer’s requirement is unique. We understand that and can customize the report basis your exact research requirements pertaining to market insights, innovation insights, strategy and planning, and competitive intelligence. You can also avail the option of purchasing stand-alone sections of the report or request for a country specific report.
Still undecided about purchasing this report?
“The GlobalData platform is our go-to tool for intelligence services. GlobalData provides an easy way to access comprehensive intelligence data around multiple sectors, which essentially makes it a one-for-all intelligence platform, for tendering and approaching customers.
GlobalData is very customer orientated, with a high degree of personalised services, which benefits everyday use. The highly detailed project intelligence and forecast reports can be utilised across multiple departments and workflow scopes, from operational to strategic level, and often support strategic decisions. GlobalData Analytics and visualisation solutions has contributed positively when preparing management presentations and strategic papers.”
“COVID-19 has caused significant interference to our business and the COVID-19 intelligence from GlobalData has helped us reach better decisions around strategy. These two highlights have helped enormously to understand the projections into the future concerning our business units, we also utilise the project database to source new projects for Liebherr-Werk to use as an additional source to pitch for new business.”
Your daily news has saved me a lot of time and keeps me up-to-date with what is happening in the market, I like that you almost always have a link to the source origin. We also use your market data in our Strategic Business Process to support our business decisions. By having everything in one place on the Intelligence Center it has saved me a lot of time versus looking on different sources, the alert function also helps with this.
Having used several other market research companies, I find that GlobalData manages to provide that ‘difficult-to-get’ market data that others can’t, as well as very diverse and complete consumer surveys.